Who Wants Me (in their fleet)

Prime is always looking for more members

Prime fleet is the workhorse of Galcom. We do everything that the other fleets specialize in, plus everything they don't. If you're new to the game, and you want a well rounded position, then Prime is your best bet.

*Steps in to do his job

*Reads his Fleet Commander's post

I agree 100% with your remark Blades, and only want to add one thing:

MidnightGreen, not sure if you meant gayguys as in gay meaning "happy", or "homosexual" or "stupid".

Judging from the wording of your post I can rule out "happy" as why would you not want happy fleet members to encourage you in your decision. As far as "homosexual" I'm not sure if that's what you meant but I am kind of leaning toward the middle school mentality definition of "stupid"

Well understandably in games like Counterstrike or Unreal Tournament, sentiments like calling someone gay are casually dismissed. In a forum such as this, netiquette is demanded in members and although I am not "homosexual" my feelings on the matter I do not bring here. I do not know the leanings of other members of this forum, nor do I care. All I care about is that we all share one thing in common ; Battlecruiser.

While I am sure you meant no personal offense by your remark, I do suggest that in the future you use a little more tact in dealing on private forums. Or you just might find yourself banned.

I am guilty sometimes of using the gay word freely when describing something I think is dumb, but that is just in my personal life. I can see where you stepped off on the wrong foot anyway because noticing your middle school use of the word you seem rather immature and obnoxious. However that is all I thought of the remark. After thinking about it I see how you may offend certain people's sensitivities with your remark. Perhaps rephrasing your query and offering a short apology to anyone you may have offended will perhaps reinstate you on the "right foot" and hence refrain from such liberal use of the word.

Although we kid around a lot on this forum, we cannot be misconstrued as containing a lack of restraint and conformity to the rules here and elsewhere. Rather these boards are for serious discussion, and especially in the fleets, for mature and serious gamers.

From this point of view I can see why you would not be accepted among the more "serious" fleets. Hence Orion.

Other fleets; take him if you want him.

BTW MG, it's nothing personal, just helpful advice for future reference. Heed it or not, just doing my duty.

Well said, Dan.

MidnightGreen, choose your words wisely. One slip of the tounge, and then who knows what'll happen. I learned that the hard way, back many months ago...

That cocky, I'm too good for you attitude is what Orion does not want, or need. Besides, if you think like that, you'll never pass Academy, and become a commander. Better luck elsewhere. Of course, no one's probably going to take you in, now.....

Well, I for one, will give him a chance to defend himself. I took the time to go through the rest of his posts, and I don't see anything that would indicate that this is a pattern. A couple of wise-cracks that aren't in the best taste, but then, I'm a Harry Potter fan. He could have been referring to the name of the topic, which, on most other discussion boards, would have unleashed a torrent of immature posts.

Well, MidnightGreen? I'm listening.

Then again not being endorsed by Orion is a difficult thing for a newbie to do, as we are always eager to have serious people join our ranks who can train.

I also have read many of your earlier posts and found nothing that could predetermine this sort of action from you.

I can't speak for Blades or Orion fleet in this instance, I only say that you can recover from your remark if you only point out that (it was taken in the wrong context, what you meant by it, why Orion is the best fleet you could possibly join and losing their endorsement is the worst possible event of your life etc. )

Seriously though, I'm sticking by my last post. Don't get mad or anything, just understand what our POV is and realize your mistake. Go to any Internet Etiquette website and simply check the Rules of Netiquette to see where your post went wrong, incited flaming, etc. Most religious, sexual, topics seem to get the most flames, then again so do posts about Derek on Voodoo Extreme...

Just understand that as a casual remark among your friends, no - problem, however a post on a bulletin board for ALL to see. Very bad.

--------------------

After Edit: I get the joke if he's referring to the name of the Thread, just not a very humorous joke. And if that is a joke, it is a blatant Gay-bashing homophobe joke. Just pointing that out. That makes the netiquette rules an even MORE necessary read for you.

Just because it's such a manly game doesn't mean that perhaps there isn't someone on this board or in one of the fleets that took your joke personally. Like I said before, it doesn't matter if there is or not, that's not the kind of joke you put on the internet for all to see... maybe in one of those idiotic chain mails...

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: $iLk ]

Nice points. Let's hear it, MG.....

I'm just wondering if you've got the experience we need, with an attitude that can get it to work. The door to Orion is (thinking what to say)...... Slightly open. But, it's blocked by a big guy, wondering if he should let you in or not.....

Let's just see if you choose it, and get accepted. If you do, then we'll put you through the Academy (which everyone does), and try to fix up those rough edges...

(And some comic relief would be cool too.... Just hold off on little jokes like that.... Of course, the Bladesmiester himself is still one of the better comedians here! Some think I'm funny, but I'm just plain crazy, if ya ask me!)

And you're going to have to make a choice, because I just remembered something.

Your Janitorial Fleet (actually should be a: guild, organization, group, corporation, etc.......) is calling. If you're still interested in running it, then you're definitely not being in a fleet. You're going to have to take the unknown road, towards who knows what.....

So far, no one's successfully made a guild. InterCorp Unlimited is getting close, though.

So! Ready for some Fleeting? Or are you going to take your chances with those crazy Indies?

(And to tell you the truth, I did get lots of laughs from reading about the "Janitorial Fleet". Gotta love that sense of humor.....)

