UCAWA 1.00.14 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Just finished testing. Confirming desperado's results.

Ran the game (window, no logo) and get the same, black window then exit to desktop, no error message.

ucdebug.log file is empty - 0 bytes.

The only thing I didn't do this time was to reinstall April's Directx, I can try this if you want, let me know. I most recently reinstalled it just before the last patch.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've found the problem. It has to do with the DRM encryption of the files.

I just downloaded the same version from D2D and patched to .14 and was getting the same results.

When I added /d5 to the shortcut, I got three .log files which had data showing the problem. I have NO idea why you folks are not getting those .log files.

SC,

Good news that you are able to repeat the problem.

I am not sure, but if you mean the logfiles that look like: ucawa.exe_########.time.log, .log, and .directx.log, then I posted about those files a ways back in this thread, and they occur regardless of whether or not you use the debug switch (for me anyway).

Thanks,

quote:

Originally posted by Case:

SC,

Good news that you are able to repeat the problem.

I am not sure, but if you mean the logfiles that look like: ucawa.exe_########.time.log, .log, and .directx.log, then I posted about those files a ways back in this thread, and they occur regardless of whether or not you use the debug switch (for me anyway).

Thanks,

Yes, those are the log files generated by their DRM. One of them (the one with 'time' in the name) lists (as the last line) that it is unable to read the LANGUAGE.LNG file. Hence the reason the program refuses to start.

I have sent them a detailed email and asked them to re-protect the EXE and all the relevant data files.

I suspect that they upgraded their DRM scheme and thus only protected the EXE files and not the data files (of which that .LNG file is one). So, the result is that the new DRM signature in the EXE files, cannot read the encrypted signature in the data files, since those were created (in the Feb .13 patch) with a different DRM version. Thats why the .13 version works and .14 doesn't.

Now waiting to hear from them.

OK, I got newly protected files from IGN and built a new patch which I've just now tested. It works on my end.

So, rollback to .13, run the Updater and patch to .14. Let me know if it works on your end now.

(This Morning)From version 1.00.13 I installed 1.00.14 with UCAWA updater and have Feb.2006 DX9. I'm getting the error: "D3DX9_30.Dll not found" and UCAWA will not start.What would you recommend to fix this.

Checked the forums w/ no luck.

quote:

Originally posted by travlyte:

(This Morning)From version 1.00.13 I installed 1.00.14 with UCAWA updater and have Feb.2006 DX9. I'm getting the error: "D3DX9_30.Dll not found" and UCAWA will not start.What would you recommend to fix this.

Checked the forums w/ no luck.

I recommend that you don't post again in this thread. Seriously.

I got problems with this patch too, I tried to play instant action scenarios and get the game crashing. It gave me a report of the crash with bunch of files as being the cause. From what I read in this topic, I'm guessing the working patch is not here yet?