baby stuff

Cruis.In

it sure is going to help me in my rearing!

And might help too for in negetive things develop.

But it is so interesting, wish my printer wasn't broken...I'd like re-read it, get all the stuff in my head and do it with my baba

I have 3 of the little rugrats, and they are ALL different, no matter how you raise them, one of them is going to be a rule breaker and general hell raiser, it is just a matter of pushing all that in the right direction.

My son is the general rule breaker and halle raiser, he has a semipermanent black eye, and a bruise on his forehead that never seems to disapear before there's another one in it's place.

Tell him no, and he does it anyway, he has to learn for himself and there is no helping him further.

He's a challenge, but I sear, the kid is gonna kill himself before he's 4.

well I don't mean to raise them to be angel or devil, I mean it sure will be fun just running these little tests. Did you read it?

Staring at something see if he'll looked towards it, it is really very in depth and informative.

It is interesting to me because it is More to let you know what is going on, rather than thinking you can develop him/her one way or the other.

Am i the only one that thought that stuff was just statingthe obvious? I came to some of those conclusions myself about my kid but was told by the pediatrician, and other experts that it was my imagination and fatherly pride. What a crock!

After having three of them, it is blaringly obvious to me.

What is really funny, is that my wife is CONVINCED that a baby cannot manipulate you, because it just does NOT have the capacity, BS, babies will manipulate you in any way shape or form they can, and if you think that they DON'T do it on purpose, you're fooling yourself.

It is a survival trait, and babies will do whatever is necassary to survive, and manipulation is just one tool in their toolbox.

My eldest was able to wrap me around her little finger, she figured out what worked, and what didn't work before she was 1, and did what worked whenever she needed to.

Babies are smart little buggers, and have FAR more thought capacity then anyone thinks.

Problem is, that babies do CUTE things, and are excused for bad behavior, "because they are babies", when they get older though, they are MUCH more direct, and if not dealt with quickly, can become a REAL problem.

yes, Jag is right, babies will try all sorts of things until they find something that gets them what they want.

e.g. if screaming their heads off gets you running over straight away to pick them up and cuddle them every time, they will do it constantly, even when nothing is wrong and they are perfectly capable of getting your attention in other ways, because you will be teaching them that screaming their heads off is the best way to get your attention.

If you know the baby has been recently fed, changed and washed and is screaming in bed when it should be asleep, wait 5 to ten minutes. If it stops, then there was nothing wrong and it is on the way to learning that screaming and whining is not the way to get what it wants. If the screaming continues after 5 to ten minutes, then go and comfort/ see what's wrong, because screaming for 5 to ten minutes will not do them any harm, and they will fake it less and less when they see it doesn't work, saving your nerves a whole lot of grief. It will be difficult to ignore their screams to start with, but it gets easier, and as long as they get plenty of cuddles and attention in general, then they will know you love them and will grow up healthily (at least emotionally).

Talk to other parents about their experiences, and decide between you well beforehand what sort of behaviour you want to encourage and what you want to discourage. Make sure you are united and stay united in your standards, because there's nothing more discouraging for a mother to hear than "But daddy said I could". Consistency is also very important. Some flexibility is necessary, of course, but remember that the more flexible you are in the rules you set, the less effective they will be and the more trouble you will be storing up for yourself.