Race/Caste logos updated

I have cleaned up and updated the Assets Info as well as uploaded a page containing the final race/caste logos

Both of those are also linked directly from the Fleets Database page.

These logos, btw, are ready for use by all factions of the BC universe.

[ 05-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Question:

If Galactic Command is a multi-polar force, an alliance between Terran-Empirian-Vesperon, why does the GalCOM logo appear almost identical to the Terran logo? It even appears to have Earth on it.

I like the Credian logo. It looks very cool. So do the others. And I think the Insurgent logo suits their cause. Did Rattler and his boys contribute that one?

-D

Hey, SC, just noticed the new logo on the home page, and thought it was so cool I went and posted about it!

Then, I actually paused to look to see if someone else already did in case I was being redundant. Which led to deleting my post and re-posting here just to say:

COOL! Nice work. And what's with the radical change to the Credian logo? Looks better anyway...

quote:

If Galactic Command is a multi-polar force, an alliance between Terran-Empirian-Vesperon, why does the GalCOM logo appear almost identical to the Terran logo? It even appears to have Earth on it.

Because it was formed by the Terrans. Further, the Terrans are the predominant entity in the alliance....especially due to the strained relations between the Vesperons and the Empirians.

The Eagle is identical. Representing the Terrans, it denotes that the Terrans are the predominant faction.

quote:

I like the Credian logo. It looks very cool.

Yeah, Mike did a great job. He created the Terran, Galcom, Insurgent, Credian, Earthcom logos from scratch, based on my design ideas. All the others he just cleaned up. The older Credian one (check the BC3K manual I think), wasn't very attractive, so I told him to come up with something on his own. That was it.

quote:

And I think the Insurgent logo suits their cause.

Thats why I designed it like that and asked Mike to actually create it as I envisioned it. So far, not a peep from the Insurgents.

quote:

Did Rattler and his boys contribute that one?

No

btw, I combined the Terran and GALCOM logos to create the animated GIF you see in my sig. Since I'm a Terran and belong to GALCOM, I had that brainstorm, so I did it like that, rather than having two images.

[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Whoa, those new logos are really nice. I like them (all)!

quote:

So far, not a peep from the Insurgents.

You left them speechless. Heh, no wonder. Their logo sure looks cool.

Best regards.

quote:

You left them speechless. Heh, no wonder. Their logo sure looks cool

heh, I don't see them using it yet. So far, Gummy is still using the insignia of his Wing (I think), which is fine, but they'd also need to use the Insurgent one and the Terran one as well.

quote:

heh, I don't see them using it yet. So far, Gummy is still using the insignia of his Wing (I think), which is fine, but they'd also need to use the Insurgent one and the Terran one as well.

Well this is another can of worms to iron out IMO. To Wit - what will the procedure be for these logos?

Race logo,

TTFN

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

I agree with Gallion. Perhaps the Insurgents should just use the one logo?

Edit: I have to be honest, here - I liked the old Galcom logo better - the text on the new one seems a little too "cartoony".

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

I agree with Gallion. Perhaps the Insurgents should just use the one logo?

I'm sure the Insurgents still take great pride in being Terran but being against any of the current Terran military organizations would understandibly want to distance themselves.

quote:

Edit: I have to be honest, here - I liked the old Galcom logo better - the text on the new one seems a little too "cartoony".

I like the new logo better - I think, I mean that old logo is a rather dear thing - but I agree on the lettering being out of place, both on the GALCOM and EARTHCOM logos.

quote:

I wouldn't think that the Insurgency would use this logo

They have no choice. ALL people using these logos MUST have the RACE+CASTE+WING (optional), all on the same line.

Terran/Mil personnel can use the single form GIF that I use on my sig, if they don't want to use the default 2 image format. The URL is

http://www.3000ad.com/images/gclogo.gif

So, all you Insurgents sporting just that insignia, add the Terran logo as the race. Now.

