Joystick throttle wackyness

Ok, something wierd here happing with my X-52's throttle. I hit 9 to set full governer, shove the throttle forward to the stops, and find that my throttle on the HUD is set 0 (flashing). As I start to pull the throttle on controller back, the throttle jumps up to full, then drops off as I slide it back.

So I did some experimenting. It would seem, that at the 90-95% point on my throttle, the game seems to think it is zero'd and drops the throttle setting down. Just to rule out the possibility of my throttle slider going bad at the extremes, I went and added dead-zones to the top and bottem 3rd of my throttle's range, so the center third is 0 - 100%. And, even like this, when I get to the new 100% point, the throttle zero's.

I've made sure to do a ctrl-alt-J to make sure the in-game calibration is set, and that does not seem to help. I would try updating the stick drivers, only Saitek doesn't have any new ones.

Is anyone else with a throttle controller having similar problems, is it a bug, or am I just unlucky?

EDIT: Before anyone asks, I did the tests both with an FC, and a CC, and in the CC I tried with engine power at 5 and 10.

I don't play UCAWA with joystick. In fact, I've stopped using joystick on BC series sometime after i bought UC. I do remember this happening back in UC too.

Isn't there any way to reverse your throttle axis? Since X-52 axes and buttons are programmable (please correct me if I'm wrong) you should be able to make a profile with this single change. Since I don't know much about X-52 (it's a HOTAS Cougar that I have), I can't help you any further...

Any other ideas?

Well, the axis is not reversable, however if I wanted to I could change the throttle do a band and assign 0-9 to it. I have the little slider control on the throttle set that way right now, so I can change the governer settings without touching the keyboard.