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

So far, no one's successfully made a guild. InterCorp Unlimited is getting close, though.

You know something I don't?

Seriously, getting one of these corporations together will cost you a lot of time and effort, discussions (using the forum) with more experienced people and above all, a lot of research (how to fit into everything that already exist)

Back (sort of) on topic: Somehow I do not see SC or tacops approve of a janitorial corporation. So if he want to be a part of anything then he can join a fleet or become an indie. I would even let him be a member of Intercorp (Provided that he clarifies his statement, I totally agree with $ilk point - and yours for that matter).

quote:

So! Ready for some Fleeting? Or are you going to take your chances with those crazy Indies?

Being an indie is not _that_ bad, you should know!

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

Ok ok ok! Is everyone done...(pauses listening for any more responses) Ahem (shuffles note cards into place)

Some of you know me (sorta) and some of you do not. If you have read my posts before you will see that I never intend any ill-will on anyone. The whole Janitorial Fleet (yes I know not a fleet) was just a way to introduce myself into the Forum and as far as I can tell worked (quite well might I add). Now I can tell you that I don't personally mean to attack anyone no matter what your sexual preference is but it was just a comment made from my title that I posted, no matter how childish it was that was what it was in reference too. Surely (i know don't call me shirley) you don't believe I was being serious about how Urinal patties won't fit in the launch tubes do you? So take me at face value I will continue to make light of things albeit no more gay remarks cause I do tend to step over the lines (sorry bout the Harry Potter thing I thought it was funny) but (i take back the apology on the harry potter it Was funny) honestly were all adults here it was just a joke gone bad.

Now about that "manly game" remark...

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

MG, as long as you watch your mouth you're welcome in Orion.

I do put my foot in my mouth sometimes, but it happens less and less often... I'm learning... or I think I am

Hmm, looks like my guidance is starting to sink in.

quote:

Oh boy, $ilk, I hope for you Echo or Akumo didn't hear that.

hehe

MG, I know that from what posts I have read of yours, you are a funny guy. And I can appreciate that this is a joke that was meant to be funny that just went wrong.

Let me only reiterate to say, that joining Orionfleet (if that becomes your intention) requires some serious roleplay - Not in the RP Forum per say, but in general. Especially in the fleet forums, if your joke had been in say General Discussions - no problem from me there, it's just that in the fleet discussions, the Commanders here have it all wrapped up to be serious.

From what I have seen, you are an alright guy, and nothing in your joke insulted me personally, and my posts were mainly to be construed as informative.

Jokes are good, but sometimes their content may be a little harsh to people, and granted - in my personal life I am one of the last people to worry about offending someone's sensibilities, but here in the forum, on the internet in general - I have had to learn to watch what I post/chat/send/say .

Flame wars are sometimes started unintentionally over someone's ignorance of the rules regarding internet discussion.

Sorry if I made you mad or anything, but I see you took it in the good humor that is your trademark. Just be a little more careful in the future,

Back to business - if you have any questions about ORION, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will help you to the best of my ability.

Or visit me in Active Worlds - I'm sure you can find the topic in the GD forum.

Either way I will be happy to assist you in choosing whichever fleet you prefer.

Yep, you're still welcome.

quote:

Surely (i know don't call me shirley) you don't believe I was being serious about how Urinal patties won't fit in the launch tubes do you?

Yes!!! And they're not supposed to fit in the missile launch tubes in the first place! Theyh fit in the mine launcher!!!!

(Kidding, of course...)

---

Sure, the Indies aren't bad, but you won't be getting in any large scale battles, if you go Indie either. If you be a man, and join an elite fleet, on the other hand, you'll have an entire fleet of folks who are with you, help in battle, and bring you to the peak of your skills.....

I mean, it's a manly game, and you've got to use your wits to get ahead... (I mean manly, as a word of strength, not gender..... )

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Hey as badgerius said

Prime Fleet Welcomes you

we here at Prime fleet are looking

for the "Manly" commanders to take out our shiny NEW state of the art ships

Special order no other like it......

LOL

ok

ask questions about all the fleets and then decide which one best fits you

quote:

(I mean manly, as a word of strength, not gender..... )

hehe me too.

Orion would be glad to have you I am sure, I know I would like to have you aboard. If not Orion, Prime is definitely willing...

[rp on]

As for the crazy old indy, don't mind him, he's just part of the scenery around here...

[rp off]

j/k Riga, I was once on the road to becoming an indie too, till I got corrupted by the fleet types... and I'm even in a position of some importance...

So please don't send your terminator Rigabot after me...

So yes MG, even if you want to be an indie we will support (and harrass) you. Though we would much rather add your strength to the might of Galcom.

[rp on] Don't mind the insurgency though, that's just a passing fad [rp off]

And of course the Insurgent response to this post...

" BUNNIES UNITE!!!!!!!! "

| | | | |

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

j/k Riga, I was once on the road to becoming an indie too, till I got corrupted by the fleet types... and I'm even in a position of some importance...

Well, I like the indie life just fine, and about the position of importance: Director of an entire division (even if it is self-appointed, not official and a one-man operation) doesn't sound bad to me...

quote:

So please don't send your terminator Rigabot after me...

Rigabot is currently on a training course to become a fulltime deskjockey in my tradingpost in AW.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]