When News Ceases to be News

Forever Light

This disturbed me.

The story itself doesnt disturb me but the fact that a "news" company is "projecting" what the news "will be". At that point it stops being news reporting and becomes an attempt at news manufacturing.

I couldnt resist but to share so thats why this is in the rubbish pit.

This is the headline at CNN at the moment although im posting here since it will change quite soon...

"Kerry wins Delaware, Missouri, CNN projects"

And the brief snippet of the article...

"Democratic front-runner John Kerry WILL win primaries in Delaware and Missouri, and John Edwards in South Carolina, CNN projects. Seven states are holding primaries and caucuses today."

They of course have their insurance in the "CNN projects" portion but its disturbing that they should be projecting anything of their own accord in the first place.

You shouldn't expect any less from the Communist News Network.

They ceased reporting raw news during Operation desert storm. Watching Wolf Blitzer running around on a rooftop like a scared little girl was priceless news bungling

After that it seems that CNN is only interested in reporting what they think we should hear and see.

Guest Fox__Trot

Who cares what any major poll/news network says their making a guess at a possible outcome of the future...

and honestly I learned not to care years ago about possible guesses at the future so much can happen in a day

Your right though, half of whats on the news nowadays just isn't important to the average American with a life.

Can we say the Janet Jackson incident? The news could of wrote a book as much as they talked about that.