BCM v1.0.01 Beta Patch Released!

Supreme Cmdr

This patch is just an interim which addresses several critical issues. Because it is not a final patch, it has an expiration date. The final patch will be released prior to the date expiring. Send all premature expiration notices to [email protected] .

The patch is on the downloads page

There are some oddities with marines on the planet surface related to CD and them flying without jetpacks. Thats what was WIP prior to my decision to release this.

The VCF is also included in the patch.

Comments welcome - but NO bug reports in this thread please.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Vandal:

Hmmm I tinkered with it a little bit, tried entering the serial number provided and hitting unlock, gave me a blank error message, so I gave up and hit continue. Works great except for that annoying font now...

All you have to do is hit CONTINUE to proceed.

The unlock code prompt is if the expiration time needs to be extended. In which case, you send in the serial number and I send you an unlock code. But this is not necessary since the patch remains unlocked until 11/26.

What font? That unlock screen has NOTHING to do with BCM. It is a completely separate wrapper (like SafeDisc) which is executed prior to BCM actually running.

quote:

Originally posted by schoch1:

I just uninstalled and re-installed and nothing. The game will not load now (It was playing fine prior to the patch). SC, please help.

1. This is the last time I'm telling you to add your specs to your sig.

2. If the game no longer works, it has nothing to do with the patch - especially if you installed and uninstalled. The patch is just an EXE. Did you wipe out the folder when you uninstalled?

quote:

What font? That unlock screen has NOTHING to do with BCM. It is a completely separate wrapper (like SafeDisc) which is executed prior to BCM actually running.

Actually the font I was referring to does not pertain to the wrapper, I posted earlier about actual in game fonts in the General Issues Thread.

SC, I do not know if this makes any difference, but when I go into "my computer" and double click on the D drive, I dont even get the quickload window anymore...I'm dead in the water right now.

quote:

Originally posted by schoch1:

SC, I do not know if this makes any difference, but when I go into "my computer" and double click on the D drive, I dont even get the quickload window anymore...I'm dead in the water right now.

And what has this got to do with BCM? Clear out of this thread. I'm not telling you again.

Once again

1. This patch REQUIRES Direct X 8.1
  2. You do NOT need an unlock code. Simply press the CONTINUE button to proceed. This patch has an expiration date in order to inform you that it is an interim patch. The final patch will be out prior to expiration.
  3. If the patch prematurely expires (which has been known to happen, even when we used it in the Beta), simply write down the serial number displayed on the dialog screen and send to [email protected] along with your CDKEY from the CDROM Tyvex sleeve. You need to send in BOTH of these numbers.

Mine prematurely ejaculated....Oops,I mean expired. Sent the required info to [email protected] and got a automated message sent back to me. Not a big deal. I can wait three days for the new patch.

Update: Code was sent to me in a new e-mail. My bad.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: KreKol ]