The Death Wraith

Gallion

quote:

terminate with extreme predjudice

I have the feeling that refers to me too, seeing how many ships the Gamms are throwing at me. wink.gif But I've got a few ideas that might get me out of the hole again. I get to pay for my decisions this time around.

Ristar: I would suggest avoiding Rinaal, as I have strategically relocated wink.gif elsewhere. Watch your back out here, because the Gamms are playing for keeps this time.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-25-2000).]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[RP]

1604, March 15, 3008

Debris Field, Chanis-I, Xyon

GCV Swiftsure

"All ships report that repairs are complete," Melanie said from comms.

"Excellent. Status of the Josten's cargo transfer?" Somerset asked.

"The last is being beamed aboard. In 7.4 minutes, the Josten will be destroyed," Soran reported.

"Very well, have all ships prepare to move out on my orders. Mr. Ishikawa, set course for Lydan. Melanie, order all ships to do the same. Prepare to move out," Somerset ordered.

Soran looked up from his station and said, "Commander, cargo transfer complete. The last of the Josten's crew is aboard, and the auto-destruct is in progress."

"McAllister, move us to a safe distance. I don't want to be caught in the blast. Use minimal thrust, though. The Gammulans might be able to detect our impulse residue."

"Aye-aye, sir." McAllister said, engaging the engines at 1% thrust.

Slowly, the Swiftsure moved away from the stricken Battlecruiser, it's viewscreen still locked on the battered ship, whose life was about to end. A few minutes later, the space around the debris field was lit up as the Josten self destructed, her reactor breaching in a bright flash, and remains of her hull spinning through space. Somerset prayed for her poor Commander, sympathizing with his feelings.

"Number One, how many people did we take aboard?"

"We now have 248 personnel aboard the ship, Commander," Soran replied.

"The Indianappolis is running short. Transfer 10 Marines, 5 System Engineer's, and 5 Medics over to her. And give me a report on the cargo transferred from the Josten."

Soran simply replied, "Yes, Commander," and began carrying out his orders.

1645, March 15, 3008

Debris Field, Chanis-I, Xyon

GCV Swiftsure

"Commander! Activity at the jumpgate, multiple transits!" Ishikawa reported as alarms went off at his station.

"Ours, or their's?" Somerset asked.

"I can't tell, sir. The flux from so many transits is affecting the sensors at the gate," he said, dumbfounded.

"Number One..." Somerset prodded.

"Moving SR probe 3 to intercept. I am keeping the probe at the edge of it's sensor range. FTL signatures are not GalCom in origin. Readings indicate...they are Gammulan warships, Commander. At present 38 ships, bearing 139, mark 210. They are on course for the planet. I believe that they will inspect the planet first, in case we had landed, or were hiding in it's shadow," Soran said.

"Agreed. It'd be the first thing I did as well. We'll have to catch them with their pants down. Have one of the probes track them. Make the rest go passive. Looks like the fun isn't over yet," he said, opening the shipwide channel. "Now hear this. Condition Red, all hands man battle stations."

As the klaxons sounded, and the crew rushed back to Battle Stations, Somerset looked at his TacOps, and reviewed the situation. If he kept the Wing far enough away from the Gamms, they may be able to slip by to the jumpgate, and escape. But someone needed to make a distraction. "Number One, do any of the ships have any Omega mines left?"

"Yes, Commander. We transferred five from the Josten, that they retrieved from Wraith HQ during the intital evacuation," his First Officer replied.

"Excellent. Melanie, get on the comm to all ships. They are to cloak, and proceed to the jumpgate at impulse velocity. Have them make the jump to Chanis-II, and make a run for Darain. Stop for nothing, unless they run into the rest of the Fleet," Somerset ordered. "Mr. Ishikawa, plot an intercept course with the enemy Fleet, full impulse. Kamarov, ready the cloaking device, and reload the mine launch bay with the Omega's as fast as you can."

"Aye, sir," they all said as they began their tasks.

Soon, they were ready to go. The rest of the ships faded off, and headed for the jumpgate as the Swiftsure turned for the enemy warships headed to the planet. She crept up on them slowly, under cloak, undetected. Strangely, they hadn't brought any of those weird probes with them.

