3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raziel

Happy Devil day!

Jawohl!

Aramike says...

Dude, you can edit your posts. Therefore, please refrain from posting consecutive posts in the same thread in order to keep this site easy to search and read. Thanks.

[ 06-06-2006, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: aramike ]

LOL!

UP THE IRONS!

It's actually 6606, not 666, besides which that prophesy was talking about ceasar Nero, so it's already been fulfilled, so 666 is no longer important in any way, shape or form.

sorry....

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

It's actually 6606, not 666, besides which that prophesy was talking about ceasar Nero, so it's already been fulfilled, so 666 is no longer important in any way, shape or form.

sorry....

Erm... I'm God-fearing Bible-reading guy and I'm fairly certain that prophesy has yet to be fulfilled.

From Revelation 13:16-18"16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

It simply could not have applied to Nero because Antichrist, the one who is to require the mark, is to die not by suicide but by murder via a blade to the head and then is to be resurrected.

[ 06-06-2006, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: aramike ]

I'm not a a god fearing bible reading type of guy, but I am a religious history nut, and Ceasar Nero fit all the criteria for that specific Prophecy.

Most religious historians, note, I say historians, agree with me.

John, when he wrote revelations was discussing the current times of his day, the antichrist of his day was indeed Nero, Nero, spelled in Aramaic came out to 616, which is the actual number of the beast, but when spelled out in Hebrew, it came out to 666, which THEN became the number of the beast.

John was indeed describing Nero, because Nero was most definitely the anti-christ of those days.

Hate to disagree, but that's how most historians see it.

Ah yes, debate time.

quote:

I'm not a a god fearing bible reading type of guy, but I am a religious history nut, and Ceasar Nero fit all the criteria for that specific Prophecy.

Not even CLOSE. The people who say that are the same ones that believe we didn't actually land on the moon. I would like to see the names and texts of said "historians" as well.

Also, how can you say he fit ANY criteria when you're clearly ill-informed of what that criteria is?

quote:

Most religious historians, note, I say historians, agree with me.

Most? I can't find any. But I can give you 1000 links to the contrary, INCLUDING the History Channel, which ran several prophecy-based shows only a few weeks ago.

quote:

John, when he wrote revelations was discussing the current times of his day, the antichrist of his day was indeed Nero, Nero, spelled in Aramaic came out to 616, which is the actual number of the beast, but when spelled out in Hebrew, it came out to 666, which THEN became the number of the beast.

Actually, wrong. Read Here.. Now, read here. (Above links are from the History Channel's website and I'm pretty sure it reflects the opinions of ACTUAL historians.)

In a nutshell, here's what's relevent: Nero died in 68AD. Most ACTUAL historians believe that John wasn't banished to the Isle of Patmos UNTIL at the EARLIEST 69AD. Even then, they believe that it most likely occurred between 81-96AD during the reign of Domitian.

Now, click here: www.dictionary.com. Look up the word "prophesy". The word is generally defined as "prediction", or "foretelling". It does not mean "history" in any way.

Conclusion: How could John PREDICT the actions of Nero in the Book of Revelation when Nero was DEAD at the time ACTUAL scholars believe John wrote Revelation? Revelation is a FORETELLING. Describing Nero would have been a RETELLING.

Furthermore, you've only described Nero as fulfilling ONE POSSIBLE descripter of Antichrist. The actual prophesy requires the Jewish temple to be REBUILT during Antichrist's reign -not destroyed- so the Antichrist can defile it. Actual prophesy dictates he must be murdered and then resurrected by Satan. Actual prophesy requires Isreal to be attacked from the NORTH prior to Antichrist's reign - not the south.

I could go on here, but suffice to say, most historians apparently agree with me. I think the historians you refer to are guilty of trying to fit the prophesy to Nero, rather than the other way around. The problem is that, to do so, you'd have to completely ignore OTHER prophesies. How can you say that prophesy 1 is right while 2 is wrong? You either have to take or discard it ALL.

However, I will say this: the day 6/6/06 means absolutely nothing. It happens every 100 years.

quote:

sorry....

You do know how to take the silly fun out of things don't ya.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

sorry....

You do know how to take the silly fun out of things don't ya.

LOL, yep, I know it....