What is sony's problem? :(

Raziel

Sony annouces no more BC compatibility

Secondly, Dille said the new 80GB will have the "exact same functionality as the 40GB model," and will essentially be the same console with a larger hard drive. That means that once the current 80GB PS3s sell out, no new Sony consoles will have backwards compatibility with PS2 and PSone games. "The strong sales of the $399 model show that isn't a critical issue, since more and more PS2 owners are upgrading to PS3," he told GameSpot. "We find that people who care deeply about backwards compatibility usually already have a PS2."

w...t....f... Considering they only have 2 excellent exclusive titles, removing access to their other libraries seems powerful stupid on Sony's part :( Sigh...

uhm, not really. They are right. Most people who care about BC already have a PS2. Plus, you can pick one up for peanuts. Its also more expensive for them to keep that PS2 chip in the PS3. This is all about cost cutting and practicality. Makes sense to me.

I have the original PS3, so I have full BC. But I do have a PS One and a PS2 as well.