It was Somerset's luck that they didn't. His entire plan depended on not being detected until they dropped the Omega's right on top of the enemy ships. Together, he and Soran unlocked the safeties, and armed the weapons. They came equipped with some form of stealth coating, that Gallion of all people came up with. It would disturb the cloak when they were launched, but Somerset knew how to deal with that.

Finally, they arrived where they wanted to go, right overhead of the enemy ships. "Ready the mine launch bay, and drop the mines on my command. Are the timers set?" Somerset asked.

"Yes, sir. For 4 seconds, and then they go on proximity detonation," Kamarov said.

"Very well. Ishikawa, is our escape course ready?"

"Yes, sir. It's plotted, and fed to the helm."

"McAllister, after we drop the mines, it's all up to you. We have four seconds to get out of here, or we're never going home. Prepare for drop, and the escape course."

It all came down to timing. It would take 3 seconds to drop the mines, when the Swiftsure would become visible, and subject to enemy fire. Four seconds after that, the five Omega weapons would detonate, and take the enemy warships with them. Or at least leave them damaged enough that they wouldn't be able to pursue, or call for help. Not before the SIN Wing had made good it's escape.

"Ready to drop the mines on my mark...mark." Somerset ordered.

The Swiftsure's cloak disrupted as she began dropping the mines, and PTA fire began streaming toward her. Sixty Gammulan ships quickly began targeting missiles to blow her out of space. They failed. The Swiftsure's shields dropped below 48% when the last mine dropped. They had four seconds to get out.

Somerset said quickly, "McAllister, GO!"

Time seemed to slow down, and the jump anamoly took forever to form, and finally, the Swiftsure entered it. Somerset used his console to put a aft view on screen. From behind, it looked like nothing more than a small spark, but it meant the end for 51 Gammulan ships. The other 9 were severely damaged, with systems knocked out from the EMP produced by the weapons. They would be going nowhere for some time.

Somerset breathed a sigh of relief in his chair, relieved that they had cheated death once again. Hopefully, nothing that harrowing would happen for some time. The Swiftsure rushed to catch up with the rest of SIN Wing, and the War.

[/RP]

Managed to make it through this one. Gallion just keeps making it tougher. I just hope that next time is a little bit easier. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-27-2000).]

I just got back from my vacation, so I will try to post later today or tomorrow, I need to read through the events and I have some things I have to take care of at my real time job, and then I'll post, I'll probably read through all the new posts, and then post tomorrow.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

Shogun of the Dragon Council – Order of the Jade Dragon

-Commander’s Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

This is a continuation of the ÔÇÿmole in ISSÔÇÖ storyline, which myself, Josh Dilvorn and rod_G worked out earlier today in the BC chatroom. The timestamp, as well as some of the continuity details are subject to revision.

[rp]0903, March 14, 3008

ÔÇ£Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Commander. I didnÔÇÖt realise things had gotten this bad.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Just doing my job, sir. It seems like the administration staff are severely overburdened with everything thatÔÇÖs happened.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Indeed, Ben. Mr KetovskiÔÇÖs shuttle acccident couldnÔÇÖt have happened at a worse time. Virtually every fleet is in the middle of major restructuring, and there just arenÔÇÖt enough administrators to go round.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£What will we do, sir? We need a new director of administration. We canÔÇÖt just go on like this.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Correct, Commander, which is why until a more qualified individual comes along, you are the new director of administration and training.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sir?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You heard me. Miss Cartwright, Mr. KetovskiÔÇÖs old secretary, will show you the ropes.ÔÇØ

Ben struggled to say more than a stupefied grunt as he temporarily lost all power to his tongue.

ÔÇ£Blu, but, er, how?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£How what?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£How am I the best qualified individual?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, you have just demonstrated that you understand how important the job is and what the consequences are of it being done badly. The training regime and discipline youÔÇÖve shown with your crew has turned them into a well-motivated, capable and flexible team. WhoÔÇÖs to say you wonÔÇÖt do the same for the administration staff?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£But sir, I hardly think-ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Most important of all, Ben, I know that I can depend on you to do your best, and I know that I can trust you. For a position this important, that is vital.ÔÇØ

Ben tried to think of something to say to counter this, and even opened his mouth to speak, but ended up just audibly exhaling.

