Into The Fire : ACT ONE - Alliances

Blades

Into The Fire

[ACT ONE : Alliances]

03:09 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Orion Starstation In Orbit Of Centris

Fleet Commander SavageÔÇÖs Suite

 the voice returned, again telling him of things he did not understand. Somwhere behind this voice, a bird, perhaps a Raven squarked in dissaproval. The frame of the bird cast a dark shadow over brigde of a ship .. his ship, shrouding the officers in darkness and bringing a sense of foreboding to him. Within his chest, his heart was beating erratically, his senses heightened and alerted, warning him of impending danger. Looking behind him, he saw an old, wooden barn. Within scythes and pitch forks swayed out of time with the silent wind. To his right, the Raven perched on a twisted bramble, glaring at him with red eyes, warning him off with a furrow of its feathers, its beak lancing out at him, piercing the palms of his hand and drawing blood. Looking down at his wounds, he watched the trickle of blood ooze through his fingers, and as droplets fell through the gaps and down onto the scortched earth, a terrific rumble from all around startled him enough to produce a scream. Thrown from his feet, the scrambled away from the shaking earth, rolled to avoid an upsurge of razor sharp rock that attempted to impale him. In the sky above, he saw the dark shadow of the Raven once again pass overhead, and behind it, a swarm of tiny ships, their markings obscured by the burning heavens, set alight by things he didnt comprehend. A boot came down upon his chest, and a heavily armoured man glared down at him, a bayonet attatched to the end of his rifle pointing menacingly down at his exposed and scarred chest. Now he was screaming, the blade surged down, penetrated his chest .. pain  pain!

Savage bolted upright from his bed and struggled for breath. His hand immediately went to his bare chest, examining it for the imagined injuries within his dream. Finding no wounds, no blood, but instead the cold sweat of the nightmares torment, he allowed himself to settle back down and calm his frayed nerves.

ÔÇÿThat was quite a dream you were having.ÔÇÖ Said a voice from somewhere in front of him.

SavageÔÇÖs heart almost stopped at that moment, and the fear from the dream came back with an almighty vengence and pinned him momentarily on the spot. Fighting with his fears, and with the urgent desire to force himself into some kind of action, he eventually won out and rolled to his left and mashed his palm down on his bedside comm. Panel.

ÔÇÿSavage to security! Intruder alert!ÔÇÖ

That done, he toppled himself out of bed and reached for his sidearm. He found nothing.

ÔÇÿThey cant hear you.ÔÇÖ Said the voice, as if answering a silent question that he had just asked himself. ÔÇÿNor will you find your weapon.ÔÇÖ

Proving this point, the voice from the darkness tossed out the Fleet Commanders wrist laser towards him.

As it landed, Savage made a beeline for it. In a single, sweeping motion, he reached down and rolled, grabbed the wrist laser and had fastened it to his forearm by the time he was back on his feet.

ÔÇÿComputer! Lights!ÔÇÖ

The room remained in darkness.

ÔÇÿYou will find your weapon is powerless. I suggest you put it down before you have an accident.ÔÇÖ

Savage understood that the weapon was probably non functional, in fact, he expected it. During his roll to gather up his sidearm, his brain had already explained to him that only a really, really stupid enemy would somehow sneak into his quarters, override the comms systems, take away his sidearm and then give it back again functional. Still, having the weapon on his arm did reassure him, plus he wasnÔÇÖt quite as defenceless as one might expect.

ÔÇÿWho are you?ÔÇÖ demanded Savage, having just regained the power of speech.

The voice in the darkness, now a shadowy figure that motioned slowly a few feet in front of him, sounded disappointed. ÔÇÿIt hasnÔÇÖt been that long, Savage. Surely you know who I am.ÔÇÖ

The Fleet Commander suspected he did, but couldnÔÇÖt for the life of him rationalise why this person would be here, in his quarters, in the dead of night. He dismissed it immediately, and instead chose to tackle his visitor.

He hoped that his visitor wouldnÔÇÖt be expecting such an irrational, perhaps even suicidal attack from him. In the moments it took for Savage to cross the distance between the two men and strike out with the solid wristlaser, he surmised that it was unlikely that the man ÔÇô whoever he was intended to kill him on the spot. If he wanted to do that, he would have done by now. He had every opportunity. After all, he had somehow got into his private quarters, removed his sidearm and had ample opportunity to do all sorts of unpleasant things to him while he sleapt. No, if murder was the motive, it would have been done by now.

These thoughts mattered little to Savage and he found himself knocked clear off his feet by an outstretched kick from his visitor. The attack had come from nowhere and had been lightning fast. He landed hard on his chest and had the wind knocked out of him. The ringing in his ears only served to further cloud his perceptions, although he did understand that he was now completely helpless, and whatever the myseterious visitor had in store for him, it would occure without his intervention.

ÔÇÿComputer, lights.ÔÇÖ

At the visitors command, the suites lights came to full illumination, and Savage tried to blink away the coloured dots and lines in his vision as he gasped for breath. He turned himself onto his back, and glared through the light up into the frowning face of his visitor. What he saw, he couldnÔÇÖt quite believe.

ÔÇÿTwo things.ÔÇÖ said Rattler, Commander of the Insurgency. ÔÇÿFirst, next time you try something like that, Im going to break every bone in your body. And second,ÔÇÖ Rattler bent down to the foot of Savages bed, and picked up the Fleet Commanders issue dressing gown. ÔÇÿPut some clothes on. The last image I want burned into my mind is your naked body.ÔÇÖ

Rattler tossed the gown down over Savage, covering up his modesty and then turned away to give the Orion Fleet Commander a moment to compose himself.

Rattler sighed, looked around at the plush surroundings of Savages suite and quietly added. ÔÇÿIm getting far too old for this cloak and dagger shit.ÔÇÖ

03:16 hrs, 15th May, 3008

By the time Savage had composed himself and taken in what his violated senses told him, Rattler had set two places at the small breakfast table and was pouring coffee into two mugs.

ÔÇÿMake yourself at home.ÔÇÖ Said the Fleet Commander, walking awkwardly towards his dresser unit and trying to remain calm looking.

Rattler shook his head. ÔÇÿGot it.ÔÇÖ He said, pulling out a small carbine from under his black trench coat.

Dammit! thought Savage.

Rattler smiled at him. ÔÇÿDonÔÇÖt feel bad Karl, if itÔÇÖs any consolation, it was extremely difficult to get in here in the first place, let alone track down where all youÔÇÖre weapons were.ÔÇÖ

Savage glared at him. ÔÇÿYouÔÇÖre not my friend, Rattler, so donÔÇÖt call me Karl.ÔÇÖ

Rattler held up his hands in an apologetic manner. ÔÇÿExcuse me, Commander Savage. Now why donÔÇÖt you come over here and join me.ÔÇÖ

Savage snorted. It was almost amusing, surreal even. Here he was, being invited to join the chief of the Insurgency for breakfast. Moments before, he had been layed out, bollock naked and completely at the mercy of his greatest enemy.

Oh, this one is going to go down well with my therapist, thought Savage.

ÔÇÿWhat the hell do you want?ÔÇÖ he asked.

Rattler flashed him an old, weathered smile. ÔÇÿCome, sit. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die.ÔÇÖ

Savage couldnÔÇÖt help but shudder at his words. It brought back images from his nightmare, especially the Raven, pecking at his palms.

Reluctantly, Savage took his place at the breakfast table and was offered a sugarless, black coffee by his mortal enemy. He took a quick mouthful, and was relieved to find he wasnÔÇÖt choking moments after he swallowed.

Likewise, Rattler drank the coffee, and began tucking into a large breakfast platter he had ordered from the replicator. Savage just watched the old man dig into his food, and never once considered a new plan of attack to take Insurgent One by surprise. If he was being absolutely honest with himself, he was really keen to know why Rattler had put himself into the lions den, cut off from his fleet and comrades to have breakfast with the head of the Orion Fleet.

ÔÇÿWhy are you here?ÔÇÖ Savage asked again as the old man polished off the last of the sausage, and mashed a square hash brown into his mouth.

Rattler chewed, made a facial expression that could have been anything from delight to an urgent bowel movement, and then swallowed. Wiping his lips with a knapkin, he folded his arms and looked intently at the Fleet Commander.

ÔÇÿIm here,ÔÇÖ he said. ÔÇÿbecause I need your help.ÔÇÖ

Savage frowned at him, not quite understanding, but believing what he was being told.

ÔÇÿGo on.ÔÇÖ

Rattler coughed quickly into his balled fist, then pounded his chest a couple of times. ÔÇÿGood food.ÔÇÖ He said. ÔÇÿBut im not as young as I used to be, and occasionally fried food gets the better of me.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWhy do you need my help?ÔÇÖ again asked Savage.

This time, Rattler didnÔÇÖt hold back.

