UC 2.00.11 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The filename for the patch is as it appears on the downloads page and in that MD5 file.

If you are getting a different filename, its not coming from me, you may have another file of the same name somewhere on your system or in your cache.

people keep reporting that sometimes when downloading the patch via the registration page using IE, the filename is different and is displayed as uc2[1].00.11.exe.

I have NO idea why that is. So, after downloading the file, just rename it to the proper file name which is uc2.00.11.exe and then test its MD5 signature to make sure the file was downloaded correctly. Then run the patch after copying it into the game folder.

[ 07-18-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

people keep reporting that sometimes when downloading the patch via the registration page using IE, the filename is different and is displayed as
uc2[1].00.11.exe

I have NO idea why that is. So, after downloading the file, just rename it to the proper file name which is
uc2.00.11.exe
and then test its
to make sure the file was downloaded correctly. Then run the patch after copying it into the game folder.

It does with both IE's browser and SBC/Yahoo's browser, but I've never had any problems installing a patch with the uc2[1].00.11.exe filename.

AFAIK IE always has done that under certain conditions. I think it has to do with identical file name collision avoidance, possibly in the Internet cache folders. You can also get [2], [3] etc too. It may also have to do with how the download is being conducted too. I never made a study of this...

IMHO its dumb. Why couldn't MS just have done ye olde "File exists. Replace existing file? Y/N" box?

Okay I`ve downloaded the patch checked the MD5 signature, all is fine. On checking the save folders log file it says 2235 full save profile 0, it also says 2235 quick save profile 0. I have only used the save and quit option. Does this mean that if I apply the v2.00.11 patch that it will delete my saved games, also as I have only used save and quit why does the log file say 2235 quick save profile 0?

You have no business messing around in the saved game files. And I think the reason it says quick save (when it probably isn't), has already been discussed. All games with the 2.00.11 patch won't say that any longer.

And yes, the patch will delete your saved games if they are not 2.00.00 compliant of if they contain a quick save signature.

And if you moved the saved games out of the folder so that the patch doesn't get to them and you later move them back and play with them, your game will get corrupted at some point in the near future.

Okay patched to v2.00.00 and then to v2.00.11 lost the saved games, but no big deal. No problems with it so far. Thanks SC for taking the time and effort to help me. As a lay computer user your help and guidance are much appriciated, and thats the reason I have stuck with the series from BC300Ad v1.0. Great work!

Just to chime in; IE changes the name of the file, which IE considers to be only the name BEFORE the first "." So if you have downloaded any of the patches, it thinks you already have a file named UC2 on your machine and therefore increments the download name. People should know to pull out your DOS 2.1 manual before trying to guess what IE will do

I'm getting the same "invalid patch file" problem as mentis. I checked it against the hash and no matter how i download it, the 2.00.11 file is always "BAD." I have no idea

I have redownloaded the patch and it worked the last time I did it. I also compared it to the previous "invalid" file, and noticed that the size was off by about 7MB. The new one worked fine however.

Mine most recent download worked as well. There was a difference in file size but it wasn't 7mb. Also, compared to the hash file, it was "unknown." At least I can play the most recent version now