ÔÇ£So what about my other positions then, sir?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£If the burden becomes too much then we will get others to take over your current duties as and when you request.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£And the security sweep?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£That will be your first duty. I will give you the clearance necessary to perform it. I assume it will take quite a while, and you wonÔÇÖt need to be present the whole time, so in the meantime Miss Cartwright can fill you in on how the organisation works.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, when do I start?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Immediately. Mrs Redgate will show you the way to your new office. Here is your administration id and password.ÔÇØ Ristar handed Ben a small box. ÔÇ£Good luck, Ben, and happy hunting.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Thank you sir, IÔÇÖll need it.ÔÇØ Ben stood and left the office. In the reception area, a pleasant but businesslike middle-aged woman greeted him.

ÔÇ£Commander Zwycky, if you would follow me, please.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Certainly.ÔÇØ

As he walked through the corridors towards his new second home from home, he contacted the Svoboda.

ÔÇ£Karen, get me Briggs and Elworthy.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No problem.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Elworthy here, sir.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Briggs here.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Gentlemen, Ristar has agreed to your proposal. Get all your analysis equipment together- IÔÇÖll tell you where to beam to in five minutes. WeÔÇÖre going hunting.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Will do.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Commander, your new office is just down there at the end of the corridor. You canÔÇÖt miss it.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Thank you maÔÇÖam.ÔÇØ

Ben went to the end of the corridor. She was right. At the end there were big double doors with ÔÇÿDirector of Administration and TrainingÔÇÖ emblazoned across them.

ÔÇÿWell time to meet the office assistant. Probably been working here since the station was builtÔÇÖ

As the doors opened, the spacious reception area was revealed, with plush seats and an elegant receptionistÔÇÖs desk with a pretty young woman sitting behind it, probably not even in her thirties, dressed dignifiedly in a business suit. She looked up and greeted Ben with a big smile, standing up and approaching him warmly.

ÔÇ£Hello! You must be Ben Zwycky. ItÔÇÖs great to finally meet you. IÔÇÖm Emily Cartwright, your new secretary.ÔÇØ

Ben was puzzled. ÔÇ£You were KetovskiÔÇÖs secretary?ÔÇØ

She smiled again, accepting the compliment, even if he didnÔÇÖt mean it as such. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve been on this station for six years, and I was his secretary for two.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Wow,ÔÇØ Ben said involuntarily.

ÔÇ£Wow yourself! A real battlecruiser commander, and cute as well! Lucky me!ÔÇØ She said with a grin.

Ben was unsure how to deal with this sort of comment, so he just said, ÔÇ£Umm, yes. So what facilities do we have here?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, IÔÇÖll show you round your office.ÔÇØ She led him through the oak-paneled door into his spacious office.

ÔÇ£Here we are- desk, comms terminal, computer terminal, drinks dispenser, executive washroom, you can see for yourself, really. Anything else you need, you just use the intercom, and IÔÇÖll get it for you. Within reason, of course,ÔÇØ said with another smile. ÔÇ£So, is there anything I can do for you first of all?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, in about five minutes Privates Briggs and Elworthy will be arriving with some equipment. Show them straight in. After that, I would like a breakdown of the administrative structure of the fleet.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£That report is done and in the datapad on your desk. If there are any unfamiliar terms, IÔÇÖd be happy to go through it with you. IÔÇÖll show those gentlemen in as soon as they arrive.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, IÔÇÖll read through it, and get back to you with any questions I have.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Very good, sir. Oh, what would you prefer me to call you? Sir, Commander, Director?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Just call me Ben. Everyone else does.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Right. ThatÔÇÖs nice and easy. See you in a little while, Ben.ÔÇØ

Ben closed the door and looked around his plush office again. Picking up the datapad and sitting down on the long imitation leather couch he thought to himself, ÔÇÿMaybe the executive life isnÔÇÖt so bad after all!ÔÇÖ

The events of the last twenty minutes started to sink in. 'Wow, this is really my office!'

He activated his commbadge.

