More rubbish from me

Guest Fox__Trot

Guest Fox__Trot

I was thinking that a StarTrek game based on the BC serries would be great... I mean the problem with most star trek games is (if they even delivers a good experince) that it delivers a very select portion of the ST universe

A game like battlecruiser allows one to have a total roam experince if they choose... I mean wouldnt it be fun to go galavanting around the galaxy in youre very own rouge galaxy class ship? or if you choose you could fly some of the fighter vessels from the ST universe (Seen in the DS9 Serries *A time to stand / Sacrifice of angels comes to mind*)

of course some sacrifices would have to be made on the BC style of gameplay.. You'd have to cut repair times WAY down (and if youre playing the federation they'd be free) Secondly: planets would have to become a bit smaller in scope since travell time from point a to b is fairly long in BC... and ships (captial ships) wont be able to fly into the atomosphe without ripping apart (except for the intrepid class of course)

anyways thats all my thoughts on that ... I'll proably keep all my rubbish thoughts in this thread

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fox__Trot

Mod? Anything by the SC? HAH!

More rubbish from me!

Today as I sit here waiting for my cereal to go from hard as a brick to some state betwain soggy and dry I looked at an insturction manual for "Battle Zone 2" if anyone hasnt played that you should check it out www.chipsbits.com might have a copy for sale..

the BZ serries I enjoyed for its zipping around from place to place and being both the COMMANDER (build everything person) and a regular solider... plus you got to choose youre "Command" Vechicle such as a light scout or one of the heavy tanks or even a turret if you wanted to...If you've played BZ2 it -is- possible to have the computer act as commander and just play as a regular soldier (only in the land multiplayer btw) which was very fun since the computer could put up a real fight/challange

If there were a BZ 3 I'm sure I'd buy it

Well the spoon has just sunk to the bottom of my ceareal bowl indicating that its quite soggy now (the cerreal that is) so I'm done here for now

Back with thoughts on freespace 2 tommorow if I get around to it

StarTrek mod?....mmmmmmh....

Its now like 6 years that I dont run 3DStudio,dont remember how I worked with it.But you can be sure you will have a little Star Wars mod for UC available some months after I get my hands on it .I sitll have the models of frigates,fighters and cruisers I did with the first 3DS,I will have to check if I can convert them to the actual 3DS,anyone knows if its possible?

Cant wait to play UC with my BCMK1,and cant wait more to play it with my Nebulon-B class frigate "Ypress"

Guest Fox__Trot

Could you imagine if per say Startrek met Freespace?

It'd be neat (of course it'd be TOS not TNG or Ds9 or voyager or Enterprise)

anyways I said I'd talk about Freespace but I've no desire to do that so im not going to

Is UC really going to be modable? I mean this is a BattleCruiser game we're talking about here.. or is the SC really planning on making UC mod friendly?

Well I booted up homeworld 2 again today turns out gamespy has deactivated my cdkey and I cant get it replaced/fixed/wahtever since i dont have a recipt for a game i PRE FRIGGIN ordered

oh well

quote:

Originally posted by GhostPilot:

StarTrek mod?....mmmmmmh....

Its now like 6 years that I dont run 3DStudio,dont remember how I worked with it.But you can be sure you will have a little Star Wars mod for UC available some months after I get my hands on it .I sitll have the models of frigates,fighters and cruisers I did with the first 3DS,I will have to check if I can convert them to the actual 3DS,anyone knows if its possible?

Cant wait to play UC with my BCMK1,and cant wait more to play it with my Nebulon-B class frigate "Ypress"

I WOULD LOVE THAT! I can imagine cruising around the Star Wars universe with my Victory-Class Star Destroyer, with Lambda class shuttles and everything! And We could have multiplayer, where we can emasculate the Rebel Scum! Then I would switch to the Rebels and restore order in the galaxy.

I'm dreaming again

Guest Fox__Trot

Trek - not wars

Im sitting here waiting for 5:30am why? today is house decay day in UO (ultima online) today all the houses on inactive accounts begin to fall again...

Today is the day... I must stay awake

Feel bad for me, Up til 5, up again at 8

-Fox__Trot

quote:

I WOULD LOVE THAT! I can imagine cruising around the Star Wars universe with my Victory-Class Star Destroyer, with Lambda class shuttles and everything! And We could have multiplayer, where we can emasculate the Rebel Scum! Then I would switch to the Rebels and restore order in the galaxy.

I'm dreaming again

heh. good idea but wrong universe

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Me and Epsilon5 played a mod for Battlezone2 that was pretty fun... can't remember what it was called though.