ÔÇÿThree days ago, I lost my number one to unidentified forces during an aborted attempt to liberate Commander Minako from your fleet. At that time, I was under the impression that she legitimately wanted to defect to the Insurgency, and considering our history, I thought nothing more of it. However, as it transpired, he had no intention of defecting, and the entire operation was nothing more than a ploy to lure Akira to Jupiter where he could be captured.ÔÇÖ

Savage forced a sneer at the old man. ÔÇÿAllÔÇÖs fair in love and war, Rattler.ÔÇÖ

Rattler smiled at him. ÔÇÿTrue enough. However, I now know who was responsible for taking Akira, and I suspect I know why.ÔÇÖ

Not wanting to give anything away to his enemy, Savage remained silent and hoped that his breakfast companion would continue. He was not disappointed.

ÔÇÿCertain elements within Earthcom were responsible for this action. Im sure you are aware of this. The reason, however, you can only guess at.ÔÇÖ

Savage leaned forward in his seat. ÔÇÿIÔÇÖve got a few ideas.ÔÇÖ He said.

ÔÇÿAllow me to clarify this for you then.ÔÇÖ

Rattler stood from the table, and walked behind the Fleet Commander and placed his hands on Savages shoulders. Again, Savage began to feel nervous.

ÔÇÿAkira is, and always has been, my number one. As such he has the highest level access to operational deployment of Insurgent forces, including our facilities, vessels and high placed agents within both GalCom and Earthcom. He knows everything I know, and I suspect a few things I donÔÇÖt. In short, he is a prime target for capture and interrogation. HeÔÇÖs probably considered an even more important target than I am.ÔÇÖ

Savage nodded. ÔÇÿThat makes sense. However, if heÔÇÖs that valuable to you, why put him in a position where heÔÇÖs likely to be captured?ÔÇÖ

Although Savage couldnÔÇÖt see him, he knew Rattler was smiling. ÔÇÿAkira is like a rebellious child. You cant control him as much as you would like. Apart from his own desires to be out and about in the universe, putting into motion the plans and schemes we have developed together, heÔÇÖs something of a loner, and if youÔÇÖve been keeping up with current intelligence, youÔÇÖll know heÔÇÖs no politician. HeÔÇÖs a field operative, and is ill suited to taking a back seat when the action happens.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿYouÔÇÖre not telling me anything I didnÔÇÖt already know. Why was he out in Jupitor in the first place?ÔÇÖ

Rattler sighed. ÔÇÿAs I said before, he was there to recover Minako. At the time, I couldnÔÇÖt trust anyone else to pull it off with the minimum of bloodshed and damage. I wanted her out of harms way, and the best way to do that was to send my most trusted friend.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAnd that.ÔÇÖ Started Savage, turning in his seat and looking up into the frowning face of his nemesis. ÔÇÿwas your mistake.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿNo.ÔÇÖ said Rattler. ÔÇÿThat wasnÔÇÖt my mistake. My mistake was in believing that Akuma would really defect so easily. I didnÔÇÖt question her reasons as I would with anyone else. Because of our bond, I failed to see the danger and allowed my feelings for Akuma to cloud my judgement. I lost Akira because I lost sight of the truth. It was my failure.ÔÇÖ

Savage snorted. ÔÇÿYouÔÇÖre failure to see what was really going on is what kept you alive. If Akuma hadnÔÇÖt done what she did, youÔÇÖd have been dead by now, cut down my an Earthcom agent on your ship.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿSo youÔÇÖre saying, better Akira than myself?ÔÇÖ

Savage nodded. ÔÇÿPersonally, I wouldnÔÇÖt have shed a tear at hearing of your untimely passing. Everything you stand for is offensive to me. YouÔÇÖre a traitor to humanity, a cancer within that threatens to tare apart everything IÔÇÖve worked all my life to protect. You are the enemy, and Im sorry, but I refuse to feel sorry for you, your rag tag band of traitors or your cause. Am I sorry Akira was captured? No, Im pleased. If heÔÇÖs half as valuable to Earthcom, Galcom or whoever the hell has him that you say, perhaps this ÔÇÿwarÔÇÖ between us will come to a close sooner, rather than later.ÔÇÖ

Rattler glared down at the Fleet Commander. ÔÇÿYouÔÇÖre a good soldier, Karl, you believe everything that you are taught at the academy and follow it without question. However, that kind of logic will get you killed some day.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿSpare me the rant, old man.ÔÇÖ Said Savage, standing from his table and facing up to the Insurgent Commander. ÔÇÿIf youÔÇÖre here to convert me, or gain my favor in some twisted way, you are wasting your time.ÔÇÖ

Rattler shook his head. ÔÇÿIm not here to convert you, Karl. Im here to enlist your help.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿSorry.ÔÇÖ Said Savage, ÔÇÿbut theres nothing I could do to help you, even if I had a reason to do so. Ok, the way everything went down in Jupitor was screwed up. Everything that surrounded that entire affair has been classified, buried from the public eye forever. Although it makes me sick to my stomach that the government I have sworn to protect would do such things to gain the upper hand, itÔÇÖs not my place to question it. End of the day, we have what we need.ÔÇÖ

For a few moments, the two men stood facing eachother, neither having anything else to say, or wanting to. After a few more uncomfortable moments, Rattler backed off and allowed Savage some space.

ÔÇÿAkira has access to information that if used by your people, could effectively devestate the Insurgency as you know it.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿNot a bad thing in my book.ÔÇÖ Said Savage. ÔÇÿHowever, since you already know that heÔÇÖs been taken, surely you would have started moving your forces to safe locations, abandoning facilities etc, moving yourselves out of harms way. Even if they break Akira and get this information, the damage wouldnÔÇÖt be as severe as to bury your movement.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿItÔÇÖs not that simple.ÔÇÖ Said Rattler. ÔÇÿWeÔÇÖre much larger than you, your superiors, even the chiefs of staff could imagine. We have fleets of starships, facilities hidden all over the galaxy, research and development teams working round the clock on weapons systems, advanced cloaking fields ÔÇô you name it. We are not a rag tag bunch of terroists, as your media makes out. We are a formidable army, and we are one with teeth.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWhy are you telling me this?ÔÇÖ asked Savage. ÔÇÿWhat purpose does it serve giving me this info?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿBecause,ÔÇÖ started Rattler, ÔÇÿI want you to understand what will happen if your people break Akira and steal his secrets. They will launch a massive offensive against us, take us completely by surprise. As far as they are concerned, they will deal us a blow we will never be able to recover from. The truth, however, will come back to haunt them.ÔÇÖ

Savage frowned. ÔÇÿA counter strike?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿYes.ÔÇÖ Said Rattler. ÔÇÿOne that I couldnÔÇÖt stop.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWhat do you mean, one you couldnÔÇÖt stop?ÔÇÖ

Rattler sighed. ÔÇÿA strike against us like the one I fear will give my people the excuse they have been waiting for to wage all out war on you. However much I try to calm them, they will probably move without my support, remove me from office and launch us into a war we as a species cannot offered to wage.ÔÇÖ

Just then, it began to dawn on Fleet Commander Savage exactly what it was that Rattler feared. As the truth dawned on him, he couldnÔÇÖt help but feel a knot tighten in his stomach.

ÔÇÿThe Gammulans.ÔÇÖ

Rattler nodded. ÔÇÿSo now you see it. Now you understand what will happen if this comes to pass.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿA war with the Insurgency at the same time as weÔÇÖre out there fending off the Gammulans would spell disaster for humanity. We would have to pull our forces away from the front lines to combat you, leaving us weakened. Considering what you have just told me about the real strength of your forces, our losses would be devastating. The Gammulans would take advantage and push further into our territories. We would be fighting two wars on two fronts.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿThe war would leave the home systems open to the Gammulans to enslave, or anhiilate us. The human race as we know it would end.ÔÇÖ

Savage pondered for a few moments. ÔÇÿSurely both our governments would realise the danger and cease hostilities. Before we can wage war on eachother, we would have to push back the Gammulans.ÔÇÖ

Rattler shook his head. ÔÇÿAfter our intervention in the first Gam war, we knew that should it come again, we would never again fight by your side. As far as we are concerned, weÔÇÖll let your people and the Gams slug it out until both sides were beaten, then take advantage of the weakness and bring freedom to humanity.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿYou mean, youÔÇÖre brand of freedom.ÔÇÖ

Rattler smiled. ÔÇÿCall it what you will. In my position, you would do the same thing.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿPossibly.ÔÇÖ Said Savage. ÔÇÿRegardless, you have to make people see you as you really are. If the government see the Insurgency as strong as you claim, they will think twice about authorising an attack.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿI cant do that.ÔÇÖ Said Rattler.

