Stupid Criminals

Reading Sc's post on flight checks and the Stella awards reminded me of a good stupid criminal story.

This is not an internet rumor or urban legend. I know the criminal well since his father and I have been friends since the 4th grade.

An area Burger King was robbed by a man brandishing a gun in the early morning hours late one evening. The man demanded employees to fill a paper bag with money from the registers and after getting the money, he fled on foot. Minutes later he returned with the weapon and demanded they fill another bag with food. A quick thinking employee told him the fries were't ready and that he'd have to wait. In the interim another employee had called the police who by this time arrived as the robber attempted to leave. My friends and I have busted his Dad's balls about this for the last 5 years. It just gets better with time. Anyone else got any?

Guest Grayfox

lmao

i dont have any personal criminal stories to tell (im clean criminally... just not mentally), but i did see one on "americas dumbest criminals" where this idiot was in a trailer park trying to syphon gas out of these winnebagos. (for those that dont know. to siphon, you put a hose in the gas tank, put the hose to your mouth, and suck with your mouth until gas comes out of the hose.)

well the moron accidentally siphons the wrong line, and accidentally siphons the sewage line...nasty.

Read this in the local paper a couple years back...

Fremont (about 1 hour southeast of San Francisco) Police chased a suspect through city streets in the wee hours of the morning. The suspect tried to hide in a parking lot. What he didn't realize is the parking lot belongs to Fremont Jail.

Another story I read a while back... Rio de Jainero, Brazil. Robbers there rob buses. This robber got off at downtown plaza, right into an anti-crime rally attended by hundreds of police, citizens, and the local sheriff/mayor. Upon seeing the robber getting off and the passengers screaming "Catch him! He robbed us!" the sheriff/mayor jumped off the stage and started chasing the robber himself, with the police close behind. It was a real scene for a while.

In Orlando there was a guy who robbed a McDonalds with his underwear covering his face.

The rest of his body was naked.

His name and phone number were tattooed on his thigh.