Was it Forgotten enemies, dubbed the unnofficial expasion to the game? (the story is great, but damn it's HARD). They added new races, new ships, dozens of new maps for multiplayer, a bunch of IA scenarios, changed most special effects to make them more spectacular, added maps, weapons, a full storyline with added voice (i always thought that the ISDF commander sounded like Blades, but he denied that by saying he (the ISDF dude) didn't sounded like a real brit)

I can't believe the bz2 boards are still actives. Makes me want to seach for the bz2 cd again and see what they were able to do. Last time the game has severe memory leaks. I wonder if they ever got the unnofficial 1.3 patch out...

*sigh* i wish someone would make a bz3, or another rts/action game hybrid, since i don't think anyone else tried that.

[ 01-20-2004, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Guest Fox__Trot

there wont be a bz3 for a long time for the same reason there wont be a freespace 3 for a long time... The company's developemnt focus changed

However the reason i've re-posted in this topic is taht everyone would click

HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fox__Trot

Im glad I made this thread it allows me to keep all my thoughts in one collected thread and not clutted up the board

Well now it sounds like UC is going to recive limited support due to the $20 sale price, which I fully agree with this was not produced at "Bargin" prices and the game sales proably wont even cover the costs of production much less post release support.

I wont buy UC until I hear how long ill have to wait til UC gold/the next BC release

Ah well nothing new there so then right now I recomened you all come play Ultima Online on the atlantic shard and drop me a line

Icq 13517969

Have fun everyone ill post something when i figure out what to say

Guest Fox__Trot

The Rubbish strikes back:

Today I joined a bowling league

So i bowl'd a lousy 60 points (average over 3 games) and both my teamates bowl 200+'s thus giving me a handicap of 114 (this is a non-competivtive RCC-My collage-bowling league) so basicly if I improve any at all I'll have an easy time brakeing 200;s

Joy Joy: this is the first game of bowling I've played in 8+ years - we bowl once a week on wednesday - we'll find out if I get better

Still I enjoy this We'll see how I do in a week I hope

In other news what's everything think about Farcry i've been looking at it and thinking of buying it just wondering if anyone owns it yet and what they think of it

foxtrot i gotta say i love you for starting this thread.

i had to ask anyone else visit the news and announcements forum recently? in the spot where it says recent visitors, i am seeing names i have never seen on this board heh, plus 32! visitors.....man people pouring in to look at what's going on.

Guest Fox__Trot

[Cue mars by gustav holst]

Anyone rember the game outpost? Earth's destroyed, Gotta find a new place to live, then you build you're colony... and just about any mistake and everyone dies...

Great game outpost, Outpost 2 was a nice follow up - and it was a RTS rather then turn based, it was an OKAY rts I didnt care for it because the damn "Plague" that infected the world of Outpost 2 would wipe out anything if you didnt beat the set time limit

Timelimits suck

-out

Guest Fox__Trot

Well I was just reading a book and got to thinking about the game black and white... if you havent played it - it's a god game be good or be evil - so on and so forth

well it occured to me know how people who rule through cruel methods and usually arent well liked? Well in BW2 you'll have armies and the like... so wouldnt it make since if armies of "Evil" gods got bonuses while fighitng on territory they own but got HUGE disadvantiges (large conversion rates per say) when fighting in an enemy *GOOD* god's territory

where as a GOOD gods armies would lose morale (and be more likely to route from battle) in an enemy *EVIL* gods territory - simply because of the "vile" area -

just some thoughts

have fun

Guest Fox__Trot

DSB's fun but these days its chaos or tench wars

dsb's still very much around - trench wars ia as popular as ever - and all the "svs" zones are now either Chaos Zone or Warzone... I play chaos used to do some dsb myself...

And since i've been talking about subspace alot lately im going to tell you all what subspace is..

Subspace is a 2d top down game where you fly one of eight ships each with there own strengths and weaknesses... these "Abilites" are alterd from zone to zone... some zones (chaos is a zone for instance) use SVS settings - svs means Standard Vie Settings - which means ships behave normally some zones like Extreme Games use fully "pumped" up ships - instant refire rate, Extreme turning speeds, and very fast top end speeds - once you find how you like to play you'll find youre style

I play as Fox__Trot on chaos zone

subspace can be downloaded here http://premier.shanky.com/

just look for "Download Subspace/Continuum

FYI: Continuum is the "new" client for subspace - designed by the fans after VIE abandoned SS

fox trot. i was watching re runs of ds9.

one part particularly struck me.

all of a sudden a brain storm hit me...and everything fell into place, what I wanted to do, and how it could be done and that I could get it done. and not just something to start...but to finish. I fried all my brain with this one, still smoking...

i know you have no idea what IM speaking of. but i figure my return to subspace will come in the form of a new zone.

ss needs new life...trench wars bites...(ive played it a lot, bites now)

DSB no fun really now for me. never play the rest.

so in my great return to subspace. I will create a zone. and because you returned me....you must help.

p.s i loathe you