What Spare Parts

Mutheu

Hi Mutheu!

I think that the most important spare parts are what you, as the Commander, think is important. As you probably already know, you already start out with a few spare parts. You just never know what parts you will need to repair your ship after a battle because you don't know what your damage will be. Personally, I take a few extra Armor Repair Units, Computer Repair Kits and Engine Repair Kits. The rest of my repairs I do at a Starstation. So, in answer to your question, I don't think there a specific "important" spare parts list for your ship. Clear as mud? :)

A good section to read on repairs is section 11.1 of the manual located in the games install/docs directory.

-Sho

And since you're riding a super carrier, you might want to carry some repair kits for your fighters (hull, engine, weapons, shields) if you are using them a lot.

And FYI, if you ever need extra cargo space, you can always turn a shuttle into a mini-cargobay by storing stuff in it.

I just invaded a TERR/INS Starstation. In the first effort i was thumped pretty good and had to be toed back to Galcom HQ. then i assembled a fleet of 25 Ships and went back in. i managed (after 5 attempts) to capture the Station without destroying it :-DD.

lol I've never went through those lengths to capture a station. I cloak, jump to the supply station near the starstation (that gets me within 1km of the starstation, as opposed to ~80km if you jump directly to the station itself), and shoot at the station at full power until its health reaches around 2k, at which point I set my gun power to 10% (click on the button that says weapons on the left side of your screen), disable my turrets and slowly tear its health down until it begins to send out an SOS signal at which point I decloak and cap it.

You could just cloak, jump to the supply station, turn on ECM (so station missiles don't 1 hit wreck you), get super close (5 meters) to the station and decloak. That way only a small handful (if any) of the station's turrets are going to hit you. But a firestorm has weak weak default shields, so i would not recommend decloaking unless you like that whole damage control experience (which i do sometimes :) ). Also be sure to disable your turrets when capping. They could accidentally kill the station when its at low health by targetting the station or the fighters that it will send out (another reason to cloak because those fighters might kill the station too.)

• 2 weeks later...