Battlestar Galactica Redux

Supreme Cmdr

This sounds seriously cool. I'm the kind of person who always gets disgusted about how utterly unrealistic some parts of space opera are (or is that most parts...), but this sounds like a change for the better. I might actually have to get a TV again.

I'm with you SC. I've been following the stories on Ron Moore's "update" for a while. I guess I shouldn't judge until I see it, but IMHO he's losing site of the original's spirit and unnecessarily tinkering with characters.

Starbuck, the boozing, smoking, gambling, womanizer is now a woman? Apollo who virtually worshipped his father Adama now hates him? Come on!

I'll probably catch some crap over this, but you know what show I wish someone would update? Space: 1999. How cool would it be to see the moon blown out of orbit with modern special effects? And I always thought the Eagle transporters were cool!

Until about the 2nd episode of Galactica: 1980, I was an avid fan. Part of the reason is that I strongly believe that man didn't start on this planet, and, as I will explain later in the Bible thread, dinosaurs would make that highly improbable.

Anyway, I liked the way they handled Kobol in the original series, but have always felt that they should have stayed longer in that area, learning all they could. Yes, the Cylons were a problem, but I suspect there were technologies there that could have solved that problem; maybe once and for all.

Guy with a gun coming after you. You must leave. But there may be weapons you can find right here. Decisions, decisions....

Bring it on in any form(except Galatica 1980). There is no way it can suck more than Voyager and Enterprise. How about a war with the Rommulans like the one alluded to in Star Trek the Enterprise Incident. They alluded to a pre Federation war with a faceless enemy. Any way Galactica would be a needed change in any form

[ 12-11-2002, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Race Bannon IV ]