ÔÇ£Karen, IÔÇÖve just been made the new director of administration and training.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well done, Ben! IÔÇÖm sure you deserve it and will do a great job.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£HereÔÇÖs where my new office is. Can you tell Briggs and Elworthy?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, done. TheyÔÇÖll be over in five minutes.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Thanks, Karen.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, bye.ÔÇØ

Ben started to absorb the well-presented report and was fully engrossed when his intercom buzzed.

ÔÇ£Misters Briggs and Elworthy to see you.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Show them in.ÔÇØ

Briggs and Elworthy entered the room carrying a medium sized black plastic box. They closed the door behind them and removed the system infiltration console from the box, along with a couple of small cubes.

ÔÇ£Nice little secretary you have there, Commander!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Hmmm, yes, I suppose."

"You suppose?! If I knew those were the sorts of perks you got, I'd have applied to become an administrator a looong time ago! "

Briggs and Elworthy both chuckled. Ben wasn't so amused.

"OK Guys, you know what youÔÇÖre doing, and you donÔÇÖt need me to watch over you. IÔÇÖve got lots of stuff to do, so IÔÇÖll just let you get on with it, OK? HereÔÇÖs the terminal, and hereÔÇÖs the authorisation from Ristar.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Gotcha.ÔÇØ

They got to work quietly and efficiently as Ben completed reading the report. Miss Cartwright was surprised by the questions he asked. He didnÔÇÖt just dumbly ask the ÔÇÿwhat does this word meanÔÇÖ questions she had expected, but asked incisively about the motivation and philosophy behind the different administration strategies, how they knitted together, and arrived at some points where the current methods couldnÔÇÖt really be justified, and so a note would be made of an action to be taken. She was impressed with his questions and he was impressed with her answers and they both came out of the discussion with an increased appreciation of each otherÔÇÖs capabilities.

ÔÇ£Wow, has it been that long? Time for lunch. IÔÇÖll just check on how my guys are doing.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£What are they working on?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Some new security checks.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Anything I can help with?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I wouldnÔÇÖt think so. TheyÔÇÖre pretty much experts. Go and get some lunch.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I need to know when youÔÇÖre going to get back first.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Oh, yeah, sorry.ÔÇØ

Ben poked his head round the door.

ÔÇ£OK, guys, howÔÇÖs progress?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£ThereÔÇÖs an awful lot of files to go through. IÔÇÖd say weÔÇÖll be done in about an hour and a half, maybe two.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Right. See you in just over an hour, then. Oh, and remember to cross-reference any suspicious files with everyone who has had access to them.ÔÇØ He closed the door and turned back to Miss Cartwright.

ÔÇ£OK, Emily, can you check if Commander Dilvorn is on the station?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Will do- Yes he is.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Okay, Zwycky to Dilvorn, are you there, Josh?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Hi Ben! WhatÔÇÖs up?"

ÔÇ£You had lunch yet?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No, you buying?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Alright, then. See you in about ten minutes in the caf├® next to the stationÔÇÖs main bar. I forget itsÔÇÖ name.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I know the one you mean. IÔÇÖll be there.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, Emily. IÔÇÖll be gone just over an hour, probably.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Right, no problem.ÔÇØ

1305, March 14, 3008

[/rp]

Whew! That turned out a little longer than I intended. Josh, you can describe our lunch conversation and the results of the analysis. (WeÔÇÖll go back to my office after lunch). It doesnÔÇÖt have to be just us two, if you donÔÇÖt want. I realise this doesn't quite fit with your post with timestamp 1350 March 15, 3008, which sort of implied that you only found out about it then, but it lets us do what we discussed.

Later all, let the sport commence!

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 03-30-2000).]

This whole LV-103 thing is looking better and better all the time...

[rp]

1519, March 15, 3008

Lydon, Krynon

Tringad felt the bile rise in his throat, as the Humble Pie exited hyperspace at the Khan/Lydon jump point. There, before him, were hundreds of Gammulan warships. He also saw the remains of a few Wraith Battlecruisers, almost unidentifiable, strewn about the Gammulan armada.

His ship, the Humble Pie, was a highly modified LRT-10 transport. It was emitting a false Gammulan/Trader IFF, as well as a fake name, the T'nar Kaltak.

