Life

CommanderJohnson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am indeed an old fart and damn proud to be one.

I have no pretense that I am hip or "down" with

what is perceived as youth culture. I am also prone to generalization and to lesser or greater extent , so are most other people. My statement regarding self gratification was flip but based on some empirical evidence( I spend 20 hours a week doing psyhco-social profiles on adolescents

that ask questions like 'how often do you masturbate)Futhermore I was trying to add some levity to a subject that had gotten pretty heavy.

DL I go out of my way to be unoffensive but not to the point of draining the emotion and humor that has served me so well. I was really impressed that someone Dredd's age was really devoting time to a subject of that nature and it was IMO a testament that at least in his case (they) are not all generation 'less' as some would have us believe.

Lastly, I am not senile. I would be happy to match you synapse for synapse any day any time any place( except when Wheel Of Fortune or Lawrence Welk is on the TV) So there! What was I saying again?...I've forgotten. Oh crap..forget about it.

lawrence welk??? why in the name of all that is sacred and holy would you ever EVER want to watch the "bubble man" for???

although im not quite "old"... well in 2 years i will be, but i am getting STML... does that count?

and unfortunately i have gone back to grooming my wookie...

and enough of misery... remember there is always someone out there that has it worse. life sucks get a helmet mine has a big 8 ball on the front.

[ 09-13-2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

yeah there is someone out there who always has it worse. but really and truly that can't make you feel better.

If you're down and out...you can't just say!!! OH looky...little kids starving...i have it good...let me get out of bed all cheerful and sing my way to work, because my plight is not as bad as theirs. Your phsyce just can't allow it.

true but it just goes as an example to think that personally, im not homeless (yet) im not starving (yet), and that it keeps me motivated enough to keep what i got.

as for the ones that are worse off than me... i feel for them i really do, but there would be no way i could do anything without me winding up in their place as well... thats not going to happen, i have a child to raise, and i have to do it alone. and i am not going to jeopardize what ive got cemented.

im a very generous person, but when it comes to my son nothing is more important. im the provider, im the mother im the father, im judge and jury to him... i have to make sure he has a roof over his head, food on the table, and clothes on his back.

again for those that do have it worse off, i do feel terribly sorry, but, it also motivates me to get up every night and goto work, so that we dont end up like that. does that sound to cruel??? if it were just me, i couldnt give 2 shits, but where i child is concerned, priorities change real quick.

[ 09-13-2002, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]