3000AD Forums
Supreme Cmdr

Line Of Defense Announced!

Derek i signed up for it on the main site. do bitter old vets get priority?

look for my app!

Yup. ALL recognized and long term community members are definite shoe-in, though you still need to sign-up.

Really like what you are intending to do. Long time player of Planetside and looking forward to PS2 but something is lacking. It's being far too casualized for monetization. Like what you are saying about hardcore gamers needing more. Hope LOD delivers.

Yeah, I think PS2 has taken the easy route. And just like the first PS game, it will cost them. We're just not doing that. LOD is a hardcore game and I'm not making _any_ compromises in that regard.

Sweet shots, SC! I already applied for the beta! I've been waiting a long time to get my uniform back from the dry cleaners. I'm pleased to report that's finally happened, and GCV Deterrence is ready for duty :) Good to be back!

The game has been delayed to Q1/13 due to issues with the Havok Vision game engine. Check the @lodmmo Twitter feed. Official announcement coming soon.

This saddens me and pleases me at the same time. Wish you could get it done quicker but understand and appreciate the uncompromising approach. Looking forward to the launch the gaming world needs it. Too much casual crap out there.

Wow, I go away for a year or so, and BAM, Supreme Comander does something new.

Still waiting on GCO, but this is very cool too.

Coming along great actually. We've had some issues with the Havok Vision Engine (we use a custom version of it) which caused the game to be delayed; but otherwise it's all good. I am planning on showing off some new screen shots later this month. Just been so swamped that I haven't had the time.

After hearing about and seeing the royal mess that Planetside2 is shaping up to be; I think I made the right decision to make LOD as simple and user friendly as possible and with none of the complications and complexities of standard MMO games. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most difficult and where AAW sits at a solid 7, while my prior games are at a solid 10, I'd say that LOD is hovering around the 4 mark.

Planetside 2 wouldn't be near as bad if they had used some of the lessons learned by developers of the original game. I realize it is a different day and age but if they wanted to improve on something it should have been their own product rather than DICE's. It's funny to see it evolve where they are starting to put some old ideas in new game and oddly enough the community sees an improvement in the current version. Go figure...

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing LOD in action... hopefully soon.

I have been watching the mess Planetside 2 is evolving into (and rather quickly), leaving a large opening in the FPS world here soon. Anyway, good luck on the engine work and best wishes for a successful journey soon.

I feel like this is going to be a great game.

However, when I tell friends about it over voice comms, I get one of two reactions, either:

"Hey, this looks really cool",

or

"Hey, this is going to blow just because of the Supreme Commander's name on it".

I've gotten more of the first reaction from people I play and have played the Planetside games with, but have still gotten a few of the other ones too.

Personally, my experiences have been good ones, partly due to a good community backing each other up.

The game will stand on it's own merits. I think it does have a lot going for it and I have been following it for a while. He has it sized right in both pop and cont size for sure. We'll have to see how it works out but I sure wish he would hurry. There are a lot of disgruntled PS2 players that would give this game a look in a heartbeat.

A bunch of shots and news for LOD will be released next week during the E3 Expo in LA. For now, I have released some teaser shots on the game's Facebook page. If you haven't already, now would be the time to like the page, spread the word etc.

Leave it to Derek Smart and 3000AD to finally make it worth my while to check my fb account more than once every 3 months or so. Kicking and screaming into the 21st century social webiverse!! :wo-oh:

I have to agree, Cynep! Those night shots were awesome! Even the cockpit lighting!

-Sho