Colonists

Merker

1. The manual appendix states that uninhabited planets gradually get populated by the race/col transports that get to them. Does that actually happen at some point or is it just for atmosphere? Same goes for explorers that "flee" to a planet I guess? To quote from manual:

"This caste contains personnel and families for cultivating a planet and is usually found with exploration castes. When created, the population of the planet will increase and colonies, cities, etc, will start to sprout up all over the planet. This caste determines the population of the planet."

2. Do the ground units in the weapons section of the tradcom serve any purpose at all except for trade? can't they be beamed down and activated or something?

3. Is space marine combat supported in UCCE? I know AI space marines occasionally pop out from an AI ship attacking a station both in roam and in campaign but I can't seem to be able to launch mine(still have UCfree, UCCE coming soon)

4. Do AI ships in UCCE ever use mines? They are very neat features.

5. Can you ever order a ship under your command to cloak? You can apparently activate/deactivate cloak control for carriers but they never actually cloak under your command....

Cheers

1. The manual appendix states that uninhabited planets gradually get populated by the race/col transports that get to them. Does that actually happen at some point or is it just for atmosphere? Same goes for explorers that "flee" to a planet I guess?

No. It is just the game's way to remove NPCs from the game world.

2. Do the ground units in the weapons section of the tradcom serve any purpose at all except for trade? can't they be beamed down and activated or something?

Be more specific please. Weapons like APMS can be used by your ground assets such as Tanks. Weapons that are not used by Assets, serve no purpose other than trade as far as i know.

4. Do AI ships in UCCE ever use mines? They are very neat features.

No. In fact, they do not even use missiles unless it is a FC.

5. Can you ever order a ship under your command to cloak? You can apparently activate/deactivate cloak control for carriers but they never actually cloak under your command....

No. You can only give them basic commands.

Also, can i ask for a favor of you?

When you purchase UCCE, test out the ODSs in space and see if they actually shoot at you or anything else. Some people such as myself don't have them working properly.

Cheers

You deploy space marines via shuttles. I once got a station to drop some space marines when I ejected from my CC while it was cloaked, but I haven't bothered to do it again since. Space marine combat is kinda dull anyways.

Woa, awesome dude, the space marine deployment via shuttle works perfectly. Awesome feature!!! Now I don't have to float solo, I can bring 2-4 more people with me to fight in space :rolleyes:

Canshow: yes, when I get UCCE I will let you know if ODS work. I am curious about that myself, since they were a killer back in BC3000AD and I loved that, real orbital defense. I also do remember the time when stations were defenseless and GalcomHQ always died the first 10 minutes into the game when some raiders or insurgent carriers spawned and whacked it.

Please canshow, ODS work in UCCE. As I can't say for sure for V2, but you've been told they do, please stop posting about such unconfirmed issues.

Btw, marines deployment via shuttle no longer work in UCCE if I remember correctly, though I'll have to check with the changenotes before you take my word on that.

As for the cloacking, I'm pretty sure ships need high AI to even think about using it. You can't order them directly to cloack.

Please canshow, ODS work in UCCE. As I can't say for sure for V2, but you've been told they do, please stop posting about such unconfirmed issues.

Btw, marines deployment via shuttle no longer work in UCCE if I remember correctly, though I'll have to check with the changenotes before you take my word on that.

As for the cloacking, I'm pretty sure ships need high AI to even think about using it. You can't order them directly to cloack.

Yes, the ODS do work in both UCCE and UCCE v2 (which I just tested again). The issue is that they are moving so far around the planet that their target acquisition matrix will reset quickly because they do NOT stop to fire - and they will NOT fire if they don't have a near perfect solution. Especially those that use missiles instead of guns/turrets. In fact, they were more powerful back in UC, but I think since UCAWA I tweaked them and that carried on to UCCE.

Capital ships only cloak when conditions warrant it. Seriously, who hasn't run up against cloaked ships?

Capital ships only use missiles when conditions warrant it. The reason being that depending on the range, target type and the target priority, they will use their more powerful main guns and turrets. Also, it is more efficient for them to launch fighters than directly engage high level targets (e.g. stations, other cap ships)

I was just asking him for a favor, but If you want to continue this, then do it via PM. We are talking about V2, so If you are unsure about the issue, do not post about it.

Yes, the ODS do work in both UCCE and UCCE v2 (which I just tested again). The issue is that they are moving so far around the planet that their target acquisition matrix will reset quickly because they do NOT stop to fire - and they will NOT fire if they don't have a near perfect solution. Especially those that use missiles instead of guns/turrets. In fact, they were more powerful back in UC, but I think since UCAWA I tweaked them and that carried on to UCCE.

Have you been testing the stand-alone V2 game, or the 1.14>2.0 patch that is hosted on several websites? I've been using that patch ever since it was released back in December.

Capital ships only cloak when conditions warrant it. Seriously, who hasn't run up against cloaked ships?

Yeah. They are everywhere. Too bad entire fleets can't cloak/decloak. That would be something...

Capital ships only use missiles when conditions warrant it. The reason being that depending on the range, target type and the target priority, they will use their more powerful main guns and turrets. Also, it is more efficient for them to launch fighters than directly engage high level targets (e.g. stations, other cap ships)

I haven't seen this at all. Scenarios and fleet orders are the only 2 things that i imagine would make the conditions right for both actions. Other than that, i have never seen another cap ship fire missiles, or their main guns, at anything else. The only behavior like this that i have observed is when they are actively going after a target, or by doing orders via Fleet, even then, i have my doubts. Every cap ship i encounter (in roam) goes to a pre-set destination, such as a station or a celestial body. Transports, shuttles, and FC are the only ships i've seen act Intelligently (apart from the occasional cloak and fighter launch from capitals) in space.

Seriously, i've been playing for some time, and i don't recall seeing it.

My guess is that there are LOT of things in the game that you still haven't seen.

Probably. I've only seen all of the supernovas and everything inside. That's about it. Nothing special. =/

Nowadays, i keep myself confined to space, because i'm not fond of surface interaction. All i remember is instant death by hostiles when i'm on foot. I'd like to know what area of the game to focus on to experience and see some more "surprises" and etc. I spend half my time in space just camping gates. I'd really like to experience UCCE for what it truly is instead of going around, blowing shit up, and picking up the cargo pods.

But meh. What can i do. I've played over a dozen characters/saves. The motivation and curiosity was lost piece by piece with every patch (because something on my end made saves incompatible), Then this ODS issue with my (apparently) bugged V2 just killed it. When i do play, it feels like i'm in a cubicle, instead of on a play ground.

TBH, i probably care as much for UCCE now as you do in regards to anything i write. Too bad you could never put in everything you wanted to into UCCE, i might have not lost so much interest. But the UC series kept my ass on these forums and playing for 2+ years on/off, so i guess you did something right.

I might buy the stand alone, to replace the bugged version i have now, but i can't afford it atm.

I'll stop here before i get further off topic.

So I just went and checked, and Space Force Marines deployment via shuttles in space does still work. Somehow I thought the option was removed, maybe in AWA or SE? Or maybe I'm jsut making it all up.

So I just went and checked, and Space Force Marines deployment via shuttles in space does still work. Somehow I thought the option was removed, maybe in AWA or SE? Or maybe I'm jsut making it all up.

It was deployment by NPC ships that was removed. I believe the reason was that they cluttered the game world up because they couldn't RTB.