Game will NOT start

Just purchase my copy from EB Games ($30). Install went fine, patched it (put patch file in game folder, ran from there). When I click on the game icon on my desktop, OR in the game folder itself, the game does NOT start, NOTHING happens!! just my desktop picture stays.

Need help as to why it won't start. I'm thinking it could be a driver issue somewhere. My system specs far exceed the requirement, heck I play Crisis & COD 4 on highest settings!

I did fill out a support ticket 2 weeks ago, but no one responded as of yet, so I'm trying these forums now!

I tried to register my game, it asked me for my serial #, well where is that? The only # I found is my multiplayer code, & usually they don't ever ask for that #, but is that the one I need to put in.

Just purchase my copy from EB Games ($30). Install went fine, patched it (put patch file in game folder, ran from there). When I click on the game icon on my desktop, OR in the game folder itself, the game does NOT start, NOTHING happens!! just my desktop picture stays.

Need help as to why it won't start. I'm thinking it could be a driver issue somewhere. My system specs far exceed the requirement, heck I play Crisis & COD 4 on highest settings!

I did fill out a support ticket 2 weeks ago, but no one responded as of yet, so I'm trying these forums now!

I tried to register my game, it asked me for my serial #, well where is that? The only # I found is my multiplayer code, & usually they don't ever ask for that #, but is that the one I need to put in.

The multiplayer code is the serial number for the collector's edition.

You'll need to:

- Post PC specs

- Update drivers and post your driver version you're using

- Tell us which game you're actually playing as UC comes in a variety of forms.

Random help questions:

- Did you download the right patch?

- Did you install the right patch?

- Have you tried playing without the patch?

Please don't get angry, we should be able to fix your problem with your help.

Assuming you are talking about the CE DVD edition, I had the same problem with the latest patch (1.00.05). I think it has to do with copy protection and I thought I read that the SC is addressing this with a new patch. I am running fine with 1.00.04.01.

If this issue is in fact related to the DRM used by UCCE v1.00.05 DVD-ROM and/or Direct2Drive version, then you need to post here.

Roll back to the previous build and make sure the game runs before you even think of patching it. This way we can determine what the problem is.

ps: Spindoktor, I deleted your post because until this person confirms his problem, it had nothing to do with this thread. You know the rules.

Ok, I do have Universal Combat: Collector's Edition DVD version of the game. I un-installed it, then fresh installed (no patch yet). I clicked on the icon & the game started. Then I d-loaded the latest patch from 3000ad's site, put it in my game directory (1.00.05), and the game did NOT start now. So I d-loaded and installed patch version 1.00.04, and it DID start.

So I have concluded that there has to be something wrong w/ the latest patch version 1.00.05 and my DVD version of the game! I guess I will run the game at the 1.00.04 version for now......

thank you all for your ideas!