Savage frowned. ÔÇÿWhy?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿI would lose all support if I was to give your people that kind of information. I wouldnÔÇÖt be able to control them any longer. This would trigger the war just as quickly as a decisive first strike by Earthcom would. You have to understand, Akira is a hero to them. Most of my people want to launch an all out strike on Earth to rescue, or avenge him. By coming here to meet with you, I am taking a huge risk. Without my steady hand at the helm, my more ÔÇÿRighteousÔÇÖ commanders make take actions by themselves and trigger things prematurely.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿThen IÔÇÖll bring this to their attention. IÔÇÖll make them see reason.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAgain, you cant do that. Remember, it isnÔÇÖt officially Earthcom that have authorised this action, but a militant group within the main body. The second you start making noise, they will either come after you and silence you, or pre-emptively strike before this comes to public light. Going through the chain of command, it could take some time before anyone takes this seriously, what with the Gammulan war being the main focus.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿSo what youÔÇÖre saying,ÔÇÖ started Savage, ÔÇÿis that weÔÇÖre basically screwed?ÔÇÖ

Rattler nodded. ÔÇÿYeah, basically.ÔÇÖ

Savage turned himself around and brought his hands to the back of his head. He blew out a lungful of air, and surveyed his suite. His eyes finally fell on the clock beside his bed, and he was surprised to find that it was nearly 5am.

ÔÇÿThere is one thing we can do though.ÔÇÖ Said Rattler from behind him.

Savage knew this was coming, had feared it since the Insurgent Commander had first explained the situation to him. ÔÇÿI know.ÔÇÖ Said Savage. ÔÇÿI know.ÔÇÖ

07:32 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Over the last two hours, both Fleet Commander Savage and Insurgent One himself, Rattler, had been in deep discussions regarding the matter at hand. Rattler had brought with him a hastily put together plan that would, with any luck, prevent a disaster the scale of which had not been known in human history.

Sifting through the mountain of documentation that Rattler had brought with him, Savage fought hard to keep his mind focussed on the task at hand. Behind every new descision and order, he wrestled with his commitment to his duty as a Galcom Commander, and of doing the right thing to try and prevent the unthinkable from happening.

By the time Rattler had poured the forth cup of coffee for the pair of them, they had just about finished finalising the basic operational details that in the next three days, they would have to initiate.

All that remained now was the recruiting of the personell, both GalCom and Insurgent, that Savage now had on his datapad.

ÔÇÿYou sure this is a good idea?ÔÇÖ he asked Rattler, referring to having mortal enemies working together in close proximity.

ÔÇÿNo, itÔÇÖs a terrible one.ÔÇÖ He replied. ÔÇÿBut we donÔÇÖt have any choice. Besides, Im sure you can keep your people under control, Fleet Commander.ÔÇÖ

Savage smirked. ÔÇÿAnd Im sure youÔÇÖre going to keep yours under control, Rattler.ÔÇÖ

The old Insurgent didnÔÇÖt answer. He just smiled. Slowly he retrieved his spectacles from his waist band and placed them carefully upon his now tired eyes. Eyes that only one other person, a true buchaneer trapped by the chains of time and the unlucky happenstance of being born 1500 years too damned late, had been allowed to gaze into since his accident. Once again Rattler, Insurgent One, became "The Man Behind The Mirrored Glasses."

[/ACT ONE : Alliances]

This now sets the scene. Evenyone now participating in the scenario is going to receive a communication (Outlined below) as a way of introducing them to the story. Include the opening communication in your posts, so we know you are involved in this way.

Communication

TO: (Character)

SUBJECT : SPECIAL OPS

CONTENT :

Commander,

The following is FYEO. This message will autodelete itself in 60 seconds and will leave no records in your database.

We need to meet to discuss a matter of the utmost urgency. You are to make every effort to travel to the Pixan Starstation and meet with myself, and another representative on board the SS Vulture at 23:30 hrs, 18th May 3008. Come alone and unescorted. USE alternative methods of transportation to reach your destination, and tell no one of your movements, or whereabouts.

All will be revealed shortly.

End Communication.

Players should aim to meet up at exactly the appointed time. Take as long as you wish with your posts. The next main narrative shall be posted over the weekend, so everyone getting on board should do so by then.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 10-06-2000).]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Savage smirked. ÔÇÿAnd Im sure youÔÇÖre going to keep yours under control, Rattler.ÔÇÖ

The old Insurgent didnÔÇÖt answer. He just smiled. Slowly he retrieved his spectacles from his waist band and placed them carefully upon his now tired eyes. Eyes that only one other person, a true buccaneer trapped by the chains of time and the unlucky happenstance of being born 1500 years too damned late, had been allowed to gaze into since his accident. Once again Rattler, Insurgent One, became "The Man Behind The Mirrored Glasses."......."

Very quietly, having placed his spectacles upon his head, Rattler turned his back on what had, a few scant hours ago, been his mortal enemy and probably would be so again. Whispering now, he channeled a transmission to the heavens, marked for only one transceiver. The thought of what Rattler had set in motion sent chills through his old, tired bones and involuntarily racked his soul. "Jester, Fleet Commander Karl Blades does not have the artifact. Continue your search!" "Fleet Commander Blades has my guarantee of safety, watch over him as you do for myself!"

"Rattler.....Out!"

Again, just as quietly he made a second transmission, in the clear, but clandestined beyond the abilities of the mortal man to interpret. It would take an "Eternal Warrior" to recognize its context and content. "Am I not Christopher Sly? Well, well see't. Come, sit by my side

and let the world slip: we shall ne'er be younger."

Rattler did not sign off on this transmission, rather let it die in the depths of space without remorse or reconcilliation. There was no need.

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 10-06-2000).]

[rp]

07:40 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Docking Bay 13

GALCOM HQ

Gunney York paced nervously amongst the decks of the docked GCV Graf Spee. Repairs were underway, some major, a plethora of minor, to get the luckless Galactan Class MkII Battlcruiser fit for battle. The Gammulan War had inflicted heavy loses to Galcom needed they any capship that they could get their hands on. With the exception of the Graf Spee's Commander, the entire crew was confined to the ship. Most were busy assisting or making repairs; even the Graf Spee's Marine contingent was pressed into service.

The Commander of the Graf Spee was somewhere within the cavernous bowels of titanium, power conduits, and passageways that were the Headquarters of Galactic Command. Held in pre-trial and pre-board of inquiry confinement on charges of treason, collaborating with the enemy, conduct unbecoming an officer, and disrespect to a superior officer; just to name a few of the lesser charges. To the old veteran, the prospect of Commander Gallion getting out of this pickle was next to none. Suddenly his PDA chimed in, indicating that he had received an urgent message.

quote:

TO: Eternal Warrior

Am I not Christopher Sly? Well, well see't. Come, sit by my side

and let the world slip: we shall ne'er be younger, Thou art a fool Pixan:

For if Echo were as fleet, I would esteem him worth a dozen such.

But sup them well and look unto them all: To-days and one, I intend to hunt again.

SLY
Ay, it stands so that I may hardly tarry so long. But I would be loath to fall into

my dreams again: I will therefore tarry in despite of the flesh and the blood.

York nearly dropped his PA as read the first few lines of the incoming message. The old marine suddenly had several flash backs from long ago and not so long ago. He shuddered at the implications but at the same time knew what the implications would/could be. The Gunney regained his composure and continued on with the rest of the message.

quote:

[Enter a Messenger]

Messenger Your honour's players, heating your amendment,

Are come to play a pleasant comedy;

For so your doctors hold it very meet,

Seeing too much sadness hath congeal'd your blood,

And melancholy is the nurse of frenzy:

Therefore they thought it good you hear a play

And frame your mind to mirth and merriment,

Which bars a thousand harms and lengthens life.

Well, well see't. Come, sit by my side

and let the world slip: we shall ne'er be younger. 

Reality is for those that cant handle drugs or the harshness of life. The only thing Gunney wanted was a nice long pull of lager bier but he didnt have time for thatyet that is. Gunney York watch as the incoming message scrambled, and then disappeared from his PDA. He had plans to make and mission to accomplish. For the first time since arriving at Galcom HQ, the Gunney moved with a purpose. His first stop was with the Chief, after that he didnt know, as he made his was aft to Engineering.

[/rp]

hehehehe...release the hounds

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-07-2000).]

[rp]

07:02 hours, 17th of May 3008

Orion Starstation in Orbit of Centris

The corridors of deck 6

David Liev was whistling happily.

This would not have been obvious for the average occupant of Orion HQ. A passerby might first think, upon seeing Liev, what a high-altitude marathon athlete was doing aboard a Galcom starstation. The second thing that might come upon this supposed passerby was concern, as Liev sounded as if he was slowly gagging on a piece of sandpaper lodged in his throat, and did not seem to be enjoying the experience.

To this Liev would accuse the person of having no appreciation of fine music.

For Liev, as he was marching gaily down the steel corridor, was whistling the tune to his childhood favorite (roughly translated)Rusted Fish Samba. He only rasped out this tune(?) when he was excited.

Liev had never seen so many humans at the same time. Throughout his life on Centris, Liev had been isolated from his species, raised on the thin-atmosphered, dense planet since his birth. Since he joined Galcom as a planetory support pilot, he had on occasion met with those of his own species. He found their bodies frightingly expresive, and the shrill mews of English annoying and weak compared to the solid sound of his "mother" Empirian tounge.

