#101 Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Gaming

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

Really glad to see this game is still in the works. :)

#102 dsmart3000AD

dsmart3000AD

Supreme Cmdr

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping commanders in line!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:39 AM

Yep. It is such a huge undertaking, it's not even funny. Of course I got distracted with Alganon (over at www.qol.com) and also decided to move forward with Line Of Defense in the interim. But yeah, GCO is my next game after LOD. I promise. :)

President, 3000AD Inc.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series

"Dealing with publishers is like stepping through a minefield. In the dark.
Blindfolded. With people shooting at you. And your ex mother-in-law giving you directions"

#103 Mayjori

Mayjori

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi MMOFPS, RTS, Anything Sci-fi, Ultimate Space Sims, etc

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yep. It is such a huge undertaking, it's not even funny. Of course I got distracted with Alganon (over at www.qol.com) and also decided to move forward with Line Of Defense in the interim. But yeah, GCO is my next game after LOD. I promise. :)

if you combined LOD and GCO into one game..... I dont think i'd ever play another MMO ;).
Intel i7 920 running at 4ghz (on air cooling, Inteliburn and Prime 95 stable baby! ;)
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB DDR3 1600
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58
Western Digital 300gb & 150gb VelociRaptor
XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5
Antec 1200 case

#104 canshow

canshow

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

if you combined LOD and GCO into one game..... I dont think i'd ever play another MMO ;).

That could work, but considering in GCO you can command carriers and cruisers, i don't think it would be very fair if someone just went over the base, activated the PTA systems, and started firing their main guns, killing dozens of people.

Besides, there would be more server resources involved, and if you're going to be playing with 256 ppl per server, you want them all to be in one space, right? If they were in a combined MMO, there would be players scattered everywhere, it would become lonely, and SC would have to overhaul the player capacity system in place in order to populate the server. I mean, in GCO you're going to be able to roam the planets and stuff, but it's built for space and most if not all the players are going to be in space. LOD is mainly for planetary gameplay. It's best to keep them both separate unless 3000AD can have the finance and manpower to become a big game industry instead of a semi-indie developer and can effectively advertise to grab attention of enough people to pull it off.

Which leads me to a question for SC,

How do you plan on advertising GCO and LOD?

Captain canshow
ICV-Daedulaus
Spectre Fleet
Insurgent Central Command

There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die.

Angry

1.Windows 7 64-bit
2.Intel Core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 GHz
3.8GB Ram
4.Radeon HD 5570 1GB

#105 Martin Pelletier

Martin Pelletier

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Playing BC3000AD or playing other space games

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

OMG!

Just can't wait to get this one ;)
Cmdr. Mr. Mart.
GCV-Dark Angel

1. Windows 7 64bit
2. CPU : Intel Core i7 950, 3ghz
3. Ram : 12gb Ram 1800
4. HD : 2X WD Black Edition 750GB in Raid 0
5. Video : nVidia 580GTX
6. Monitor : LG 24", 1920x1200 native.

#106 dsmart3000AD

dsmart3000AD

Supreme Cmdr

• Administrators
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

If you guys aren't following my Tweets (e.g. I wrote a new dev blog yesterday), then you only have yourselves to blame for missing out on a bunch of upcoming things. I am simply NOT going to be posting here, there and everywhere.

President, 3000AD Inc.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series

Blindfolded. With people shooting at you. And your ex mother-in-law giving you directions"

#107 Badman

Badman

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

If you guys aren't following my Tweets (e.g. I wrote a new dev blog yesterday), then you only have yourselves to blame for missing out on a bunch of upcoming things. I am simply NOT going to be posting here, there and everywhere.

I read on RPS that you are including a small space region in LOD for "completness", and also to satisfy us old-schoolers :-) .... I love you SC.

Lance Corporal Craigudus Badmanidus (Badman)
ECV Ashdod (Euporie-class Starcruiser)
Vanguard Fleet

Flying since BC1, Win8.1.64, I7-4820K @ 4.5ghz, 32 GB DDR3 Quad Chan, 2 x GTX 670 in Surround @ 144hz, 7.1, SSD Raid 0, > 10TB of HDD's

#108 dsmart3000AD

dsmart3000AD

Supreme Cmdr

• Administrators
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:30 AM

http://3000ad.com/lo...e-world-divided

President, 3000AD Inc.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series

#109 Badman

Badman

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:39 AM

Actually .... not entirely that small!!!, In fact, for a game that I initially considered to be planet bound, that is massive ....

Might as well use the evolutionary assets as they come to hand eh SC!!

I remain, your loyal groveller.

Lance Corporal Craigudus Badmanidus (Badman)
ECV Ashdod (Euporie-class Starcruiser)
Vanguard Fleet

Flying since BC1, Win8.1.64, I7-4820K @ 4.5ghz, 32 GB DDR3 Quad Chan, 2 x GTX 670 in Surround @ 144hz, 7.1, SSD Raid 0, > 10TB of HDD's

#110 CSVickers

CSVickers

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

I'm not entirely certain where to post this but...

I'm actually grateful to your company for taking the Galactic Command title before I had a chance to copyright it myself; as I began using it in 1997. It gave me the opportunity to come up with a much better name for the military I've been writing about since I was 15...and strangely enough most of the original crap I wrote was set in a distant future; whereas my stuff now is probably about 500 years from now. In short, I concede the loss of the idea and here by tip my hat to you guys. I'm certain you've done a better job with it in the games than I can write about.

