http://www.bc3000ad.com/shots/bc3kshots5.shtml

http://www.bc3000ad.com/shots/bc3kshots7.shtml

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 07-25-99).]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think im too shocked to cry.

What Vid card were you using Chief? I dont think my aging Monster I will ever get those effects (upgrade time again... =$$= ).

Love those trails! YES! :-)

The corridor gave me the that gritty feeling of Aliens. Awsome S.C.

Damn good looking ship. Shall we light the fire? Or excuess me while I light my Battlecruiser? Awsome.

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 07-24-99).]

Guest Remo Williams

Outstanding this is going to be way ahead of its time your the man sc!!

------------------

Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Guest Fleabag

This is only my second post so far. I have been content not to say anything so far, but I thought TORTURE was illegal. And all they have got for me is a V1.0 copy of BC3000AD in my local Game. Gimme!

Just added one more.

Those were taken on a TNT card in OpenGL mode.

Thats just some of the new specialFX in our new graphics engine sporting some of Steve's awesome fx. Thats nothing, just wait.

The corridor is a bit dark because thats how Shawn started it off. I'll get some better ones in high res once the bridge is completed.

Don't forget that the bridge in the game will be in 3D but that has nothing to do with the Strike Pak level included in the game (where this corridor shot came from). From the start of the game, you will be sitting in a fully 3D bridge and be able to walk around it in 1st/3rd person perspective and still be able to see outside. If you want to use a terminal, ie, the bridgeviewer or Logistix, you'll just walk up to it and press a key. You will then be greeted with the usual familiar (though different) bitmap for that system. When you are done and the screen goes away, you will be back in 3D (just like in v2.0x when you switch from the 3D world to Logistix or so).

So, your ship could be hurtling thru space and you can be walking around the bridge and staring through the bridgeviewer (a smaller view of course and if you want the fullscreen version, just activate it like any system). Your other bridge crew won't be animated and they will just sit, in 3D, at their terminals.

The only difference between the in-ship bridge and the one you are in when you enter the SP, is that for the in-ship bridge, you can't leave the bridge and go to other parts of the ship. Think of it as a 3D cockpit (like in some sims) but we are building the entire bridge in 3D. When you do activate the SP to go to other parts of the ship, you will be the SP version of the bridge, from which you can go to other parts of the ship, the only difference being that the external 3D world will be halted.

The 3D bridge will be a CONFIG option for those with low end (P233) machines.

Yes, we plan on kicking butt with BC:3020AD and so far, you still ain't seen nuthin' yet. Heh, wait'll you see the new surface terrain technology (PTE-II) that Gerhard is working on (which will be rendered using Steve's new D3D/OGL rendering extensions).

..of course, I'm working my butt off putting all this together. smile.gif

Derek! You were listening! I am glad you thought that keeping the feel of command at a bridge was important. I think you ought to expand on this nuance as the game continues to develop.

He, He...

{RP}

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

(jumps up and down on the deck)

Paul!! Why can't this ship look that good why, Paul? Communications are we getting that correctly? Paul, you haven't been screwing up the Main Viewer's refresh rates again have you? Why can't my corridors look that good? Who did they get to do theirs?

( The crew eyes their commander nervously, Paul stands at rapt attention. The Comander eyes the viewer one last time and turns away)

Cut it off. I can't take it anymore. Why me?!?!!?

(Paul walks up to his commander as the viewer shuts off, returning to the black starfield. He puts a hand on the shoulder to console him)

Sir, that's the ship as you well know.

I seriously doubt you're going to get command of her. Remember, the Supreme Commander always says "Its ready when its ready." Maybe when GALCOM comes out with the little 1/900th scale models, the crew will pitch in and buy you one to put on your desk in your ready room. We might even get one that has sounds and blinking lights!!

(The Commander looks up and eyes Paul trembling with rage)

I.....don't...have....a....desk....remember?

The last litter of intruders that got aboard this ship put a bomb in my ready room because someone changed the orders of my Marines that I had on search order to prepping the ration...packs...for a ....planetary....assault...Remember...PAUL?

(The Combat officer gulps nervously and stands rigidly at attention as the Commander circles him and finally comes to a stop behind him. The commander motions to the Marine standing guard on deck for his sidearm)

Old habits die hard don't they Paul? What are you, Paul number 59? I would have hoped we would have gotten it right by now.....

