[UCCE] Random ship spawn & artifact availability

Malakie-USN

Hi all,

A couple questions I have not been able to find answers for..

1) How does the random ship generation work? It seems that when you enter a sector, for a bit you get quite a bit of random ship spawning. (Both Roam and Campaign) but if you stay in the sector for any length of time, it slowly drops off until nothing spawns at all... Also, does the game engine only spawn in the sector you are in or will it spawn in all sectors, even those you cannot view?

&

2) Is it possible to get artifacts while in ROAM? I started a ROAM campaign with the thought I would travel the universe, wipe out all enemy bases including on planets and patrol for any insurgency. Obvioiusly this task is taking a long time. However I have yet to find or locate any of the artifacts at all.. I notice they are listed but greyed out in any stations I visit. Do they become available or are there certain roaming ships that if destroyed will drop them?

Thanks for any answers to these...

1. I'm not sure, though it seems the game engine spawns ships to keep a certain number of ships in the sector at all times. If so, it would mean that ships would eventually escape to a planet, dock for repairs, etc.. untill the number of ships reach this certain number and stop spawning.

2. Read the appendix there is a whole page dedicated to artifacts, how to get them, and what they are used for.

Thats how it works. And in the even the that hostiles and friendlies meet, then there's fireworks.

I'll just add that stations also spawn ships with planned routes.

The GLOB_AG.SCR file in the GBS shows how the parameters work regarding AutoGeneration.

1. I'm not sure, though it seems the game engine spawns ships to keep a certain number of ships in the sector at all times. If so, it would mean that ships would eventually escape to a planet, dock for repairs, etc.. untill the number of ships reach this certain number and stop spawning.

2. Read the appendix there is a whole page dedicated to artifacts, how to get them, and what they are used for.

That is what I was not figuring out.. The ships that dock in the sector are still counted toward the total number and that is why it seems nothing spawns after a while, if I understand correctly. So to have constant action, one would need to script it specifically.

Yea I found the appendix just the other day. I read every manual and could not find any information on the artifacts spawning. Then I happened to glance at the appendix for something else and noticed an artifacts section with the bit of info I needed... In ROAM, artifacts will come available after 3 days game time.

Thanks to you and SC for the answers..