:thumbs:

#111 dsmart3000AD

dsmart3000AD

Supreme Cmdr

• Administrators
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

I'm not entirely certain where to post this but...

I'm actually grateful to your company for taking the Galactic Command title before I had a chance to copyright it myself; as I began using it in 1997. It gave me the opportunity to come up with a much better name for the military I've been writing about since I was 15...and strangely enough most of the original crap I wrote was set in a distant future; whereas my stuff now is probably about 500 years from now. In short, I concede the loss of the idea and here by tip my hat to you guys. I'm certain you've done a better job with it in the games than I can write about.

:thumbs:

Hi and welcome to our corner of the world!

I've been using GALCOM (Galactic Command) since back in the mid-eighties when I first starting developing games. In fact, the organization is the focus of my first game, Battlecruiser 3000AD, which hit retail in Oct 1996. The reason I decided to use it as a title of its own game is because the MMO game based on it takes place within that same game world.

President, 3000AD Inc.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series

#112 Johnny Relvas

Johnny Relvas

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Who called in the fleet?

This battlecruiser shoots, it destroys, but wait! It does more!

What happened to you, commander? They got you pushing too many pencils

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Saw this game you doing as well Mr.Derek i already fallen in love for LoD but this one is very very awesome! looking forward for both of them now!
PC Gamer @@

Private Beta Tester and Gaming Industry Journalist for 3+ Years and MMO player for 10 years! plus a modder in free times (or available 24/7/365 if the project is serious!)

RiG @@

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quadcore 2.80 Ghz
Graphics Card: GTX 460 SC Edition 1gb
RAM:4.00 GB Ram
Software: Windows 7 64 Bits Ultimate Edition

#113 CTPATEG

CTPATEG

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

Well, that is such a game!!!! I, starting with the battlecruiser dreamed to play in the online version, it 's sad that i do not know english (live in russia) and i am writing this message with the help of an interpreter. But when the beta version and would be happy to try. But will there be in the game to go inside the ship? In russia there is a game called "Parkan 2" that 's where it is realized. As well there is a game more than the new "Precursors". If there is желанее look gameplay them. Can something interesting to see.

#114 canshow

canshow

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Well, that is such a game!!!! I, starting with the battlecruiser dreamed to play in the online version, it 's sad that i do not know english (live in russia) and i am writing this message with the help of an interpreter. But when the beta version and would be happy to try. But will there be in the game to go inside the ship? In russia there is a game called "Parkan 2" that 's where it is realized. As well there is a game more than the new "Precursors". If there is желанее look gameplay them. Can something interesting to see.

Я русский тоже. Я играл Parkan 2, и ОПО (GCO) будет иметь места, чтобы идти внутри космических кораблей. Вероятно, это не будет выглядеть Parkan 2, но я держал пари, что будут какие-то сходства.

Translantion:

i am russian too. I have played Parkan 2, and GCO is going to have places to go inside of space ships. It is probably not going to look like Parkan 2, but i bet there will be some similarities.

Captain canshow
ICV-Daedulaus
Spectre Fleet
Insurgent Central Command

There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die.

Angry

1.Windows 7 64-bit
2.Intel Core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 GHz
3.8GB Ram
4.Radeon HD 5570 1GB

#115 selbie

selbie

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:56 AM

Greetings :) Just recently spotted this game and I already love the idea! Now that Jumpgate is clearly falling flat on its butt with the direction they are taking it and the legal muck, this game (aside from Infinity with an ETA of Q4 2050 :P) is about the only Space Combat SciFi FPS MMO with such a large breadth of gameplay. I can't wait to see this game progress to completion and wish you the best of luck with GCO and LoD :)

#116 Nemesis

Nemesis

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hey everyone, I would like to know how the development and progress of this mighty MMO space sim is going,
I really appreciate everything Derek Smart and everyone else on the team have been doing in the company
and on the games. Just thought I'd pop in and ask this question, mostly because it seems your site and other
forums have been pretty quiet as of late. Take your time, I understand if you guys are a bit preoccupied with
the various games you have in production. Thanks in advanced.

#117 dsmart3000AD

dsmart3000AD

Supreme Cmdr

• Administrators
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

We're currently focused on Line Of Defense, but GCO is not very far behind and is scheduled for a 2013-14 release, right behind LOD which is due out in the first half of 2012.

President, 3000AD Inc.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series

#118 nighthawk231

nighthawk231

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Supreme Cmdr, i don't usually do this but after seeing some of the media for Galactic Command Online i was wondering if you would possibly be looking for some help in Alpha or Beta testing GRO, i also read where you're working on LOD. Although i don't know much about that game i would be willing to help in any way i could. I am disabled due to some respiratory problems and helping test games kinda fills the time i have on my hands and makes me feel useful too. As far as testing experience i have beta tested Hellgate Global, Black Prophecy, i have been an Alpha tester for End Of nations, which is fixing to move into beta, i am also beta testing Guild Wars 2, and Ghost Recon Online. I have been searching for more space based games but it is hard to find any new ones, that's why when i find one i offer to help in any way that i can. Please let me know, even if just when testing apps are taken: roysturgill@hotmail.com if i'm not on here. Thanks and keep up the good work.

#119 dsmart3000AD

dsmart3000AD

Supreme Cmdr

• Administrators
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

We are always looking for a few good men. However we're not at that stage yet for GCO. You can however register for the LOD Beta by going to http://lodmmo.com

President, 3000AD Inc.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users