So when hear of new vacancy for a Fighter Leader in Wraith Fleet, he was not eager to accept the opportunity. Liev had almost a morbic fear of his species homeworld (an entire planet of such expresive beings!), and knew such a postion of power would one day lead him to the dreaded Earth.

But David Liev was also an angry man. He had seen the destruction caused by the Gammulan Horde, had witnessed his hibernating human parents deystroyed on the colony ship.

So now this man who was not a man, bred by aliens and almost loathing his own species, was to become the exectutive officer of an entire Galcom Fleet's fighter craft assets. All that remained to do was to get a ride to Wraith Headquarters, being rebuilt around Lyrius after its destrution in the already infamous Wraith Massacre.

He had reserved a Type 3 shuttle for himself, refitted for long-range travel and a few extra "surprises" he oversaw while onboard Orion HQ.

After packing his meager belongings, Liev went to his launch bay, powered up his craft, and exited Orion HQ. He was about to bid his world a final farewell when the comm chirped at him. He opened up the message (noting a Level 3 security encoding) and saw this:

------------------------------------

Fleet Leader Daniel Londono

Warith HQ

Lyrius

Mr. Liev,

Read attached orders. I regret I will be unavailable, but you will be briefed upon your arrival.

-------------------------------------

TO: (Character)

ONTENT :

Mr. Liev,

The following is FYEO. This message will autodelete itself in 60 seconds and will leave no records in your database.

We need to meet to discuss a matter of the utmost urgency. You are to make every effort to travel to the Pixan Starstation and meet with myself, and another representative on board the SS Vulture at 23:30 hrs, 18th May 3008. Come alone and unescorted. USE alternative methods of transportation to reach your destination, and tell no one of your movements, or whereabouts.

End Communication.

------------------------------------------

He could not help but notice the pointed Mr. Liev. Strange that a civiliian should be called in for a Sepecial Ops, refelected Liev. His transfer from the Centris Defense Force required him to temporarily resign from Galcom, even though technicly the CDF was under the umbrella of Galcom. "Less papaerwork," the clerk said. "Don't worry. We'll give you back your commission as soon as you report to Waith HQ." Looks like that won't be happening for a little while, Liev mused. Hope this Pixan thing won't last too long.

The message deleted. Reviewing the orders again in his mind, Liev looked about his ship. And considered the extras the Orion engineers installed into his craft.

Well, I think this will certainly qualifies as alternate transportation, Liev thought to himself, as he grinned a small, quiet little grin, and set the new destination into his Navitron. The hyper-engines enaged and the Bold Voyager leaped into the unknown, disappering from sight.

[rp]

Bon Voyage, Tac! Hope you'll enjoy your stay in Japan.

Append: As I hoped I made clear above, the Liev character isn't truly human. He's been raised by aliens, so treat him that way. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 10-10-2000).]

Guest Commander Hamblin

Time for me to get involved then...

[rp]

08:24 hrs, Earth Standard Time, 15th May, 3008

Orion Starstation, Centris orbit, Alpha Centauri

Lieutenant Commander Kate Mulgrey's quarters

"...so, the doctor jumps into the water, and the sharks swim away. The Priest says 'It's a miracle!', and the lawyer says..."

I was interrupted by the laughter of Kate Mulgrey. "...that's no miracle, that's professional courtesy! James, that joke is older than both of us combined!" She laughed again.

I smiled. "Well, you know what they say, the older the better!"

Kate raised her eyebrow. "They? Or is that just you then, hmm?" She smiled again, and pushed him playfully on the shoulder. He chuckled.

Suddenly, the alarm on Kate's watch went off, and she checked it. "James, look at the time! We've been talking all night!" She extended her arm towards me. I looked closely at it, the dimmed lighting of station's night not helping.

Finally, after having to squint my eyes, I exclaimed "Eight thirty? Bloody hell! You know we're late for duty!" We chuckled, and I got up from the couch, stretching my arms and yawning with barely contained tiredness.

Rubbing her eyes, Kate said "Computer, restore lights to normal."

Instantly, I had to rub my eyes, as they readjusted themselves to the greater light. I even had to sit down again, lest I lose my balance.

Kate, slowly getting up, made her way into her bedroom to change into her uniform. "James, since you're here, you want to stay for breakfast? I've been told I can replicate a brilliant Vegetable Bulion."

"Is that so?" I said, winking at her. "Well, maybe one day I'll get to try it out, but for now, just a cup of coffee will do nicely."

She nodded, and walked back into the bedroom to change. I chuckled again to myself, and reflected on what had just happened.

For the whole night, I had been talking, joking, and charming Kate Mulgrey, to the absolute best of my ability. From the minute I awkwardly stepped into the restaurant, twenty five minutes late, to my accepting the invitation back into her quarters, and then us talking for many hours, again during which I joked, and charmed as best I could. Now, I was utterly tired, and absolutely could not manage any more wit of any kind.

I leaned back on the couch, and let out a deep breath. My entire body suddenly began protesting strongly at having to be denied the rest it deserved. It was as though when talking with Kate, my mind had just completely ignored the protests of my body. But now she wasn't here, I was beginning to slow down. Boy, would I ever need that coffee, now more than ever.

Suddenly, Kate was shaking me out of sleep. I woke up, drool on my chin, and feeling like I'd been trampeled over by a two ton rhino. Sh was now fully dressed in her uniform.

"James, wake up! You drifted off to sleep." I noticed she was holding a cup of coffee, and she handed it to me. I wiped the drool off my mouth, and sipped the coffee, embarrassed to have been caught sleeping, and drooling at the same time.

She smiled at me again. "You drool when you sleep? I'll have to remember that." With that, she winked at me.

My mind, still groggy from the little nap I'd apparently taken, and still rather embarrassed about the whole drool thing, simply instructed my head to nod slowly and absentmindedly, which is what I did. However, she'd already turned around, and was going towards the replicator to get breakfast.

While I slowly sipped my coffee, Kate turned towards a bulkhead screen next to her table, and said "Computer, any messages for me?"

The computer began reciting "Two from maintenance. One from station house. One from James Hamblin. One from station ops. One from Karl Savage..."

"Stop!" Kate said.

The mentioning of the name "Savage" seemed to penetrate the cloud of hazyness which had settled over my mind, and I slowly stood up, walking towards the screen.

"Display message from Savage." She said. Instantly, I was awake, knowing that if it was a message from the Orion Fleet Commander, it was most likely important.

"Password, voiceprint ID, and level three security authorisation required." The computer responded flatly.

I blinked. Level three. Only the Captain of a Galcom vessel had level three security authorisation. She turned to me, and I set the cup down on the table. There was nothing like important, classified orders to wake a person up.

A message of this import couldn't be allowed to just leave itself in my quarters, where I most likely wouldn't be, so it routed itself to the terminal nearest my location. It'd then follow me around, from terminal to terminal, until I, or the owner of the terminal, asked for a message check, and it'd bring itself up.

She nodded, knowing that this was most likely for my eyes only, and quickly walked back into the bedroom. I settled down into her chair, pushing the Vegetable Bulion aside, and said "Password, phrase: 'There's no place like home'. Security authorisation: Hamblin Alpha alpha two nine."

"Voiceprint, password and security authorisation accepted. Displaying text message."

The message that came up nearly made me spill over the cup of coffee on the table.

quote:

TO: CMDR JAMES HAMBLIN

CONTENT :

Commander,

End Communication.

I quickly memorised the location and time, before the message auto-deleted itself.

Kate slowly walked out of the bedroom, concern on her face. "What is it?"

"Classified." I said, slowly, and picked up the coffee again.

"Oh come on James, what is it, orders for the GEW?"

I shook my head. "Negative." I said, getting up from her chair. "Kate, I'd better be going now. Thanks for the coffee, and I had a very memorable time." I made an effort to smile, but somehow I knew that such a cryptic message from Blades couldn't be any good. My gut was telling me this didn't bode well.

Somehow, Kate immediately sensed my unease. I turned, and was about to walk out of her quarters, when she took me by the arm, and looked up into my eyes. "Be careful." She said, concerned.

I nodded, slowly, and walked out.

09:56 hrs EST, 15th May, 3008

Orion Starstation, Centris orbit, Alpha Centauri

Commander James Hamblin's quarters

Finally, back in my uniform., I thought with a certain degree of satisfaction, as I looked at myself in the mirror. I'd always considered myself to look rather smart in my Galcom uniform, my dress uniform especially. Somehow, it fit me, more so than any other piece of clothing I'd ever worn. There were times when I'd wear it, and feel like I was ten feet tall, able to take on the entire world.

I smiled, and thought briefly of Kate. I suppose every time I see a smile, I thought, I'll think of her. Chuckling quietly to myself, I turned, and walked out. Today was an important day. The new GCV Galatea was being commissioned at Earth's spacedock facility in Galcom HQ, and I needed to be there by fourteen hundred. It'd take me a few hours to get to Earth by shuttle anyway, so I downloaded a copy of Wells' War of the Worlds to read on the way there.

