Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Supreme Cmdr

BCM v1.0.02 RC Patch

Recommended Posts

Dammit SC! just when I've finished downloading the current patch you release a new one! Thanks for making them available so quickly, you've squashed bugs I haven't even seen yet!

I've just checked the vcf and noticed that there has been a patch a day (TWO on the fifth) since the 2nd Dec! that is dedication!

ok i'm arsecreeping now so I'll stop

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: buckthesystem ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

If one of the the 1.0.02 RC patches erased the saved games some time back, will the final 1.0.02 erase the saved games from the final 1.0.01 patch?


But of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting a URL not found message from the link on the download page and also from previous links in this thread....anyone have any Ideas?

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me four!

On to business......

quote:

Revised the inflation rate calculation. Good luck generating millions in Earth region

Damn!

quote:

Revised the mining drone mining logic. It now takes 400 mins to fill up completely and can mine up to 10 types of minerals (up from 5)

400 mins? Damn damn damn!!! (He loves torturing us vets, doesn't he? )

Hey everybody! Find more bugs!! Because if he doesn't squash bugs in patches, he'll squash all our favorite loopholes and stuff!!! (I just had to say it. )

At least the SC's done something with the intruders:

quote:

Intruders will no longer board your ship if the EMD is on or you are in hyperspace

Well, good job SC. Bug free since 1.0.02 RC5 for me.... Just don't get too happy-go-lucky with those little tweaks to the BC Economy..... I've still got to earn a decent buck.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Gryphon:

Hm, better get your drones nice and full before upgrading to the latest RC boyz


LOL!!!!

And I have even more tweaks and holes to plug. Next on my list are these two holes

1. Being able to use the Tacops zoom-to to view a region where you have ships in. Later, unless you have a probe there, this will no longer work.

2. Shuttle towing. Later, the shuttle speed will depend on the mass of the object its towing. Have it tow a Stormcarrier, and you'll be there a week trying to leave the region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, 1.0.02 RC9 is uploaded now.

WARNING

All RC5 or higher saved games are backward compatible but WILL be deleted by this update in

order to safeguard against folks still using v1.0.01 saved games. If you wish to keep

your RC5 or higher saved games, backup all the files in the SAVE folder. Apply the patch.

Then copy the backed up files back to the SAVE folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

2. Shuttle towing. Later, the shuttle speed will depend on the mass of the object its towing. Have it tow a Stormcarrier, and you'll be there a week trying to leave the region.


Drat... So much for dragging those blasted diplomats to their destination...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Drat... So much for dragging those blasted diplomats to their destination...

I'm more concerned about dragging my CC to port if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, I was wondering about that shuttle-tow thing. That was one of my fuel-savers & escape tricks.

Ditto on what Tyrn said. SC, please remember that we like to sometimes send a shuttle to two helpless fools (including ourselves) into port sometimes. Or tow a disabled raider in for a reward while the CC's dealing with his compatriots. So don't make it TOO slow.

BTW, you didn't say whether that applied to the realspace or hyperspace speeds of the shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

No intruders if the jammer is on and on hyperspace.. THANK GOD! No more inlaws coming to visit unless I want them to. I would still prefer the "if shields above 50% they cant visit" thing , but oh well, at least we can scramble their molecules into space when they beam over. Now if we could just add a shrieking scream to let us know they tried... ahhh that would be most satisfying

I for once think that shuttles should be slow when towing something. The bigger the slower. The energy that tractor beam has to use to tow a stormcarrier should drain its engine power. I like it!. Wish the same rule was applied to the CC's. I can tow a supercarrier with my lil' starwarrior and zip around at top speed.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Tac ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

I for once think that shuttles should be slow when towing something. The bigger the slower. The energy that tractor beam has to use to tow a stormcarrier should drain its engine power. I like it!. Wish the same rule was applied to the CC's. I can tow a supercarrier with my lil' starwarrior and zip around at top speed.

Slower, yes...everyone agrees that's always been the biggest exploit (along with mining drones, I know) and who isn't "guilty" of using it? The trick will be striking a balance between slow tow and tow my butt back to port. That is, of course, if SC decides that shuttles should even be able to tow a CC effectively at all. It is his vision of the universe after all.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here. (bcm1002.exe)

Put that link to your system specs in your sig. See the UBB Code Page for more information on this. It should look like this:

[ url=http://www.3000ad.com/register/profile.php?id=### ]System Profile Info[ /url ]

Replace the ### with the actual number that's in your RegDB system specs link, and take out the spaces between the brackets.

Until you do so, you cannot recieve any more tech support. Nova, over and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by KreKol:

I want to know what happened to RC8?????


Do you know what RC means? It means Release Candidate. Internal use only. So, that doesn't mean I have to release very version to the public. As such, I didn't release RC8. And the problem is what, exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

who isn't "guilty" of using it?


