Ground Bound!

Ace

So, I flew to Earth during the tutorial...and got stuck there!!! It was raining (clouds look great!) and I couldn't for the life of me reach the required egress altitude. So, like any good pilot would, I flew down to the base and docked for repairs. But, after inspection, there was nothing wrong with the craft! So, I put back on my flight suit and tried again, but I still couldn't reach orbit! Any flight jockeys out there have any idea what might have happened?

Try reading the manual and the tutorial docs.

The inability to reach the egress altitude is not just related to damage, it is also related to your crafts flight dynamics. If you pitch up to high, you're going to be going too slow. Too slow to reach the egree altitude before the craft stalls out.

Oh I've read the manual, and the tutorial, and everything that came with the game, and these forums. Believe me, when I post on this forum, I make sure I've read everything at my disposal to resolve the issue or question before I post. I've read what happens to those who ask ridiculous questions which are answered in the games documentation.

In this instance, I initially had the pitch at about 20 degrees, which worked great until I reached about 11,000 ft. At this point, I lost lift. As the documentation says, I should expect lower performance at higher altitudes. Hence, I tried lowering the pitch. Lowering the pitch increased my velocity a bit, but I was still unable to reach the egress altitude. I also tried diving, and making small course corrections to try to reach an altitude that would enable me to exit the planet. Being fairly thorough, I tried another possible problem, which was possible damage to the craft. But, fighter was immaculate. Hence, alas, I'm ground bound... :)

The Starlance fighter can easily climb to the 14K feet egress altitude. You're doing it wrong. Keep practicing.

You also need to maintain max thrust by pressing and holding the W key while at a low pitch. Assuming of course you remembered to actually configure the craft for max thrust by first pressing 9