3000AD Forums
Supreme Cmdr

Line Of Defense Announced!

Now I wanna know if those windows can be blown out, because I can just envision me sitting in one of those skyscrapers, sniper rifle in hand, eating a donut while waiting for some unsuspecting insurgent to get into my cross hairs :D

Ooooooohhhhh... I am giddy with excitement if that is possible :D

We will have breaking glass; so conceivably if they are tagged to break, they will. However, we're not going to do that for those skyscrappers because that would be a major performance hit due to all the physics and such involved.

Indeed...It would hit like a truck with such big explosions... so we can expect enviroment like the ones from Unreal Engine... the tool by EPIC games in games like Homefront and Unreal Tournament?

Hey Kal, I sure hope Prime is ready for a good buttkicking from us Insurgents! Especially since we won't even give you a chance to relax and take your first bite of your donut! ;)

-Sho

Hey Kal, I sure hope Prime is ready for a good buttkicking from us Insurgents! Especially since we won't even give you a chance to relax and take your first bite of your donut! ;)

-Sho

Them's fightin words there Shohashi!

Prime will meet ya in Nightbridge! ;)

There is an update coming out later this month actually. I have been a bit hesitant to release too many updates given that we have some upcoming competition (Planetside2, Tribes Ascend, Firefall) which, though they are different games, I still have to be careful not to reveal too much about our game.

Just read the #lineofdefense tweets and I gotta ask, What do they mean? Is more information coming out in the coming weeks, or possibly something even better?

Massive info coming very shortly. I've recently hired Evolve PR to handle the game's PR, so there is a plan in place - and that's why I have not released anything new.

Geez, you just read the faq, and info on the game and its everything we need right now for the Game World. Line Of Defense is our last hope for a good game. Can't wait!

WOW!

Talk about a long awaited feature....

Very nice, looking forward to having a few exploratory missions in there :thumbs:

It is massive. I get lost in there all the time. But we're going to have a special map for inside this carrier and the four stations.