I can claim, I have NEVER towed my cc with a shuttle, well, once, but my engine was destroyed and I didn't have enough parts to fix it up to where i could hyper, anyway, great job SC...We love you!!! *notices his girlfriend standing behind him*, umm...but not as much as you honey...heh...no, wait, come back...awww...oh well...at least I still have my faithful crew...

anyway, in case you couldn't tell, this was all a joke...I do have a g/f though...and I have forgotten to call her once...but she was ok...she understands my addiction to games...heh...

anyway, I think the shuttle towing thing is a great idea, but I always thought the mining drones mined a little slow???...oh well, I'm not complaining...

again THANK YOU SC!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr

Do you know what RC means? It means Release Candidate. Internal use only. So, that doesn't mean I have to release very version to the public. As such, I didn't release RC8. And the problem is what, exactly?

I do know what it means and there is no problem. Just being a smart (post your own word here).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by KreKol:

I do know what it means and there is no problem. Just being a smart (post your own word here).


hehe, figures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies, SC for not providing sufficient information in my previous post.

I have started a new game with RC9 with the following parameters: Terran/Scientist, Roam, LRT-15 unarmed transport.

By some miracle I have managed to avoid attack approximately three hours into the game and can report that all ship systems (including the auxiliary charger) are at a full 100% according to Logistix/Crafts/CC.

Both Flight Engineers are on-station. All ship systems have full power allocated in Logistix/Power.

Unfortunately I must report that my shuttlecrafts are still not being recharged according to the CVD/SSS. (I have launched them several times for various purposes and then recovered them. They are currently docked with my CC. In all cases I have used the highest AI system engineers and/or medics as pilots.)

I have a theory for why this might be happening. I have noticed that Carrier class vessels have a "central charging unit" listed in Logistix/Power. I have also noticed that the "central charging unit" does not appear in Logistix/Power on Transport class vessels. Perhaps if this unit is not present then the auxiliary charger can not work.

I am probably 100% wrong about this so it is just a theory.

In any case, given the fact that this issue does not appear to be a problem for anyone else in the community, and given the fact that I can just recharge the shuttlecrafts at a starstation or starbase; I figure this is of no importance.

I am well aware that you are quite busy SC and since I do not wish to become an annoyance, I will not bother you with this again.

I will report to the airlock now and await further orders.

Respectfully,

Gamaliel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a little abuse today, so I thought I'd post here.

I loaded the game from the CD and it worked great. Then I loaded the patches and it didn't work -- it bounced me right back to the desktop. I read the bright red warnings about upgrading to DirectX 8.1, but I didn't do it at first. Then I got smart and did upgrade to DirectX 8.1. This got me further in that it didn't bounce me, but it locked me up instead.

Now comes the fun part.

I read the posts in the video threads regarding box text mentioning Voodoo3 support, not support but just tested, etc. My question is: now that the very first patch requires an upgrade to DirectX 8.1, and that you also mention that 8.1 drivers must be used as well, does this completely, finally, and once and for all, eliminate Voodoo3 from use beyond the CD version? Is my problem (aside from personal observations) that I'm using DirectX 8.1 with final Voodoo3 drivers?

Yep, time for a v-card with drivers that Dx8.1 Good thing that XMAS is just around the corner.

TTFN

Has anyone with a Voodoo3 card been able to run with the patches, or is it just me? I'm not ruling out that something on my machine is messing me up -- I'm searching for information at this time.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Steve Schacher ]

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

I need a little abuse today, so I thought I'd post here.

I loaded the game from the CD and it worked great. Then I loaded the patches and it didn't work -- it bounced me right back to the desktop. I read the bright red warnings about upgrading to DirectX 8.1, but I didn't do it at first. Then I got smart and did upgrade to DirectX 8.1. This got me further in that it didn't bounce me, but it locked me up instead.

Now comes the fun part.

I read the posts in the video threads regarding box text mentioning Voodoo3 support, not support but just tested, etc. My question is: now that the very first patch requires an upgrade to DirectX 8.1, and that you also mention that 8.1 drivers must be used as well, does this completely, finally, and once and for all, eliminate Voodoo3 from use beyond the CD version? Is my problem (aside from personal observations) that I'm using DirectX 8.1 with final Voodoo3 drivers?

Yep, time for a v-card with drivers that Dx8.1 Good thing that XMAS is just around the corner.

TTFN

Not necesseraly, but recommended, YES. Papi

Has anyone with a Voodoo3 card been able to run with the patches, or is it just me? I'm not ruling out that something on my machine is messing me up -- I'm searching for information at this time.


I still have voodoo 3 and I'm running BCM.. well not fine, but... it's running. I use x3dfx 1.08.03 drivers. I don't know if it makes any difference for you, but if you want to try them you can find them here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×