Night at the Movies-The Forbidden Kingdom

Raziel

4 out of 5

This was a pretty good movie, and it's hard to go wrong with Jet Li and Jackie Chan in the same flick :) It appears that everyone had alot of fun in making the movie and it shows on the screen. They've managed to compress just about every wuxia/western cliche into movie, that not only acknowledges this, but manages to have fun with it. Of course the story is just a crutch for the rather impressive fights and of course Jet li vs Jackie Chan. Said fight was awesome-

*spoiler*

but unfortunaly neither wins. I suppose to that's to be expected

*spoiler*

All in all , a good flick, not a must see theater one, but definatly a buy for your own collection.

p.s. The trailers for the movie are slightly misleading, so don't be too surprised by what happens after the credits roll.

4/5

yeah, I saw it too. It was quite well done I thought. Li vs Chan fight scene was particularly well done.

Right now, I'm waiting for Donny Yen's new (at least to the West) one, Flash Point (the prequel to Kill Zone). It is currently on limited theatrical release but nowhere near me. The DVD comes out on 04/22

What didn't appear in the movie that was in the trailers?

What didn't appear in the movie that was in the trailers?

All the trailers I saw, neglected the whole angle with the boy. All of them focused on Chan and li (which of course is the whole draw ) *shrug* I was a little annoyed at first when I realized it was going that route, but it was pulled of pretty well.