Undelete Save Files?

I was trying to clean up some extra save files on one of my profiles and accidentally deleted the profile itself from the menu screen. I deleted it from the game menu, not from the "3000AD\Universal Combat\save" folder, so it does not appear in my Recycle Bin. Is there a way for me to recover it or does the game permanently delete it from the hard drive?

I was trying to clean up some extra save files on one of my profiles and accidentally deleted the profile itself from the menu screen. I deleted it from the game menu, not from the "3000AD\Universal Combat\save" folder, so it does not appear in my Recycle Bin. Is there a way for me to recover it or does the game permanently delete it from the hard drive?

Once you delete them from within the game, they are removed from the game's dB file stored in the .\save folder. If you had only deleted the files from the .\save folder, then restoring them would also have restored the db file that tracks them.

If you have backups of the .\save folder from prior to your deletion, just restore that entire folder and the old .db file will also be restored. Then the games will re-appear when you start the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to treat my earlier save file (the one that I deleted on accident) as an advanced tutorial. Now I'm a Supreme Commander with over 250,000 xp and 75,000,000 credits. Woohoo!!