Just because the Insurgents don't get along with Earthcom/Galcom, doesn't make them any less Terran.

This is NOT open to debate, discussion or any such action. The FIRST rubbish I see, I'm kicking the person off the site. NO EXCEPTIONS.

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

[ 05-19-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Blackwell

Gentlemen,

I must agree with Armike, I like the originla Galcom Logo better. No offense to the designer, just my 2 cents. All the other Logos look almost menacing... the earthcom and galcom ones look cartoonish.

Respectfully,

quote:

ok, that didn't work... where would I submit my idea for an assassin's logo?

Read the logo page again.

Also, know that individuals CANNOT have their own logos. Only fleets, wings, corps etc. So, if you're a single entity assassin, you won't be allowed to have one. Go find yourself some other assassin friends and submit the logo.

Yeah, we could start up that Indie Guild/Corporation now, that I was thinking of. The ideas are still in the indie forum. Let's make it work! I can't wait for multiplayer............

I might not be around for long. My parents are changing our ISP, and I'm not sure about my email address right now. Don't worry, though; I'm sure I'll pull through.

Went back and looked at the logos again, the Earthcom one looks like the type thing you would see ata fire station today. Maybe we should donate some headgear to them.

IIRC there was discussion about the possiblility of wings having their own identifying logos (quite a while ago). But as it seems on the pages linked by the SC only fleets will get to have their own logos (instead of their wings). I mean, I didn't see any fleet/wing tree. What's the deal? Change of hart on this?

Perhaps 4 pics (race/org/fleet/wing) in your sig would be getting a bit too much, but then again, an animated gif is a nice way of solving that.

To specify my question above, the section "FLEET WINGS" on the logo page, would such a logo in that category have to identify your:

_fleetX_ (no visual wing identification)

or _wingX_of_fleetY_ (x times Y logos = alot of pics looking a bit similar)

or _wingX_alone_ (assuming everyone knows which fleet it belongs to)

As for my 2c about the quality of the logos, I liked Galcom's old logo more, but the new logo's fit better (all together)into BCM I think. And I guess any organisation has to change it's face after 10 years.

[ 05-20-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

All the logos look good, wish I had skillz like that.

Personal Opinions:

Galcom logo:

It’s does look a bit cartoonish.

quote:

Because it was formed by the Terrans. Further, the Terrans are the predominant entity in the alliance....especially due to the strained relations between the Vesperons and the Empirians.

Eventhough, the Terrans are the predominant entity in the alliance, wouldn’t at the time, of the formation, of the alliance, a symbol or logo would have been adopted by GalCOM that would represent all the members of the alliance or at the very least wasn’t sooooo bias towards the Terrans.

If I was a Vesperon diplomat and that logo came across my desk for approval, I would say no way, unless they wanted GalCOM be another Terran only military force. A symbol that better promoted the alliance would be more suited, than one that at it’s very core is separatist and promotes individual member(s) and not the alliance as a whole.

And if the new symbol is just that the new symbol the Terrans have developed I being a Vesperson Diplomat would immediately see this as a slap in the face and a signal by the Terrans that we are no longer wanted in Galcom and would withdraw. And I’m thinking the Empirians would have pretty much the same reactions.

Of course all the aforementioned is just speculation and role-play on my part but in just today’s terms what would happen if the U.S. changed the U.N. logo to reflect the bigger part we play in funding and supporting in that alliance, or even Nato? It would be hell to pay from the other member nations.

Earthcom logo:

quote:

Went back and looked at the logos again, the Earthcom one looks like the type thing you would see ata fire station today.

Agree.

Also, the galaxy at the very center of the logo, seems it should be at the core of the Galcom logo (since Galcom is suppose to represent an alliance of planets) and the Earth should be the center of the EarthCOM logo (since it is a terran/earth only military force).

Well just my two cents, I don’t think I’ve said anything that would be consider bannable offenses......at least I hope not.

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]