He was making sure the Ventriloquist was on and ready, when a voice, Gammulan, came over the comm channel. It took a few seconds for the Ventriloquist to translate: "This is the Gammulan military vessel K'ltan, to the T'nar Kaltak, state your business in this sytem or we will board your vessel."

"Ok, guys," he addressed his skeleton crew, "this is it. Ran, get up here and work the Ventriloquist."

Ran Hamblin was a CIOPS computer tech, and a good friend of David Briggs and Chris Elworthy, Commander Zwycky's expert hackers, and the only people who knew the inner workings of the Ventriloquist. Briggs had taught Ran the basics of the Ventriloquist's operation, as well as work-arounds to some known quirks, and basic repairs. The only reason Briggs and Elworthy were not working it themselves, was that they were working on the ISS Mole situation, and Commander Zwycky needed them both.

Ran walked over to the Ventriloquist and sat at a computer terminal. "Alright, let's see here. This toggled on, this set at five, make sure it's set to Gammulan, and... there we go. It's set and ready, Commander, just speak and it will translate into Gammulan."

"Great. Ok, now, quiet everybody," said Tringad. Tringad didn't know if the background noise of the bridge would effect the translation, but he didn't want to take any chances.

Tringad spoke towards the Ventriloquist, "This is the T'nar Kaltak to the K'ltan. We are merely passing through, on our way to LV-103, transporting ore." This was true, as the LRT-10's cargo bays were full of many kinds of ore.

"K'ltan to T'nar Kaltak. Cargo sweep completed. Cargo verified. You may pass."

Tringad smiled and said, "T'nar Kaltak to K'ltan. Acknowledged."

Ran turned off the Ventriloquist and looked over at Tringad. "Wow, this thing really does work. I'll have to buy David and Chris a drink when we get back."

"Nikita, jump to Tyrus-2. Let's get the hell out of here. And Ran?" Tringad said as they entered hyperspace.

"Yes, Commander?" Ran replied.

"The drinks will be on me"

[/rp]

LOL! I can just see Tringad and Ran huddled over the comms panel, trying to speak in Klingon like in Star Trek 6 LOL! smile.gif

My post for the day, next stop: LV-103 smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

Guest Cmdr Josh Dilvorn

1319, March 14, 3008

As Dilvorn walked past the bar and into the small cafe, he scanned the tables trying to locate Ben Zwycky. The cafe was fairly quiet with only a few customers. Finally he spotted the commander. He was sitting at a corner table reading something on a datapad. As Dilvorn approached the table Zwycky looked up, "Josh, glad you could make it."

Dilvorn nodded in acknowledgement, and the motioned to the datapad, "Anything interesting?"

"Nah, just a bit of background information for my new position."

"Oh.. That reminds me, congradulations."

"Thanks, are you ready to order, I'm starving."

Several minutes later the commanders were each eating one of the specials of the day. After a few moments Dilvorn spoke. "So how have things been going so far?"

"Not very good. I've got my men running a full system analysis as we speak..." Dilvorn's attention was diverted as an attractive young waitress walked past the table, "...we'll head back to my office after lunch."

1406, March 14, 3008

Zwycky opened the door to his office, and the turned to Dilvorn, "Josh, I'd like you to meet my two security experts. Elworthy and Briggs."

Dilvorn nodded to the two men, "Pleased to meet you gentlemen, how are things going with the analysis?"

"They've proved fairly conclusive so far" replied Briggs.

"We've already come across 3 discrepancies so far and we're only around 60 per cent complete." continued Elworthy.

Zwycky shook his head, "That's not good news at all."

"So how much longer do you think the analysis will take?" asked Dilvorn.

"I'd say another 40 minutes or so." replied Briggs.

"Very well, I've got some important business to attend to, I'll be back before you have finished."

Dilvorn then left the office and headed back to the cafe and that attractive young waitress.

1443, March 14, 3008

"So how are things going?" asked Dilvorn as he walked back into Zwycky's office.

"Well the analysis is complete. It turned up a total of 5 discrepencies." answered Elworthy, "And most of them were in the system log files."

"What types of discrepencies are we talking about here?"

