"floating point not loaded' error (AMD chipsets)

Guest tammgiar

OK, I know what the problem was now then.

Damn VC2005 compiler. It minimizes a program's size by loading floating-point support only when necessary. It tries to guess. Of course it cannot detect fp use in format strings, so it does not load the necessary floating-point routines. Hence the error. Funny thing is, I have NO idea why it doesn't cause a problem on any of my machines, Nick's, Peter's, Martin's etc.

Anyway, I had to use an unorthodox (and seemingly widely used) method to force it to load the fp

support.

OK, scratch this one then.

You're welcome. Some people (like that fool I banned at 4am today) don't realize that software development is a lot of work and sometimes stuff just happens that requires a lot more research.

Then when you tell someone that ...hey, I can't reproduce it. And if I can't reproduce it, it is unlikely that I can fix it they want to hurl insults at you because they think their measly $29.99 entitles them to anything other than the original product they bought and received.

Anyway, thanks to the lot of you level headed ones who understand the way we do things around here and who realize and appreciate the amount of work I put into my games. I mean, seriously, how many game devs are up at 4am researching some obscure problem? Its not like I'm bored and lonely. I have a family and two dogs to spend my valuable time with.

• 1 month later...