Money?

I might not be observant or something, but I didn't see an ADD_MONEY, SUBTRACT_MONEY, SET_MONEY, etc., command or anything like it inside GBS. I don't have 2.09 or anything (I found a download of old skool 1.01D7C, though), but I decided I should at least get familiar with GBS. So that when GBS-II hits the shelves I'll be scripting away as if I had given birth to it. (Considering I'm male, that's quite a feat.)

Correct me if I'm wrong (please!). But if they aren't in there, might this be an eensy weensy feature request? Without it, mercenary scripts and the like would be just a bit pointless.

ok your right, can't say I've seen the command in GBS-II either but then I haven't looked for it.

One way of giving rewards is to create a cargo_pod with some high value items in it for the player to collect and sell

If you use illegal items then he would have to dock at a station where they could be traded.

Create them in the game as soon as the "win" condition is true or place them inside the resolve section to make it a little easier.

I made the mistake of creating the object as soon as I had destroyed the "enemy contact" the problem, I was still in the middle of a furball and the pod was destroyed before I could collect it.

Often worth making the pod neutral but watch out for those transports on patrol who will nick it.

If you want to punish the play, create an attacker and use the damage system command to force the player into costly repairs.

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

As Pugwash stated. However I have found this little snippet to be quite useful

code:

[dynamic]

terran,trader,,cpodtest,cargo2.3dc,Mother_Lode

[ai]

.cpodtest,100,100,100,100,100,100,0

START inactive IN earthz

STOP

EVENTS 105

!setup_tm5

activate this

halt on this

add_store this,25,136

SAY TO,"Located a cargo pod full of goodies Commander!"

ENDEVENTS

This item has the best cargo space to profit ratio too

TTFN

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

I still think it'd be easier to have an add_money, dec_money, and set_money command.

(SC: Hint hint. )

Not a bad method, though... I'll refer to that if the SC doesn't implement that kind of money transaction in the game.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, I'll add it in my next GBS-II update. Funny how nobody asked for this before...I guess they must all be busy using Gallion's money hack or the other money making tips.

Grrrrr...... Derek, I asked for this more than a year ago. I mean, how long have I been complaining about the damn money necessities?