More Space Structures?

After playing I-War for a while , I realized how much space structures like refineries and shipyards and other stuff helps the player "get involved" with the game.

Although I-War does not compare to BC3K, I think that BC3K would be more fun if there were refineries, ore processors, factories, etc in space/land (why not in the air? Cloud City anyone? hehe).

I think that one thing that made Privateer a hit was its trading aspect.. you had to take minerals to a refinery which in turn made refined ores which you could take to an industrial complex, etc etc.

BC3K has TONS of trading items, all easily classified as either minerals, weapons, tools, food, art, etc. In danger of becoming un-original, why not use the Privateer trading concept in BC3K? Each race/caste could have a different sell/buy price depending on its location and motives (I dont think Gammulans would care much for artwork, but a human military outpost would pay good money for weapons and beer hehe).

I know this may add some AI and processing power problems in the game, but those installations wouldnt have much (if any) defensive weapons or things like that. In fact, I wouldnt mind if they didnt have an AI at all... just place a few defensive ships around it at all times (or an ODS orbiting it).

These installations could be in deep space, in nullspace, around planets, etc.

Furthermore, those installations could affect the owners. Less resources, less chances of surviving.

Now, before the CIC tells me that it would require a major re-coding to do this and as such he wont (my, I'm getting too used to this!), I would like to say that this would be VERY cool and, in my opinion, would enchance the game tremendously.

Again, just a wish, a thought, and still waiting for my V2.0 copy,

-Tac-