Crazy idea for GBSII

Falstaff

An open letter to the powers that be....

It would seem that the current consensus among the testers and developers is that GBSII is too much of a headache to put into the hands of the general public since it would generate way too many queries for tech support, reguardless of how many times it was stated that it was an unsupported tool. I, and my fellow non-tester, non-developer comrades can appreciate this.

However, this is my modest proposition.

Why not make the GBSII available as a purchase CD? Not online for everyone to grab, but as a requested item only.

This would alleviate several problems.

1. Those in the general public would have access to it, but those that were just hobbying around with it would not be likely to purchase a cd. Therefore, only hardcore battlecriuser fans would be likely to have their hands on GBSII.

2. You would have the names and addresses of those who purchased GBSII so you could carpet bomb their neighborhood should they ask stupid questions on your message board

3. It would silence people like me, because we'd buy it in a heartbeat and then get out of your hair.

Oh... and if you're worried that it might get put out on the web for free anyway... That's called piracy. Not only would you ban the person asking stupid questions about it you could also track him down and sue him vigourously for trafficking in pirated software.

Just a suggestion from your humble servant,

Sir John Falstaff.