3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lljksilk

Bush dancing with brutal Saudi Dictator

Just because the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, does not hold the Saudi govt. liable for their actions. Come on now, seriously.

As for the national ID passing congress, the States will probably not adopt it. Please create a new topic.

Just because the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, does not hold the Saudi govt. liable for their actions. Come on now, seriously.
I agree. I do believe it raises questions of priorities when the primary motivation for terror attacks is our presence in the Muslim holy land, yet every president for the past 50+ years regularly engages in handholding and makeout sessions with the Saudi royal family.

I also take issue with the fact that Saudi Arabia uses its influence to purchase entire sections of the U.S. economy due to Bush's spending policies and the drastic reduction in the value of our currency.

The amount of Saudi influence in Washington is so pervasive that even had the attacks been government sponsored it would have been more likely we would invade Iraq over Saudi Arabia. While the Pentagon was still burning, Bush was dining with the Saudi ambassador. Clinton would have been doing the same thing.

I have a laundry list of issues with our relationship with the Saudis. First and foremost should be that they have more representation in Washington than the citizens.