Ucce 2.0 - Engstrom Carrier Cannot Launch Probes

At first I must say that after installing UCCE I patched it to 2.0 using upgrade patch.

Then I saw a couple of problems :

1. There is no engstrom carrier in appendix, looking at creation dates of files in this folder I saw that it isn't updated at all - all docs are from release 1.x.x.

2. When I started a new commander career (roam) with Engstrom carrier I noticed that I cant launch probes at all. I must say that Launch Control was On-line, and all officers were on-station, and probes were loaded in proper slots at CC (they were marked with green at tacops, and there was "launch" option when I clicked right mouse button at them at tacops). I tried to launch probes (1 to 6) at two locations - Earth and Mars with no success.

I noticed also that this problem does not exist when I play commander career with Battlecriuser MK3 carrier.

I don't know if there are planned new patches for UCCE 2.0 or this is last, final patch, but I have hope that it isn't last patch, because I really would like play Engstrom carrier with full funcionality as other carriers in this version. :)

2. When I started a new commander career (roam) with Engstrom carrier I noticed that I cant launch probes at all. I must say that Launch Control was On-line, and all officers were on-station, and probes were loaded in proper slots at CC (they were marked with green at tacops, and there was "launch" option when I clicked right mouse button at them at tacops). I tried to launch probes (1 to 6) at two locations - Earth and Mars with no success.

Confirmed, you can't launch probes using the Engstrom.

• 1 month later...

The model didn't have the tags. Since that model originated from GCES-SE which does not have player controlled cap ships, that tag was not needed. Download this KB090808 update, extract into the game install folder, overwriting the pre-existing version when prompted. Let me know if that works. If it does I'll add to the online KB.

The model didn't have the tags. Since that model originated from GCES-SE which does not have player controlled cap ships, that tag was not needed. Download this KB090808 update, extract into the game install folder, overwriting the pre-existing version when prompted. Let me know if that works. If it does I'll add to the online KB.

Just tested it, works like a charm. Thanks Derek!