Zwycky answered Dilvorn's question, "Missing data. There are several gaps, of varying sizes, in the files."

"So it's as if someone was covering thier tracks?" queried Dilvorn.

"You got it." replied Elworthy.

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest ISS06

Defense Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

ISS Homepage GCV Conquest Home

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Josh Dilvorn (edited 03-30-2000).]

[rp]

1659, March 15, 3008

Lydon, Krynon

The battle was going well for the Gammulan Empire. Half of the defending Wraith, Mandorian, and Kandorian warships filled the void of space in the system with the flotsam of their destruction.

The roundup operation, on the other hand, in Xyon was a total disaster for the Empire. The warships sent there failed to eliminate the escaped Wraith warships. The price of failure has been paid by the surviving Gammulan Warship commanders ÔÇô they lost their heads. Failure was not an option within the Gammulan Empire. The Wraith warships that were responsible for this fiasco managed to link up with the defending warships that remained of Wraith Fleet.

1719, March 15, 3008

Octura-6, Omega Centauri

Activity increased in what appeared to be the hulk of one warship adrift in the flotsam of the system. One by one systems came back on line in the hulk ÔÇô though it still appeared to be the drifting hulk of a battlecruiser to any vessels that passed through the system.

Space traffic through Octura-6 was damn near non-existent. Only one space vessel entered the system. The sensor profile of this vessels was that of a Gammulan LRT-10 transport, the T'nar Kaltak. Passive scanning of the Gammulan transport indicated that it carried numerous critical components required to get one drifting hulk of the flotsam completely operational though not completely repaired. The sneer of commander of this vessel twisted and a sadistic gleam appeared in his glare as orders were giving to ready a strike force. Further orders from this commander brought the hulk back to life after the Gammulan transport exited the system.

The former hulk, now a mostly operational warship ÔÇô some systems were inoperational, like the communication systems but the shield, cloak, weapons, and sensor systems, patched together as they were, are fully operational. The warship gave chase as it neared the jump point that the Gammulan transported had passed through just minutes before. The cloaking system of the warship was activated just as the warship reached the jump point.

The chase was on and the warship was not to far behind the Gammulan transport. The commander of the warship would be patient and wait for the appropriate time to liberate the components he and the warship needed to bring the life back to the battered Graf Spee

1701, March 15, 3008

Undetermined Location, Gamma Quadrant

The handler was disturbed by the latest information supplied by Hari. It contradicted previous information and altered plans in progress significantly.

The primary concern of the plan remained at the space station in Pluto. Damage to the vessel of the Primary concern was moderate to heavy.

The four ships in Jupiter continued patrolling the region and would do so until directed otherwise.

Activity within the Sol system had not changed since the beginning ot the Gammulan offensive 24 hours ago. This concerned the handler some to the point that he directed other operatives to step data gathering efforts. Wraith Fleet was almost completely wiped out and would be within several hours, one day at the most. Galcom still had a significant a force available to stop the Gammulan advance. If they were brought into play at the wrong time then the whole plan would go up in smoke.

The handler passed his concerns to the Gammulan War Council. His was not to reason why, his was to do or die.

[/rp]

Ben ÔÇô Ye and the BCs with ye made it to friendly lines. No more superman posts please.

ISS ÔÇô The operation that ye all are running, ISS Mole, is different than what I am referring to. One portion may be related but not all.

Tringad ÔÇô Flashbacks my man, flashbacks of GW1 as once again the Corsair attacks a vessel ye be on tongue.gif

BTW ÔÇô communication systems do not work. The Humble Pie/T'nar Kaltak will be boarded by Corsair Marines and they be some very nasty hombres. This encounter will be several confusing posts long tongue.gif

TO ALL ÔÇô Do not push timeline past 1800, 15 March, 3008. Part II of this yarn will begin at this time. So make ye final setup posts now for this topic thread. I will create a new topic that will take this campaign to its end this weekend.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-31-2000).]

