Neocron download version is out!

Epsilon 5

*shameless ad I hope no one minds*

-----

Neocron is the world's first and only MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) that combines a dense, Cyberpunk atmosphere with the look, feel, and ease of use of a 3D first person shooter. Play with (and against) thousands of players online in the post apocalyptic world of the 28th century. You become a citizen of one of the last mega cities on Earth (Neocron) and it is up to you whether you want to experience exciting adventures or just lead a normal life in this virtual world.

Important Note: The free trial of Neocron is currently available only to FilePlanet Subscribers. A credit card is required as proof of identity, but NO CHARGES WILL BE MADE to your credit card during the 10-day-trial-period.

-----

We're been waiting forever for the download version of the game to come out (Rated M), so come in and discover the huge world that is Neocron!

Maybe the server populations will go back to beta levels ...

There are 2 4-character english servers (uranus and saturn), 1 single char german server (jupiter), 1 single char french server (venus) and 1 single char english server (pluto)

Pluto is considered by many the hardcore server, because you can't run and hide in another character when you're in trouble.

-----

Characters : Epsilon 5 (passive monk) || Epsilon 4 (heavy weapon gentank)

Clan : MaDji

Faction : Biotech technologies

Server : Pluto

-----

Me and my clan will gladly answer any question n00bs will ask us, in hope of recruiting more people to our cause, so come on in, and have fun!

Neocron is a huge world

After a political disaster, an Earth in a golden age blew itself up with massive nukes, covering the planet with heavy radiation and creating massive changes in the landscape. After the discovery of the Ceres discs, a complete archive of human technology, said to be able to give any primitive society nuclear technology within 10 years, mega cities we're build by humanity's remnants, but by no means those cities are an utopia, where greed and power are still driving values of the society.

The game itself boasts excellent graphics, a pretty large amount of weapon you can use, and use a RPG-like character building system, where you level and assign points into subskill so you can use better weapons or handle your current ones better. Combat is a FPS-RPG hybrid, where your personal skill matter much about the outcome of a fight, but you need you have a "target" under reticle to hit it, unless you're using area effect weapon.

Time goes 10 times as fast as normal, and there's a day-night cycle, and it rains. The large city of neocron is small compared to the outside world, called the wastelands. Fight hundreds of types of creatures in the grasslands, the swamps, the steppes, the desert, the canyons or even the mountains. Earn money, earn experience, earn rare items, earn power! Fight for the control of Outposts, which grant your clan a specific advantage in the sector of one you control and, of couse, money for your clan funds.

Play and fight in one of the 12 factions, including CityAdmin, the ruling faction led by our esteemed leader Lioon Reeza, Biotech, neocron's leader in implant and enforcement technology, the Tsunami Syndicate, mafia of the new world, the idealistic Fallen angels, and even the rebellious Twilight guardians, who seek for the fall of Lioon Reeza's dictatorship

A useful link for those who seek specific details about Neocron visit the popular website http://neocron.ems.ru/

I recommend that any new player read the character creation section

P.S. The downside of the game is that it still crashes alot, although it has improved alot since the ~2 months I've been playing. If you cannot tolerate crashes and get frustrated easily, don't play the game. The servers are ALL in germany, as Reakktor is a german company, so don't expect pings under 100 ...

I have learned to look PAST those negative elements and enjoy the game.

I have entensive knowledge of the game, ask me anything ...

thanks for reading

quote:

Yeah, text only, pleaaase.

Pu-leeze! YOU said to name one free MMOG and I did. YOU said nothing about graphics or text. Graphics are not everying in a game. And, if you want to get technical, it is not text only. If you'd bother to play it, you'll notice that there are ASCII graphics if you will. Not state of the art, but still graphics nevertheless.

quote:

Runescape and graphics to boot, not text.

Thanks, Darkling..another freebie MMORP that I had forgotten about.

Anyways..we're off topic, time to get back on it.