Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fiver

Where can I find GBS?

Recommended Posts

I am interested in the GBS system that I have read about here and there in these forums. I don't see it on the website for download, nor did I find it on my BCM:G CD.

Is it available to the public or by special request?

Thanks,

Fiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the info guys.

Is the GBS1.zip that I just downloaded at all compatible with BCM:G?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GBS 1 is similar to GBS 2 but there are some diferances in a few of the codes etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Fiver:

Thank you for the info guys.

Is the GBS1.zip that I just downloaded at all compatible with BCM:G?

No, and GBS-II has not been released for BCM or BCMG.

Topic moved to GBS forum.

TTFN

[ 08-06-2003, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Gallion:

quote:

Originally posted by Fiver:

Thank you for the info guys.

Is the GBS1.zip that I just downloaded at all compatible with BCM:G?


No, and GBS-II has not been released for BCM or BCMG.


... but you can get familiar with GBS II by reading the GBS I manuals and scripts that came with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

quote:

Originally posted by Fiver:

Thank you for the info guys.

Is the GBS1.zip that I just downloaded at all compatible with BCM:G?

No, and GBS-II has not been released for BCM or BCMG.


... but you can get familiar with GBS II by reading the GBS I manuals and scripts that came with it.
Yea, but I don't plan on scripting for the older versions and without any specific info on when/how I can get my hands on the new version I'll just let it go for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be releasing GBS-II to the public. I already made this clear.

The current plan is to have GBS-III on the BCG CDROM and with documentation in printable PDF format, examples, the script sources for all the BCM Gold scenarios (which will NOT be available BCG because all its scenarios will be new) etc etc.

Yeah, I'm making you buy BCG in order to get it. So kill me.

And no, GBS-III is not backward compatible with BCM or BCM Gold in any shape or form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I won't be releasing GBS-II to the public. I already made this clear.

The current plan is to have GBS-III on the BCG CDROM and with documentation in printable PDF format, examples, the script sources for all the BCM Gold scenarios (which will NOT be available BCG because all its scenarios will be new) etc etc.

Yeah, I'm making you buy BCG in order to get it. So kill me.

And no, GBS-III is not backward compatible with BCM or BCM Gold in any shape or form.

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling the information was already there somewhere, which is why this thread was started in the noob forum.

Buying BCG is hardly a hardship . Matter of fact I am hoping to get it my next trip back home to the states, well two copies and perhaps a couple more to bring back and resell because a few guys I work with keep asking me about the manual and printouts from the appendix that I am looking over at work.

Now if you wanted me to PAY for GBS-III in addition to BCG, I would invite you to step into another forum .

Seriously though I am a little disappointed, and hope you take that as a compliment on your product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×