My mind wandered back to the message I had read earlier in Kate's quarters. More so than anything else that had happened that night, what occupied my mind was the expression on Kate's face before I walked out. In some perverse way, it comforted me to know that she obviously cared about me in some fashion. I smiled to myself, and walked out.

[/rp]

So, did I do good? Huh, huh?

Also, I know it's against regs to have a relationship with another officer, so don't bother telling me. tongue.gif

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

GCV - Galatea, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Galatea Exploration Wing

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Commander Hamblin (edited 10-08-2000).]

I am going to automatically assume that Kirin is in med bay with Akuma at this time...Heheheheh... wink.gif

[rp]

12:15 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Medical Bay

Kirin with downcast eyes and a pained heart watched the life instruments thrum steadly as Akuma's hand, now curled around the badge of Insurgent One lay motionless in her bed.

Letters of "Get Well Soon" and gifts like tiny stuffed teddy bears sat scattered on the floor and on tables. All of which were from her friends and from her crew.

From beside the bed his communicator flared to life and he reluctantly reached out and picked it up.

TO: Kirin Ororan

CONTENT :

Commander,

The following is FYEO. This message will autodelete itself in 60 seconds and will leave no records in your database. We need to meet to discuss a matter of the utmost urgency. You are to make every effort to travel to the Pixan Starstation and meet with myself, and nother representative on board the SS Vulture at 23:30 hrs, 18th May 3008.

Come alone and unescorted. USE alternative methods of transportation to reach your destination, and tell no one of your movements, or whereabouts. All will be revealed shortly.

End Communication.

Kirin stared blankly at the screen as it dissappeared from his databanks and then paused. "Commander?" He said his voice sounding strangly loud in the quiet Medbay.

He shook his head. "But..." He paused.

"Akuma." he said standing slowly and taking her free hand. "Akuma, I have to go. I'll be back." He brought his other hand up to caress her face. "I...I hope you'll be back to your old self by the time I get back."

He closed his eyes, clenching his fists. "I love you." Then with grim determination turned to leave for Pixan Starstation.

[/rp]

Ohh? What's this? Don't worry Blades...I have plans for Kirin, you'll still get your chance for Akuma's hand! Mwahahahaaha.

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

A question, Blades. Can anyone who wants to be involved recieve the special ops message, or only those who are directly involved in the first act?

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Ok gents. The message allows anyone from GalCom or the Insurgency to participate. This works under the assumption that the invited characters can be trusted not to spill the beans about this to anyone else. In other words, trustworthy (In the eyes of FC Savage and Rattler) enough to be involved. Earthcom characters can also get this if they wish to be involved, but remember - It's an organisation within Earthcom that is responsible for this, so Earthcom players may know somthing about a Black Ops organisation doing unsavory things within their ranks, but wont be privy to any special knowledge about it. Anyone from other casts could possibly intercept the message, but if they do, make sure it's semi realistic.

Jump in at any time gents. I gave you a green light, and a place to go. I'm not doing all the work for ya. smile.gif

I would say that was a green light for you Insurgents as well. Just make sure that you make your entrances contain the text message that Blades outlined above. Don't get too antsy with your postings, but by all means let us know you are in the Theatre of Ops.

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

13:09 hrs, 17th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick on patrol in Varan

Bridge

Commander Neena Polovoski again read over her datapad orders for the McKendricks current whistle stop tour of the Varan system. Issued by the Orion Fleets acting PR/Recruitment officer, Commander Greg Miller on behalf of Fleet Commander Savage and the GalCom high command, she was here to wave the GalCom flag and let the rest of the galaxy know that despite the Gammulan war, everything was a-ok and nobody should be too worried about it.

The reality of the situation was this : Command didnÔÇÖt want a high profile officer like herself and the crew of the McKendrick in harms way. Nor did they want her seen to be idling in Earth orbit, a mere figurehead for the recruitment office at Legacy. At least, not right now. For now, she was to keep the peace in Varan, and then on the 19th, return to Sol and bolster recruitment efforts.

She didnÔÇÖt like being a figurehead. She didnÔÇÖt like her ship being deliberately kept out of the Gammulan war just to appease the PR folks back home. She didnÔÇÖt like being a role model for a future generation of promising cadets. She wanted to be out there in the thick of it, pushing back the invading horde and making the galaxy a safe place to live without the fear of annihilation.

ÔÇÿToo badÔÇÖ was the unofficial line from HQ.

ÔÇÿNot good enoughÔÇÖ was her official reply.

ÔÇÿDonÔÇÖt make wavesÔÇÖ was the warning she got from Fleet Commander Savage.

The McKendrick was due to disembark from Earth orbit and make way to Varan when a single Interceptor from the GCV-Tsunami breached the Sol system and transmitted a coded data packet to her, requesting urgent assistance to help hold off a superior Insurgent strike force in Jupiter, a few days before. At that time, she had been going over her patrol instructions for the first time, and immediately discarded them in favour of breaking Earth orbit immediately and heading under cloak to Jupiter. Finally, she felt as if she was able to contribute to the Orion Fleet more than just bolstering fleet recruitment and giving lectures at the academy. Finally, she was going to be able to take the McKendrick into a war zone and do some good.

As things transpired, she wasnÔÇÖt needed anyway. Despite the skilled manoeuvring of her helmsman and point perfectly plotted course from her navigator, having the McKendrick under cloak, sitting a mere four hundred meters off the stern of Rattlers flagship, poised to decloak and blow the Insurgent Commander to atoms, she wasnÔÇÖt needed.

Of course, Savage had thanked her for her efforts. It wasnÔÇÖt every commander in the fleet that could navigate a minefield of enemy ships and position herself behind the great head of the beast, but still, she had been cheated of actually making a difference.

This angered her more than anything. More than the endless PR speeches, the flag bearing stints in alien systems, even more so than seeing her name incorrectly spelt on the end credits of the ÔÇÿChikuma IncidentÔÇÖ mini-series recently broadcast on terrestrial entertainment channels back home.

Neena Polovoski, decorated officer of the mighty Orion Fleet felt useless.

ÔÇÿCommander.ÔÇÖ Said Hawkins, the McKendricks communications officer.

Neena put down her data pad and looked up at her comms officer. ÔÇÿWhat is it?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿSir, weÔÇÖre receiving a tight beam communication on the gold channel, directed from a shuttlecraft that just entered the system.ÔÇÖ

Gold channel? ThatÔÇÖs a command priority channel, for use only in times of extreme emergency by high command personnel.

Neena was intrigued. ÔÇÿWell, lets see it Hawkins.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAye, sir!ÔÇÖ said the communications officer, and transferred displayed the signals content on the bridge viewer.

It took a few moments for the transmission to decode and display, but when it did, Neena Polovoski immediately recognised the man on screen who grinned at her.

ÔÇÿGreetings, commander. Hows tricks?ÔÇÖ

Neena smirked. ÔÇÿOh, just fine Kar-, ah, Commander Savage. WeÔÇÖre making excellent time charting random gas pockets and frightening the natives. CouldnÔÇÖt be better.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿItÔÇÖs good to see that command is keeping you busy, commander.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿYes sir. Command is keeping me very busy, sir. Thank you for the assignment, sir.ÔÇÖ

SavageÔÇÖs grin broke into a smile. ÔÇÿYou might want to watch that sarcastic tone of yours, Neena. Some of the brass might not be too impressed you talking to a superior officer like that.ÔÇÖ

Neena tilted her head to the left slightly. ÔÇÿShow me a superior officer, and IÔÇÖll show you how one should be treated.ÔÇÖ

Savage broke into a laugh. ÔÇÿTouche, commander. IÔÇÖll have to remember that one.ÔÇÖ

From somewhere behind Savage, an unidentified man behind mirrored glasses coughed loudly. Neena squinted at the Fleet Commanders companion, and found him to be vaguely familiar to her. She didnt know where, or when, but there was something about the man that 

ÔÇÿAnyway, enough banter for now. Prepare to receive us, commander. We have something important to discuss.ÔÇÖ

Neena Polovoski nodded at Savage, and felt a slight tingling in her stomach. Her instincts told her that something was up, something big. For a moment, she was reminded of how she had first felt back on the GCV-Chikuma all those years ago when Mallone took control of the ship. ÔÇÿAye, sir. Come around to 015 mark 17 and hold youÔÇÖre position. WeÔÇÖll be with you presently.ÔÇÖ

13:19 hrs, 17th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick on patrol in Varan

Shuttle bay

As the Orion Fleet commanders shuttle concluded itÔÇÖs landing cycle, Neena Polovoski and the ships marine sergeant stepped through the blast doors and up to the shuttle ramp. Slowly, the ramp descended, and amidst a spray of steam and coolant, Savage emerged and stepped down.

Both the McKendricks officers snapped to attention and saluted their superior. Savege quickly returned the gesture, then told them to stand at ease.

