Hurricane Frances

Supreme Cmdr

you and I derek. Seems Charlie is sending his big sister to trot over poor ol' Orlando too

Really pissy situation too... we had just finally bought almost a months worth of frozen food (meat, fish, lobster, etc) and now we get another one coming on us to take our power away again.

ARGH.

Board up them windows, raise shields & tie resnig to the dish in the roof. Good luck Derek & others in Fla!

Guest Grayfox

i do feel sorry for you guys down there... 2 hurricanes in what, 2 weeks? one reason im glad im landlocked... cept here we worry bout tornadoes.

good luck you guys down there

Screwed?!?1 We're not screwed; we're f*cked. Again.

I live in the city of Weston which is just outside Sunrise and about 30 mins from Fort Lauderdale and I'm on the direct path if it maintains its NNW course.

I just came inside from helping my guys put up the shutters around my house. In 92 degrees weather.

Yesterday, it was a mad, mad world, trying to get supplies. I can't wait to poison myself with Carbon Monoxide, once I get the gas grill going. Indoors.

Yesterday morning and today, I did a full off-shore backup of all my systems; updated my laptop etc. If the roof goes, my laptop is coming along for the ride.

I remember hurricane Andrew back when I used to live in Miami many years ago. Half the roof? Gone. I don't even want to think about that. Luckily, all the new homes (like the one I'm in) built post-Andrew, are up to special hurricane codes that are supposed to withstand CAT 5 hurricanes. We'll see.

Frances had better not be Andrew's long lost boyfriend or it could be as bad as this.

Odd, The eye appears to be collapsing... and there seems to be a lot of wind sheer on the northern side of the storm... The storm may well weaken before it makes it to florida. It's too strong to collapse right now, but from the looks, it may very possibly lose much of its punch...

I wonder what the NWS has to say on some of that...

it seems to have slowed down now but still strong wind-wise (which is bad) ....but it seems to have taken a more northerly course (which is good..well for fla that is).

And theres ANOTHER hurricane coming in from the atlantic as well.

I think Im beggining to like the solution proposed by the 7yr old girl i sometimes entertain while the 'old folks' chat in the living room:

All of FLA should take out their fans, point them East and put them on HIGH. Push it away

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

It's the end of the world. I just know it.

OK, we know that you hate most all movies, but proclaiming the end of the world for a hurricane that isn't even close to the most disastrous hurricane of all time - and which didn't end the world - is ludicrous.

Good news.

She's only Category 1 but she's BIGGG!!! And the latest theory I just read is that she could travel relatively "straight" across florida, nip the gulf, and strengthen again. Ughhh.

Projected path graphic from weather.com