#1 CesarPim

CesarPim

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hi.
Just wondering whether anyone is playing this game in multiplayer nowadays. I am thinking of purchasing the game mostly for multiplayer purposes, so first I would like to know if there are active stable servers for it and people playing it, with some frequency...

If not, I guess I'll just have to wait for the GC Online :P

Thank you.
Commander CesarPim
GCV-Nyah, Prime Fleet HQ (Procon)
Prime Fleet, Alpha Wing
Posted Image
"Ask questions first and then shoot."
System Profile Information

#2 Magnus

Magnus

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

I believe UCSE/UCCE are the most popular for multiplayer. While ES is nice, I don't believe it ever really picked up. (Which is sad, because there were going to be a number of DLCs for it and they weren't developed.)

Personally, I'm looking forward to the DLC for AAW which will add space combat - which will make MP for that game perfect if you can transfer to the planet. (FPS is what it has going for it,yeeah!)

My website.

System Profile

1.) Windows 8 Pro 64bit
2.) AMD Athlon II X64 645 - 3.10GHZ
3.) 4x 4GB = 16GB RAM
4.) AMD 5750 1GB PCI-E

Have: BC3K, UCCE, ES, AAW, AoA.

#3 CesarPim

CesarPim

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

I believe UCSE/UCCE are the most popular for multiplayer. While ES is nice, I don't believe it ever really picked up. (Which is sad, because there were going to be a number of DLCs for it and they weren't developed.)

Personally, I'm looking forward to the DLC for AAW which will add space combat - which will make MP for that game perfect if you can transfer to the planet. (FPS is what it has going for it,yeeah!)

Hmm, I thought UC didn't have much people on MP, I thought it was the reason why version 2.0 doesn't have multiplayer...

I like all aspects of these games, but what I mostly love is the space exploration (AAW and AoA don't have)... So, from the existing 3000ad games that have space exploration, which would you say that has more people on multiplayer , nowadays?

Thanks.
Cesar
Commander CesarPim
Prime Fleet, Alpha Wing
Posted Image

#4 RT

RT

Ensign

• Moderators
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Space games, flight sims, 3d modeling

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:32 AM

Well sadly I haven't seen a MP game of UC for a while. That's mostly due to, I'd say, a lack of motivation as few people here own UC:CE or show an interest in MP. Now, I would say if multiplayer was to kick in once again, UC:CE would obviously be the game in use, but that's up to you to get it running again.
Commodore Hector Malori
ICV-DreadStar
Eversor Wing
Insurgent Central Command

Posted Image Posted Image

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz.
4gb DDR2
Radeon HD4890 1gb .

477 kbps down (~0.48 Mbps, 58 KB/s) ↓
224 kbps up (~0.22 Mbps, 27 KB/s) ↑

#5 CesarPim

CesarPim

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Well sadly I haven't seen a MP game of UC for a while. That's mostly due to, I'd say, a lack of motivation as few people here own UC:CE or show an interest in MP. Now, I would say if multiplayer was to kick in once again, UC:CE would obviously be the game in use, but that's up to you to get it running again.

Hmm I see. But isn't Galactic Command Echo Squad SE an improvement to UCCE? Doesn't it have better graphics and stuff?

Another question... is it possible to purchase UCCE online for download?

Thanks.
Commander CesarPim
Prime Fleet, Alpha Wing
Posted Image

#6 Mogon

Mogon

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

U can buy UCCE from online vendors such as Direct 2 Drive, and I believe its for sale from 3000ad directly. Id love to get a multi game going, just pm me, im off for summer so im free most of the time.

#7 canshow

canshow

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:15 AM

Yeah, i'm free for a game of UCCE as well for most of the summer.

The 2 main problems will be,

1) Having ourselves connected to a LAN, such as hamachi, or getting us connected to a server. (50% chance the connection to the server will have to be done by manually inputting the IP address of the host server into the properties of a shortcut to the multiplayer client) Which brings me to #2

2) Having someone with a decent internet connection and CPU to have a server running for us to play. Since the master servers for the UC series have been abandoned, it is difficult to find people to host a mostly lag-free server.

Other than that, we should have fun blowing ourselves to bits ;)

Captain canshow
ICV-Daedulaus
Spectre Fleet

There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die.

Angry

1.Windows 7 64-bit
2.Intel Core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 GHz
3.8GB Ram
4.Radeon HD 5570 1GB

#8 CesarPim

CesarPim

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, i'm free for a game of UCCE as well for most of the summer.

The 2 main problems will be,

1) Having ourselves connected to a LAN, such as hamachi, or getting us connected to a server. (50% chance the connection to the server will have to be done by manually inputting the IP address of the host server into the properties of a shortcut to the multiplayer client) Which brings me to #2

2) Having someone with a decent internet connection and CPU to have a server running for us to play. Since the master servers for the UC series have been abandoned, it is difficult to find people to host a mostly lag-free server.

Other than that, we should have fun blowing ourselves to bits ;)

Same here, free most of the summer.
My computer is quite ok to launch a server and a client at the same time, and I think I have a good internet connection (50Mbps download, 5Mbps upload) but I am in Portugal so I'm not sure this speed will be kept all the way between countries...
So whenever you want to launch a multiplayer, tell me in this forum or by pm. But I never did it so you will have to walk me through the process (I have Hamachi 2 up and running).
Commander CesarPim
Prime Fleet, Alpha Wing
Posted Image

#9 canshow

canshow

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

We can set it up with RT.

I think his help will make it as painless as possible, as opposed to mine.

Besides, i lost all the info to the UCCE server on hamachi.

Captain canshow
ICV-Daedulaus
Spectre Fleet

There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die.

Angry

1.Windows 7 64-bit
2.Intel Core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 GHz
3.8GB Ram
4.Radeon HD 5570 1GB

#10 Mogon

Mogon

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Well I got a 30Mb/s connection and a quad core so I host a server I have once before but I don't know how to set up hamachi for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users