ÔÇÿSir,ÔÇÖ started Neena. ÔÇÿAllow me to introduce Sgt.Miller. He was transferred here three weeks ago from the GCV-Svensar.ÔÇÖ

Savage nodded to him. ÔÇÿSergeant.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿItÔÇÖs an honour to meet you, sir.ÔÇÖ Replied Miller.

Savage flashed a smile at the McKendricks commander. ÔÇÿHeÔÇÖs eager.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿYes, sir.ÔÇÖ Said Neena. ÔÇÿHeÔÇÖs also one of the most decorated marine sergeants in the fleet. He was transferred from Prime to, ah, well, help with the recruitment efforts.ÔÇÖ

Savage nodded his approval. ÔÇÿAnd IÔÇÖm sure you will be a valuable addition to an already fine crew. Dismissed.ÔÇÖ

Miller seemed taken aback by his sudden dismissal, but displayed it only momentarily. He snapped off a quick salute, turned on the spot and exited the shuttle bay.

Neena glared at him. ÔÇÿWhat the hell was that all about?ÔÇÖ she said.

Savage stepped up to her. ÔÇÿTwo reasons. One.ÔÇÖ

Savage stepped even closer to her, and without warning put his hands behind her back and pulled her close into him. Just as quickly, he brought his lips to hers and allowed his left hand to race up her back to her neck, and gently massage her nape while he kissed her.

Surprised by the sudden display of affection, Neena failed to fully allow herself to be taken with the moment, but as the seconds passed, she failed to suppress her desire, and kissed him hungrily back.

Just as urgently as it had started, Savage pulled back and released her. Neena regarded him with a quizzical glare. ÔÇÿWhat?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAnd two ÔǪÔÇÖ started Savage.

ÔÇÿAnd two,ÔÇÖ interrupted Rattler, as he stepped down onto the shuttle deck from the shuttlecraft. ÔÇÿHe wanted to give you something nice to fall back on while your brain did cartwheels trying to reconcile my presence here.ÔÇÖ

To say Neena Polovoski was surprised was something of an understatement. There, standing before her was Insurgent One, the most wanted man in the galaxy.

Instinctively, she brought her arm up to her mouth and began to utter into her commlink. Savage quickly grabbed her wrist, and firmly pulled it from her mouth. ÔÇÿWaitÔÇÖ he said, ÔÇÿand IÔÇÖll explain everything.ÔÇÖ

14:32 hrs, 17th May, 3008

Shuttlecraft Nimitz, en route to Centris

Flight Cabin

ÔÇÿOverall,ÔÇÖ started Rattler, ÔÇÿI think she took it well.ÔÇÖ

Savage glared at his unlikely companion, and shook his head. ÔÇÿYou have no idea.ÔÇÖ He said to the older man.

Rattler grinned, and from beneath his trench coat, pulled out a flask. Savage eyed him curiously. ÔÇÿWhat are you doing?ÔÇÖ

Rattler unfastened the clasp around the flask, and took a quick swig of itÔÇÖs contents. Gasping in appreciation, he offered it to Savage. ÔÇÿIÔÇÖm celebrating.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿCelebrating?ÔÇÖ enquired the Orion Fleet Commander. ÔÇÿCelebrating what?ÔÇÖ

Rattler withdrew the flask from his GalCom ally and fastened the clasp back in place. ÔÇÿFor starters, we now at least have a chance of pulling this off. To me, thatÔÇÖs reason enough for a celebration.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿTo me,ÔÇÖ said Savage, ÔÇÿweÔÇÖre one step closer to getting ourselves killed. I donÔÇÖt see why we should be celebrating that.ÔÇÖ

Rattler smirked. ÔÇÿYou worry too much.ÔÇÖ He said. ÔÇÿThink of it this way, at least with your commander PolovoskiÔÇÖs support, we can get into Earth orbit without having to explain too many things. And that, my friend, is half the battle.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿThatÔÇÖs the easy part.ÔÇÖ Said Savage, quickly making a course adjustment from his flight terminal and avoiding the path of a micrometeorite storm near the mouth of the Centris jump gate. ÔÇÿThe hard part is getting in and out again without getting our butts creamed. And thatÔÇÖs providing your intelligence is correct in the first place and heÔÇÖs exactly where you say he is.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿHe is.ÔÇÖ Said Rattler, confidently. ÔÇÿTrust me on that.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿIÔÇÖd trust you more if youÔÇÖd tell me exactly how you know this.ÔÇÖ

Rattler smirked again. ÔÇÿI cant tell you all my secrets, Karl. Lets just say, IÔÇÖve seen it in the cards and leave it at that.ÔÇÖ

Savage sighed. ÔÇÿI told you before, please donÔÇÖt call me Karl.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿOk, ok,ÔÇÖ said Rattler, ÔÇÿCommander Savage it is then. YouÔÇÖre far too tense, a young man like yourself should learn to have some fun. You commies need to lighten up. That Polovoski woman seems nice, you should probably ask her out.ÔÇÖ

Savage ignored him and just rolled his eyes. The next few days weÔÇÖre going to be very trying indeed.

15:45 hrs, 17th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick on approach to the Hereford Star base

Bridge

ÔÇÿI donÔÇÖt understand.ÔÇÖ Said Jensen, the McKendricks helmsman and executive officer. ÔÇÿWhy are we breaking our patrol and heading to Hereford?ÔÇÖ

Neena looked at her executive officer and then at the rest of her bridge crew. Quietly, she explained. ÔÇÿWe need to lose some weight. WeÔÇÖre offloading everyone but essential personnel before heading out again.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWhere to?ÔÇÖ asked Jensen.

ÔÇÿI cant say just yet.ÔÇÖ Said Neena Polovoski. ÔÇÿBut these instructions come from Fleet Commander Savage himself.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAre we heading out to the front?ÔÇÖ

Neena shook her head. ÔÇÿNo, not this time Tamara.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿThen what is it? A covert op?ÔÇÖ

Neena glared at her. ÔÇÿI told you, I cant explain just yet. All will be revealed soon. For now, youÔÇÖre going to have to trust me on this.ÔÇÖ

Jensen put her hands on her hips. ÔÇÿCome on Neena, weÔÇÖve known each other for years. You know I trust you, but when weÔÇÖre disregarding commands orders and you wont, as regulations stipulate, explain to me exactly why weÔÇÖre doing this, I have to ask.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿI know.ÔÇÖ Said Neena, ÔÇÿand Im sorry I cant tell you yet, but I wouldnÔÇÖt be doing this if it wasnÔÇÖt really serious. You know that.ÔÇÖ

Jensen sighed, then allowed her face to soften. ÔÇÿOk commander, weÔÇÖll do it your way. For now. But you have to promise me youÔÇÖll tell me whatÔÇÖs goin on soon, or Im going to have to make an official comment in my log. As regulations stipulate.ÔÇÖ

Neena glared at her. ÔÇÿOnce I tell you whatÔÇÖs going on, Lt.Commander, regulations are not going to mean a damn. I need to know now, do I have your support, or am I going to have to relieve you with most of the other crew when we get to Hereford?ÔÇÖ

Jensen didnÔÇÖt like her commanders tone. She sounded both agitated, and determined. Only once before had she known her friend and commander to be as tightly wound as this, and in that example, things had gone very badly for her, and her old crew.

ÔÇÿItÔÇÖs happening again, isnÔÇÖt it?ÔÇÖ asked Jensen.

Neena looked at her, tried to fathom exactly what she meant. Moments later, there was understanding. ÔÇÿItÔÇÖs different this time,ÔÇÖ she started. ÔÇÿThis time, we know weÔÇÖre doing the right thing. It has to be done.ÔÇÖ

Jensen didnÔÇÖt like the feeling gnawing inside her stomach. She remembered feeling the same way all those years ago on the Chuikuma, moments before stray laser fire brought her down from her post and marine colonel Mallone murdered Commander Stone in front of her. The memory of that day made her involuntarily shudder.

ÔÇÿCommander, I donÔÇÖt like this one bit.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿNeither do I Tams, but as I said before, I wouldnÔÇÖt be doing this unless it was absolutely necessary. Please trust me, and wait until I can explain everything.ÔÇÖ

Jensen took a moment to ponder the ramifications of what she thought she knew, then reluctantly accepted things as they were. ÔÇÿOk Commander, im with you. For now. What are our orders?ÔÇÖ

Neena smiled at her friend, and placed a warm hand on her shoulder. ÔÇÿFor now, we dock at Hereford, relieve most of the crew and await further instructions from our contact. But I need you to do something for me.ÔÇÖ

Jensen looked quizzically at her. ÔÇÿWhat?ÔÇÖ she asked.

ÔÇÿI need you to find someone for me, someone we are going to need in the near future.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWho?ÔÇÖ asked Jensen.

