Community Forum Update

Supreme Cmdr

Ah, i thought i was having a stroke.

Looks great :thumbs:

Other that that, the emoticons box won't pop out anymore and the 'recently added topics' portion needs a bigger text for the date that it shows.. Also, the option for showing topics older than "x" should be a little more obvious than just clicking that small filter options text.

Looking good. For those who may not know there is an awesome iPhone app for IP Board sites that allows pretty much full board functionality on the iphone.

Other that that, the emoticons box won't pop out anymore and the 'recently added topics' portion needs a bigger text for the date that it shows.. Also, the option for showing topics older than "x" should be a little more obvious than just clicking that small filter options text.

The icons are there and they work just fine. You need to click on the Yellow smiley face icon for them to appear to the right of the editor.

The other two things you mentioned have nothing to do with the board upgrade and there is nothing we can do about them.

The icons are there and they work just fine. You need to click on the Yellow smiley face icon for them to appear to the right of the editor.

The other two things you mentioned have nothing to do with the board upgrade and there is nothing we can do about them.

I don't seem to be finding that option to make the forum show older topics... where is it?

I don't seem to be finding that option to make the forum show older topics... where is it?

Ok, click on a forum. See the dark blue bar that shows the forums name? There should be a second dark blue bar at the end (bottom) of the forum, and it should say "Click here to show filter option". So just click that. and you'll have your settings. I almost missed it myself :/

@SC - Yeah, i know i have to click the smiley face. But what im saying, is that the box won't show as a pop-up anymore so now it cant be maximized and has to be tinkered with using 2 scroll bars.

How do I update my post count? I know I have more than 92 posts on this board. I've been on this board since 2001 (1998 with the first 3000AD forum).

I think some topics are deleted and ETC, which is why your post count may be low. I had over 300 posts, now im at 281ish

Rebuild User Post CountsThis will recount members posts based on CURRENT posts from the database. This will almost certainly REDUCE the post counts for your members as deleted and pruned posts will no longer be counted. This should not be used if you wish to retain your member's current post counts.

THERE IS NO UNDO!

We've implemented Twitter and Facebook API connect. So you can now login using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

If you are currently a forum member, you can link your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts to your forum profile account. Here is how to do it.

1. logout of the board if you are currently logged in
  2. click on the Sign In bottom at the top-right corner of the forum
  3. choose either Facebook or Twitter login and enter your login credentials
  4. on the right you will see an option to link your existing forum account with either Facebook or Twitter account. For this, you need your current forum account login credentials (email address & password)

Once the accounts (e.g. IP.Board + Facebook) are linked, you can then login using either one to login to the forums.

You will need to repeat the above steps for both Twitter and Facebook if you wish to login to the board using either one.

You can edit your Twitter & Facebook options via your IP.Board forum profile page.

If you are a new forum member, you can create a new account based on your Facebook or Twitter accounts. You do NOT need a separate forum account for that because one will automatically be created during the Twitter/Facebook sign-up process when joining the board.

Just that I'm at it, I'd like to change the displayed name from "dennymala" to "DennyMala"... I see the name history feature...but not where to change the account name or diplayed name.

Just that I'm at it, I'd like to change the displayed name from "dennymala" to "DennyMala"... I see the name history feature...but not where to change the account name or diplayed name.

Only admins can do that. You're not an admin.

Rebuild User Post CountsThis will recount members posts based on CURRENT posts from the database. This will almost certainly REDUCE the post counts for your members as deleted and pruned posts will no longer be counted. This should not be used if you wish to retain your member's current post counts.

THERE IS NO UNDO!

What is that quote from?

Loving it SC, though it needs that 3000AD feel ;)

THERE IS NO UNDO!

What is that quote from?

I'm assuming this is an option within the administrative control panel.

• 11 months later...