Thanks Derek!

FoggyDewhurst

So last week I stumbled across 'Universal Combat' on a freeware games site and thought I'd give it a try, it's become my new favourite game! I literally stayed up 3 days and 2 nights in a row playing it without sleep, even missed a day of work oops!

The game is absolutely amazing but there was a couple of bugs that were annoying me so did a Google search see if there were any fixes and was surprised to see it was re-released and you guys are still making games.

I just bought UCCEv2 and I'm also looking forward to LOD, been looking into it looks amazing.

Thanks for my new favourite game, downloading UCCEv2 now can't wait to play the updated version!

P.s I personally blame you if I get fired for missing too much work because I'm busy battling my way from Galcom to Majoris on my more important trading supply runs!

Yeah, we don't make them like we used to. So I think that the Universal Combat games (an IP spin-off from the Battlecruiser series) is the last of its kind. I have no interest in making those kinds of games anymore as the market - as small as it was already - no longer exists.

Watch for intruders on board that ship! :rotfl:

OMG. It saddens me to only discover Universal Combat today. At least I'm aware of Line of Defense, which is the game that I've been waiting almost 20 years to play :). Either way, just wanted to say thanks, keep up the good work, etc. but most important of all, It's about damn time! Though I do know that you have to wait until the average system is capable or running the games that you really want to make.

Much appreciation..

Yeah, we don't make them like we used to. So I think that the Universal Combat games (an IP spin-off from the Battlecruiser series) is the last of its kind. I have no interest in making those kinds of games anymore as the market - as small as it was already - no longer exists.

Watch for intruders on board that ship! :rotfl:

That's understandable. Well at least you know there are still new people even now all these years later finding your older games and loving them, so I hope you're still proud of achieving what you did with UC :)

Intruders are irritating but easy enough to deal with, I lock down launch control, have marines on station, marines searching, 1 in medibay, 1 in transporter, 1 in each shuttle and then I fly to the nearest star station while keeping an eye on perscan. I also use cloak & EMD jammer regularly (only in short bursts though) when travelling.

My plan is to make Galactic Command Online be a F2P version of the hardcore BC/UC series. But given industry trends it could be a very bad bet for me. Which is why I put it on hold and currently focusing on LOD for now. If thinks work out, I may return to it. If not, I will just keep expanding LOD via DLC for the next few years.

My plan is to make Galactic Command Online be a F2P version of the hardcore BC/UC series. But given industry trends it could be a very bad bet for me. Which is why I put it on hold and currently focusing on LOD for now.

1. Salvage code from LOD & previous titles

2. Deceive artists with sketchy papers and threaten lawsuit.

3. ???

4. Profits!

My plan is to make Galactic Command Online be a F2P version of the hardcore BC/UC series. But given industry trends it could be a very bad bet for me. Which is why I put it on hold and currently focusing on LOD for now.

3. ???

4. Profits!

What are you going on about exactly?

3. ???

4. Profits!

What are you going on about exactly?

Forget about it. Going on the belief that creating models and artwork is very expensive, I was suggesting you coerce your art team to work for free, and make ill gained "profits". A bad attempt at humour on my part.

• 2 weeks later...

My plan is to make Galactic Command Online be a F2P version of the hardcore BC/UC series. But given industry trends it could be a very bad bet for me. Which is why I put it on hold and currently focusing on LOD for now. If thinks work out, I may return to it. If not, I will just keep expanding LOD via DLC for the next few years.

I'm buying LOD on steam next week to support you, and I'll look forward to keeping an eye out for any movement on Galactic Command, sounds like more my thing :D

Right, after a couple of weeks of roaming and getting a feel for the game, attacking every enemy ship I came across between the route from Galcom & Majora as I buy & sell to give me some decent starting funds, I have 5 OTS's, lots of SDM's and plenty of STS's I decided it was time to be brave and attack my first space station, the one on the route to Majora.

A little too successful, I got it to say SOS, I pressed ALT+D .. kaboom blew up in my face :D oops

It's rebuilding in 6 hours I'll try and take it again then -_-

Also, as your ship's crew gains AI points, does it make them better at thwarting intruders beaming onboard? I've noticed this past few days I get a lot less intruders on board than I did when I started, though that could be due to me using passive radar a lot more when I'm not engaging enemies etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's sad to hear, but totally understandable. I know what a labor of love Battlecruiser was to you.

Did you see that David Braben is releasing a MMORPG of his Elite franchise?

Steve