TacOps Question

Vadise

It's been a long while since I last said something. I took a long look at both the manual and the keyboard information that came with BCM but I cant find an answer yet.

My PC is not that of a monster and so has it's limit. I am stationed in a planet and look around every so often at the enemy bases on it with Tacops, now the problem is that it will not flush my previously viewed targets, they keep massing up in my tacops, the list is so long it is making everything slow down. How can I reset the tacops computer? I tried emerging and then planetfalling again to see if it would work, but no, the list is not flushed.

I am a SF Pilot with 53AI, so restarting is not a solution I'd gladly take.

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone can enlight me.

It's been a long while since I last said something. I took a long look at both the manual and the keyboard information that came with BCM but I cant find an answer yet.

My PC is not that of a monster and so has it's limit. I am stationed in a planet and look around every so often at the enemy bases on it with Tacops, now the problem is that it will not flush my previously viewed targets, they keep massing up in my tacops, the list is so long it is making everything slow down. How can I reset the tacops computer? I tried emerging and then planetfalling again to see if it would work, but no, the list is not flushed.

I am a SF Pilot with 53AI, so restarting is not a solution I'd gladly take.

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone can enlight me.

A SF pilot you say?

Everything you need to know about Tacops is in the manual. Not the keyboard sheet, the manual.

I beta tested BCM and from the description of your problem I am clueless as to what you are talking about. Take a longer look at the manual is all I can suggest.

My apologies for not being clear enough first time. First the specs.

CPU: AMD Sempron 1.6Ghz

Memory: 512 DDR1 RAM

Motherboard: PCChips M871G

Video: Evga Geforce 7300GT AGP

And thank you for trying to give some support even if BCM is no longer supported, I just cant think of a better place to ask questions like these.

------------

I will try to explain.

Yes the fighter pilot, isnt that Special Force Pilot (Edit: My mistake it is EF Pilot)? And I searched high and low for the solution in the keyboard sheet and the manual and faqs and what is included in docs folder but no good so far.

Let me start over: I am stationed in one of the Falkerie planets, LV106 is, but that is not that important, basically, while I am stationed I look around the planet stations with Tacops, each time I do that, all the units in the settlement I look are somehow saved in Tacops, when I look around in Tacops the next time, no matter if I am looking at the other side of the planet, if I rotate the camera I can see a green, blue or red mass of targets all piled up in the distance (the previous settlements I looked at). Also it will not let you target more units, it apparently reached it's limit.

At first I ignored that, but after 5 or so settlements were looked at, the targets kept massing up and eventually slowed down the game as long as I stayed in that planet. I am sorry if I am not clear enough yet, let me put screenshots up.

http://i.imgur.com/lIqXS.png

http://i.imgur.com/2CAwC.png

You can see the masses that built up in the first screen. I would like to reset tacops so it erases those targets as those are responsible of the sluggish performance.

And the seccond screen shows it will not let me target further units.

Actually Vadise is right, observing objects in TACOPS adds them to the zoom to menus. It should be noted that it also generates them in the 3d world and the game starts tracking them. It seems to work the same way as when entering space regions, spaceships will be generated there and start being tracked by the game. It can sometimes slow the game down quite a bit if too much is being tracked at once. I don't know much ways around this, except by destroying everything that stress the system (buildings and stations get rebuilt after some time).

Tacops doesn't add anything to the game world. Observing the planet activates the objects that then get populated into the Tacops menu lists for ease of selection.

Once a planet is activated, it remains in memory but is flushed out as some point as long as you don't have any of YOUR assets (personnel, mining drones, crafts etc) on it.

Supreme Cmdr, thank you for the response.

So it means I will have to station myself in space or in another planet and wait for... say 48 in game hours before the memory is flushed, and then return? I want to make sure I got it right to not bother you all again with the same subject.

Supreme Cmdr, thank you for the response.

So it means I will have to station myself in space or in another planet and wait for... say 48 in game hours before the memory is flushed, and then return? I want to make sure I got it right to not bother you all again with the same subject.

No clue how long it takes because it depends on what else is going on in the game world.