Politics and the Meta-game

Okay friends, here it is. I had some questions of a substantive nature about the political and strategic aims of some of GALCOM's political enemies. Specifically I was wondering this:

[*]What exactly is the nature of the conflict between GALCOM and the Gammulans. Having read the docs from the UC appendix, they appear to be in some kind of cold war. Is that it? Is there some historical parallel I can use to make sense of this when I put together RP?

[*]The Insurgency originally wanted a decentralized government on Earth. Now this was before first contact. I'm trying to figure out why the Insurgency is still trying to work over GALCOM since the universe got bigger. Isn't there such a thing as a common cause?

[*]GALCOM's battle against the Insurgency cannot, if the number of insurgent bases on EVERY GALCOM planet is an indicator, be a "thorn in GALCOM's side." This has got to be nothing less than a big time civil war, right?

Well, those are some of my questions. There are more, but I'm interested in writing some good stories for this setting, and I wanted to be able to more richly describe the powers that be.

Thanks again,

ZM out.

Guest Shingen

Now that I have time, I'll see if I can answer some of these. They might not all be correct, but I'm sure someone will step in if I'm wrong.

1>- The Gammulans are a totalitarian, warmongering race. They wish to subjugate the entire galaxy under their iron fist. GalCom, along with their allies, are commited to insure that this doesn't happen.

2>- There isn't much written about the Insurgent political cause. I would guess that they are trying to subvert GalCom and set up their own government on Earth. You'd really have to ask someone in the organization.

3>- Most probably.

In reality, most of the other races haven't ever been "fleshed out" in RP. There are some RP stories that include the Vesperons and other races, but mostly you have to make it up as you go.

My best advise is that if you are looking to write RPs that include specfic "powers that be", write them.

I'm writing one now that will involve over 6 different races, their governments and such, and I'd like all the help I could get.

But, ultimately, the final say belongs to Derek.

So any major additions and changes to the political and/or social makeup of BC3K races MUST be approved by him.