Ye didn't give me much choice, Gallion. smile.gif It was either superman, or the Swiftsure being some of that space flotsam. I must admit the first time out was highly implausible, but the Omega mines, was mere innovation. I made the best of what I had. But now that I'm back with what remains of the Fleet, I doubt that superman will show his ugly head again. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Gallion, why me? smile.gif"><P>I

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

quote:

...Remind me to book passage
smile.gif
through the
Gallion Control Zone
next time
smile.gif

Naw, no Gallion Control Zone here biggrin.gif just taking advantage of a situation. Ship needs parts, yours has them Tringad wink.gif Wont be like last time, well almost. I'll zip ye something to ye profile addy.

Ben - biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-30-2000).]

[rp]

Comms.Officer open up a Vid link to Cmdr. Dilvorn please.

Yes Sir !!

eeuhm sir he's not there , shall i leave a Msg for him.

yes do that please.

i Quote

Cmdr. Jamont for Cmdr. Dilvorn here

Commander i need to speak to about the mole as acting Intel wing commander i need to your ideas and thinking of it.

please send a msg back where you are and ill give the nav cor. to my Nav officer and whe will join you as soon as possible.

Maybe Ben could be there to .

Well speak to you later

Commmander Jamont out..

[/rp]

Euuhm guys my last post nobody repleyed on.

Cmdr. Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISS05

Intel and Espionage Wing Commander

http://issfleet.cjb.net

Sorry, Nick. Here you go

[rp] "But isn't there supposed to be triple redundancy on all data storage? They couldn't have purged all four system logs at once, could they?"

"They didn't have to. Someone hacked into the triple redundancy subroutine. They only had to change a few lines, and instead of copying the document to the other four locations, it sends a file of complete garbage to those locations, but with the same filename and file size. Since all files are heavily encrypted, a file of complete garbage looks pretty similar without the decryption key."

Ben and Josh both paled visibly.

"That's unbelievable! How long ago was this done?"

"Well, the first garbage files started appearing just under a year ago, so it was probably done then. It's shocking that it hasn't been picked up until now."

Josh turned to Ben, "We're in trouble."

Ben's Intercom buzzed.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Ben, the GCV Conquest has been trying to reach Commander Dilvorn. They want to relay a secure message from Commander Jamont."

"OK, tell them they can send it to the secure comms terminal in my office."

Josh moved over to the comms terminal, inserted his security key and activated the retinal scanner. A quiet beep indicated the completion of the identification procedure.

"Jamont knows about the possibility of the mole, and wants to meet up with us."

"OK, tell him he can meet us here."

"So which logs have data missing?"

"System access and communications logs."

"Who could have gained access to those logs?"[/rp]

OK, Josh, Nick, Rod, any other ISS members, we might need to discuss a few things. I'll be in the chatroom for a little while.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Guest aramike01

[RP]

1709, March 15, 3008

Undetermined Location, Sol System

The shadowy human stirred silently in his quarters. His mind was filled with many intimate thoughts: his mission, his alliance, his fears. The man didn't want to find death yet, but his gut knew it was soon. There was no preventing it.

But he would not go alone.

Thick human fingers tickled the piece of heavy, black metal that lie on the antique wooden table before him. It was cold, he noted. His hands gripped the deadly machine, one finger curling around the trigger. It pulled back, being met with a sharp, metallic click.

Satisfied that his carbine was functional, he disassembled the piece and layed the parts across the table in an orderly fashion. He retrieved the weapon's case from below him, hoisting the bulky storage equipment to his lap.

With a click, the case opened to reveal several magazines of incidiary munitions. The human knew that he would never have the opportunity to loose all of the rounds through his carbine, yet the sheer amount of ammo was, for some reason, comforting.

His eyes glanced to the vid-screen on his left. The human mentally prepared to transmit a follow-up report to his secretive commander. He hoped the information would prove valuable, even more so than his last transmission, as he disliked intense scruntiny.

Vacating the mass of mortal destruction that lie upon his table, he moved to the commlink. The man's hands reached to the input terminal and his fingers quickly entered a host of security protocols and commands. Before too long, he had a secure uplink to his only ally.

The human licked his lips, cleared his throat, and began. "This is Harri. Beginning transmission of follow-up report now. Awaiting instructions from the Handler."

[/RP]

Ahh, a little fun appears to be on the horizon... biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

This topic thread is now complete and will continue in

The Wraith Massacre.

Please close this thread smile.gif