Windows XP Professional

Guest $iLk

Aahh, new windows. Wait, is this windows or Linux... no, it looks more like OSX... oh, wait, OSX is Unix/Linux... so windows is trying to be like Unix? oh... wait, aahh, there it is

<5 minutes pass>

Whew, that answers that. It crashed for no good reason. Well, I was making a strange face and fondling my mouse. But, that confirms it. It's really Windows Man, that was close. Right up until it crashed, I was sure I had a MAC or at the least a penguin.

Oh well, insert cd --> boot from cd --> a: --> fdisk --> format c: --> setup.exe --> Aaaah, win2k and all's ok.

Why I tried to upgrade from a rock stable OS, I'll never understand

quote:

Why I tried to upgrade from a rock stable OS, I'll never understand

That's why I'm in win98SE. Generally have no problem, a few BSOD from time to time.

I switched from win95 osr2 to win98SE because I needed the ICS for my network (which will be restored REAL soon ), and win95 didn't had that.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows XP is showing great promise... My first fault was when i updated my drv fro my GForce 2MX 400... XP told me what the problem was... So i just went to my vid device properties, click "roolback" drv, and bam, DONE! I switch to the normal looking GUI, and so far, i am very HAPPY (W/O the Happy GUI) with XP. XP Pro w/ a Enterprise Code is the greatest thing since... Well BCM kicks its ass! I recomend it...