ÔÇÿFind me Diamond.ÔÇÖ Said Neena. ÔÇÿFind him, and bring him to us immediately.ÔÇÖ

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Guest Commander Hamblin

[rp]

14:00 hrs EST, 15th May, 3008

Galcom Headquarters, Earth Orbit, Sol System

Docking Bay 3

The cavernous docking bays at Galcom HQ, larger even than the ones at Orion station, always reminded me of the insignificance of myself in the grand scheme of things. When I saw some of the ship's docked there, it reinforced this feeling.

I stood among a row of Galcom senior officers next to a small podium with a microphone on top. All of the officers outranked me, and dressed in Galcom dress uniform. I wondered why the hell they were even bothering with this ceremony. These officers were most likely needed at least ten places at once. There was a war on, but from the looks on these officers' faces, you'd think it was nothing more than extra paperwork, and later hours at the office. I wondered if command truly knew much of what happened out there on the front.

My eyes slowly scanned the crowd. It was composed mostly of off duty Galcom personnel, civillians who enjoyed coming to see a new ship being launched, and the ship's compliment, who were to board and launch her once the ceremony was complete. Hopefully, it'd be short and sweet, as I was never one for ceremonies where I was the centre of attention.

The officer standing at the podium right now, a man with dark hair, grey eyes, and a noticably pale face, had just mentioned my name, and in response there was loud clapping from everyone present. Whatever happened to the good old days of simply giving a small ceremony on the ship's Bridge?, I thought with a twinge of nostalgia, my mind briefly wandering back who knows how many years to the day I'd taken command of the first Galatea.

I stepped up to the podium, and cleared my throat to get the clapping to die down. Once it had, I cleared it again. I was about to say everything I had planned to say, when suddenly I noticed, in the crowd, and staring right at me, was Mulgrey, the look of worry still etched into her face.

It disturbed me to no end, and for a few moments, I stood there, unsure as to what to say. The look in her eyes, just after I had finished reading the enigmatic message from Blades, was mirrored here, when she'd realised this was something quite serious. Her instincts were obviously too sharp to let me fool them.

I swallowed, trying desperately to think of something to say to the anxiously waiting crowd. I picked up the padd that was placed on the podium, and read aloud from it. "To Commander James Hamblin, from Galactic Command, you are hearby ordered to take command of GCV Galatea, this date. Signed, Fleet Commander Karl Savage, Orion Starstation, Centris."

I looked up, just as the crowd was clapping again. Half turning around, I looked up at the new Galatea, lights shining up at it and showing off it's newly painted hull to the crowd. Her officers and crew were already beginning to board, and when I looked back at the crowd, Mulgrey was nowhere to be seen.

I turned back, and shook hands with each of the officers, not bothering to listen to the "advice" they gave me as they passed. Once they'd gone, I turned, and headed quickly for the docking umbilicle which would allow me to board the ship.

15:30 hrs EST, 15th May, 3008

GCV Galatea , docked at Galcom HQ, Earth Orbit, Sol System

Captain's Cabin

Bloody hell, it's cold in here. I thought as I stepped into the darkened Captain's Cabin. "Lights." I said aloud, and they flickered to life, showing me a room that would seem to anyone else to be sterile, a dull grey in colour and atmosphere. I smiled, as I realised that not once in my entire career had I ever decorated my room with anything more than a few worn books which made up the entirety of my personal effects. That was the only thing I could see that was missing.

"Computer, raise temperature to standard levels." I said, feeling a slight shiver come over me. Instantly, the temperature rose to an acceptable level, and I smiled again. Now, this definitely felt more like home.

"Computer, play Beethoven's Minuet in G Minor." I said, relaxing down on my couch, and letting out a sigh of relief.

The music began playing as I closed my eyes, relaxing me almost to the point of sleep. I smiled. Beethoven had always been a favourite of mine, but then again, so were many, many other composers, from many different centuries. This piece in particular had never failed to raise my spirits.

My mind wandered back to my youth, when I'd spend time with my late Grandfather, who absolutely loved this music. He used to play it all the time, and I'd just have to hear the music slightly in the background to know that he was in his room, most likely letting the music relax him to sleep as it was almost doing to me now.

Suddenly, the music was interrupted by a bleeping of the internal comm system. "Mulgrey to Captain."

I stood up, and walked over to a nearby wall commlink. Pressing it, I said "Yes, go ahead."

"We've been given permission to leave spacedock, Captain." She said. I noticed that when she was on duty, her voice seemed to take on a very ordered, rigid, strict tone, like that of a schoolteacher, preparing to give a lesson.

"Very well, proceed at your discretion, then head towards Orion HQ in Centris. I'll be up shortly, Hamblin out." Shutting off the comm link, I noticed that the music had ended, and sighed, before slowly heading for the Bridge.

[/rp]

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

GCV - Galatea, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Galatea Exploration Wing

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 10-10-2000).]

Jamont, read back and you will notice I answered your questions (Answered everyones questions) regarding getting involved. Jump in at any time, but Im not doing it all for you. You got the green light already.

As for the rest of you, this is an RP thread. If you want to moan at eachother, do it in the brief thread, not here. Admins, can you edit or delete any posts that are not strictly on topic? Thanks.

(RP)

TO: David Foss

Commander,

End Communication.

Well, this just beat everything right out the window. The message was still seared into my eyes as I attempted to wake myself. Even though there was no record of the message in the computer anymore, I thought it would be burned into my retina forever.

Pixan. God, I hate Pixan. And McKay? What would she think, me taking off without a word?

She'd probably throw a fit, steal the Deterrence, and make a mission out of finding me... all so she could have the pleasure of whining (more like the scream of a banshi) at me about how I'd made her worry.

Well, I would find out when I got back...

If I got back.

The shuttle shot away from Orion Starstation, and I began the journey to Pixan.

(/RP)

Sorry for the short intro. I've now been up for 28 hours straight. I'm going to bed now smile.gif My brain's fried. If I can think of anything more to post, I will do so tomorrow. That additional info will include a revision that will include a timestamp.

------------------

Commander David Foss

GCV - Deterrence, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'This far, no farther!'

Very well posted Blades!

Now for this bickering going on here, Knock it off! Currently I'm bound by an agreement with Blades to not terminate any player entities. I'll abide by that agreement until someone really ticks me off. From that moment on, that entity is fair game! Understood?

Akuma, I still have that "Black Heart" called Jester out there at work now. I still see nothing of the "Artifact" showing up in your possession. Your NPC that has it is in serious jeoprady of not surviving this thread if he doesn't deliver real soon. Be advised!

For now, FC Blades, please continue with your utilization of my characher. You're doing an outstanding job of portrayal of my character. You and only You have this privelege to use me in the 1st person at the moment. Any Insurgent out there that wishes to use me in their posts should only use me as a message received. I don't want any of you disrupting the flow that Stacy has going at the moment, so pick your places carefully and fall in with the flow.

Jester, If you're really out there and are wanting to get in on this, Be Yourself! wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[rp]

09:25 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Spectre Station

Private Quarters

Finally! The last couple of days had been absolutely wonderful!! Wold don't know whether the statement 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' was true or if it was the combination of things. The explosive situation in Jupiter's region, life threating situation on Varan, or the extended absence from seperate duties. Looking into the camelion eyes of his wife he realized it was all the above.

Those eyes. It never ceased to amaze him how her eyes could change colours. They ALWAYS seemed to match her outfits somehow. Various shades of blue, green, brown, and gray. At the moment they had a steel-blue look with a deep sparkle as the empathic type thoughts went back and forth. A beep on his chrono interupted the thoughts...

"Well Nanc, we're late again." But his voice tone gave him away.

"Sure Honeybee, you sound real stressed over it and I'm sure that with your powers you can tell the shuttle driver to sit on his kiester until we get there." Nancy comments as she starts getting her backpack shrugged on. Grabbing his backpack comming the shuttle pilot.

"Wold here, Nanc and I'll be there in 5." And with that the hiking adventure on Antis was under way.

14:42 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Antis, Rattler's Mountain

Out of breath and hungry they found a nice hidden break from the wind and prying eyes. Laughing and just enjoying the beauty of the scenery and very strange wild-life as they set up camp for the night.

With camp established lunch commenced. Nice soft steak(non-synthetic), mashed potatoes and gravy and brownies for dessert. The sudden jolt on his arm actually caused him to jump enough to lose a bit of steak to the 'ants'. Looking at the wrist communicator Wold's heart thuds to a near stop:

Communication

TO: Wold

CONTENT :

Commander,

End Communication.

For what seems like an eternity his eyes stayed locked on the screen, unable to believe that priority message. His frozen being was startled back into action from the burning sensation as the communicator melted to useless junk. Ripping the communicator off he grinds the remains under his boot heal. Looking up, their eyes lock.

Nancy's eyes seemed to change to a dark blue, almost black colour as she reliezed the gravity of the message. Even though no words had been spoken she knew that this was way beyond the ordinary. She emmediatly begins packing the camp.

Cmdr. Wold grabs the backup radio, smashing the transmit button, "Shuttle 3, change of plans. Pick us up in 15. Cmdr. Wold out."

Turning to his beloved wife, giving her a crushing hug he wispers "The memories of the last few days will carry us through the dark days ahead. Your prayers and thoughts will be coveted!"

17:11 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Specter Station

Docking Bay 13

Cmdr. Wold wearing non-discript but baggy maintenence overalls boards a Zelon frieghter, headed for the black bowels of the unknown. Pixan Starstation and where would that lead?[/rp]

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 10-11-2000).]

0800hrs, 15 May, 3008

GCV Swiftsure docked at Vickers Shipyard, In Orbit of Mars

Commander's Quarters

Somerset stared out of the large viewing port of his cabin, with Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata playing softly in the background. In his left hand he held a holo that barely glistened with droplets of moisture. In the right was a glass of 30 year old Ambassador. Most would wonder why a Commander would be having a drink so early in the morning. However, Somerset had been awake all night long.

As he looked into the stars outside the viewport he saw himself looking back in the glare almost like a mirror. The visage he saw looked terrible. He looked almost as battered as the Swiftsure had when she entered the shipyard 3 months ago. Then there had been crude looking gashes cut into her hull, marring her beauty. She looked more like a piece of barely held together flotsam than the majestic Battlecruiser she once was. And now Somerset felt he looked the same way.

Their escape from what the press was calling The Wraith Massacre had been very narrow indeed. If Somerset had to call it anything it would have been simply the word slaughter. While all of those Commanders of the other Fleets had sat around drinking coffee trying to get off the dime his crews had been fighting for their lives, more often than not dying to slow the Gammulan advance. But that wasn't what prompted the night spent awake, or the drink at 0800.

He looked down at the holo, the reason why. As he stared down at the picture of his wife, he could only wonder Why?. Not long before he left on this patrol, Benjamin Somerset had come to the conclusion that after 17 years in the command chair, it was time to hand over the reins to someone else. Forty-eight years old wasn't exactly young, and he didn't feel it either. When the grav systems fluctuated in their last encounter with the Gamms, the 8 minutes of 2.6g left him with a 2 week long backache. It had been time to go dirtside, for good.

Then the war came along. And now he was stuck here. Not knowing where his relationship would go, and being unable to do anything about it.

The gloomy thoughts were interrupted by a chime from the communications terminal on his desk. Somerset slowly set the holo down and walked over to access the terminal. With a glance, he noticed that this was a gold channel communique. Whatever was contained in it must be important, he thought, beginning the long arduous process of decoding it. What he read there astounded him;

-----------------

TO: Commander Benjamin Somerset

CONTENT :

Commander,

End Communication

-----------------

It was the oddest thing he had seen in quite some time. But these orders could only be countermanded by Tac or the SC himself. Somerset didn't even know where Tac was. The Swiftsure wouldn't be ready for departure for at least another week or week and a half. And with his current mood, the crew would understand if he left with no explanation. Which is exactly what he was about to do. "Somerset to Kamarov," he said.

"Kamarov here, sir," came the Russian's reply.

"Ready the Eagle for immediate departure. I have some business elsewhere to attend to."

"Aye, Commander."

Good old Kamarov, never asking questions... Somerset thought. He went to the closet, and grabbed what he thought of as his 'field bag'. It was filled with essential items for a TDY of undetermined duration. After 27 years of service, one learned to be prepared for these kinds of quick departures. It would give him 3 long days to get there. And 3 days to figure out what to tell Jess.

As he left Mars behind in the Eagle, Somerset thought of how alternative his transportation was. She was a heavily modified P21 Vandal that he had captured 12 years ago as part of a smuggling ring. When she got put up for auction, he bought her, and now had his own ship. Most fighters couldn't make the trip in one shot, but the Eagle had extra room for fuel onboard by dumping the missile bays. It also had a fair sized main cabin for him to sleep in. Since he was the only one aboard however, he would sleep in the front.

I wonder what this whole thing is about... he thought as the Eagle shot into hyperspace. Toward Pixan Starstation, and whatever was to take place there.

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 10-11-2000).]

Right blades if you read my post good , you can see i posted a message to savage , if he could response to that in your next post i can continue up from there ... cause i doesn't work when i ask a question in rp and get no answer back.

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

Foss, You're a dead man! I wanted to post yesterday but I waited for you to do somthing with Kirin! Fine! I'm going to Pixar too! Neyh!

Rattler, above post...Akuma has your badge in her hand...Don't know if there was somthing else...If there was then, meh, Kirin's withholding it for some reason... ^_^

[rp]

09:25 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Shuttle

Cockpit

Kirin sat in the command chair with a heavy heart. Upon exiting the Centris space he felt like a thousand years had passed with no one caring who or what he was.

He loved her. He loved Akuma Minako, but he knew she could never feel the same. Maybe it was because he was her second in command? Maybe it was because he was her best friend, almost like a brother...He remembered her saying that.

His head snapped up as his comms flared to life. "What the hell?" He blinked as a hundred little lines of script flew by him. Then a voice broke through the speakers making him jump.

12:30 hrs, 15 May, 3008

Shuttle

Cockpit

Kirin's mind was reeling now. He barley knew what to think much less how to act to such a threat. His heart was pounding with fear. The voice had gone away now and for that he was thankful.

Reluctantly he began moving again and in a few hours would be arriving to Pixar...But now, he really didn't want to be there. Especially since his life was on the line...

[/rp]

Hey Blades, need to talk to ya about a 'twist' to the story. Mwahahaha. Talk to you about Three - Fourish my time. If we can't work anything out I'll edit this post. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Akuma Minako (edited 10-11-2000).]

Ok Jamont, I read your initial RP post again, and I cant help but wonder whats going on there. Firstly, as with everyone else, the invitation to get involved (The message from FC Savage or Rattler) is for the characters eyes only. Which means that itÔÇÖs the Jamont character, not his extensive network of intel guys that are involved. If you choose to get your intel guys involved, it presents a massive security risk to the operation, and I donÔÇÖt think it would do the story any good at this stage to have the whistle blown. Use your character (And just your character) to start with.

I suggest you edit the post and introduce yourself to the story in much the same way as the other have. With the included communication from Savage as a starting point, you can pretty much go anywhere from there. Remember, the purpose of this initial act is to recruit players to the thread. Once thatÔÇÖs done and everyone is at Pixan, things move forward.

Rich, thanks for the praise buddy. IÔÇÖll try to limit speaking for Rattler in the next couple of posts, and by the time things get interesting with this thread, the Savage and Rattler characters will be split up anyway, so youÔÇÖll be well on your own.

Akuma, as Rattler said, you need to sort that business with Kirin out quick sharpish. And where the hell is Pixar?

Everyone else, good to have you hear. Get your asses to Pixan!

And while Im here . We need more Insurgents!

I'm going as fast as I can... just crashed through about 6 major RP threads last night catching up....

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

The situation with Kirin was being dealt with, Akuma. In fact, this post was going to finish that whole situation. I'll have to think of something. We'll get Kirin out of that situation, though... presuming there is anything left to deliver to Akuma. If not, then cool smile.gif As for the badge, I'll explain it.

And, without further delay, I introduce a second character (not full-time).

(RP)

13:45 hrs, 15th May, 3008

Starbase Shuttle enroute to Pixan

I must have been drinking the night before. Three days away from the rendezvous, and I was already heading there? Why was I so anxious to go to a place that I hated? Spending three days there would likely have me spotted, and that info would doubtless reach the ears of one Kristen McKay before this... whatever it was... meeting, I guess, was over. On the other hand, if I simply reversed course, it would make it almost impossible to sneak out a second time.

The answer was not forthcoming, but the solution sure was. Indeed, as I thought about it, it seemed more an more likely that the answer to why I had left early was the embodiment of that solution. I leaned forward, opening a private link. "This is Commander Foss to Doctor Sarah Ellingson, please respond."

It took a few moments before she responded, but before I realized it, I was staring at the woman who had so fully captured my attention for the past two years.

"Do you ever stop being formal, David?" She asked, not bothering to hide the frustration in her voice. She was not completely upset at me, but clearly, she still wished I would say hello, first.

"Not when it's important, Sarah. Did you talk to Kirin?"

"Yes, I did. You were right to think it was him. He agreed, though I have yet to check up on her. He didn't seem too thrilled when I relayed your message. Kirin up and disappeared about an hour ago. I'm trying to track him down, but I've had no luck, so far."

"Better to leave security to something like that. Leave a message with Station security to inform us when they've located him."

"Us?" She asked, startled.

"Aye. I've got something planned. Meet me at the spaceport. A little spur of the moment activity. It's been a while since we were in the same room together."

She blushed faintly, then cut off the link.

I let forth a small grin as I reprogrammed the route into the shuttle for a direct course to Earth. If she left Orion Starstation now, she should just be able to make it.

(/rp)

My way of passing the three days between the receipt of the message and the meeting time. For the record, Blades, when this whole thing is about to be wrapped up, let me know before the thread closes smile.gif

------------------

Commander David Foss

GCV - Deterrence, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'This far, no farther!'