{RP}

END

smile.gif

------------------

Commander Parker

GCV Exeter

ICQ# 38644032

"Gracy is Pregnant"

LOL Firehawk!!!

SC, the shots look AWESOME! Keep this up and I won't have enough money left over to buy the game!(will have spent it all on low cost diapers) smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MerfGlurf (edited 07-23-99).]

(RP on)

Mommy! The SC is being mean to me agaaaain! He won't let me play the game!!!!!

**throws a temper tantrum on the deck, then gets up and remembers how old and WHERE he is....**

(RP off)

Ahem... SC, that is... I have but one thing to say... take as long as you need to finish this game... that'll give me the time to save enough money to either upgrade or replace this 100 mHz system (the only reason I don't call it a POS is because (a) I'm still using it, so I don't want it getting mad at me, and (B) because it still works very well... for a dinosaur smile.gif... Try running v2.x on here... it's slow, but way too fun. I'd buy 3020 in a second even if it didn't run properly (or at all)... I'd place it in a dust proof case until I could run it. You probably can't spare one of your monster systems for me, can you? smile.gif

Guess in the meantime I'll just have to drool over the shots. Can you spare the money for multiple keyboards? smile.gif

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

SC-I thought that my antique PII 200 MMX was doing OK. There is going to be some major mods. coming up frown.gif. I am at a loss for words at what I see. When, when, when?? I know, when it is done. It's like saying, "I got a surprise for you, guess. Very frustrating.

Congrates, it looks maaarvelous just too maaarvelous for words smile.gif.

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

Tac, Steve sent me a screen shot from his Monster Voodoo1 card in response to your question (I gave mine away to one of the commanders here). So, don't dump that card just yet.

LOL, that was funny Firehawk smile.gif

Oh yeah, I added one more screen shot.

Imagine those trails in TacOPS with a bunch of ships flying around. I'm thinking of doing motion blur for the hyperjump sequence, if it works out, it would look pretty cool from the external cam view...either way, we're gonna kick ass and take names.

Call me optimistic, but I'm pretty damn sure my P233 MMX w/ 64 meg of ram and a Voodoo 1 will be able to handle this game just dandy.

No really, a lot of the games that have come out lately (HG2, Hidden & Dangerous (kicks ass!), etc) run just fine on my current system..

I'm confident... yes... >)

------------------

Cmdr Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

Parias: Optimistic wink.gif

Oh man, those trails look really good SC. Would be dangerous in 3020, say to tail a ship with its "trail" activated (or is it on all the time?), or not?

A motion blur, man that would be sweet. Are those antimatter nacelles on the Starion gonna light up before the blur? Whew, I need to take a chill pill.

------------------

Commander Parker

GCV Exeter

ICQ# 38644032

"Gracy is Pregnant"

Firehawk, just wait and see. smile.gif

Joaquin, just FYI, I talked about the Strike Pak almost two years ago but I did not have the technology to do it, nor the time. I've always wanted to be able to walk around my ship in first person. So, unless I missed something, what was I supposed to have been listening to?

btw, guys, take a look at one of the new shots above and you'll see what happens when you let intruders get to the bridge. The first person with the answer that fits the picture in deck1c, gets a cookie. smile.gif

I can see it now! The SC's been taking lessons from "Marquis de Sade" lately. He's leading us all over the new ship, and we're following him! wink.gif I'll keep following him, 'cause, ultimately, this little tour is going to end up on the bridge! When we finally get there, I'm going to grab that pic and plaster it all over my desktop. A worthwile ambition that keeps me hot on his trail. biggrin.gif

BTW, Great Job SC! My compliments to the Chef! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Looks like he's making a quick retreat to the nearest emergency exit, smile.gif Safehouse, turboshaft, commanders quarters for his sidearm, etc.

I like the deck plates, they are just how I imagined them. Well not exactly but these pics solidify what I imagined. I like to think the little black spots are traction plates (like those things you put in the bottom of your bathtub). I could be wrong but it's a nice mental image and just as I imagined.

I like the wall architecture too. Cool.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Answering to the S.C post above. After inspecting bcdeckc3.jpg my guess would be that round structure near the wall is the hatch. So when we catch the intruders we throw them out that hatch smile.gif. Well that's what I'm guessing.

Well, SC, that looks like a VTOL tube on the right. So, if my deductions are right, those Pesky Insurgents have taken whatever ship was supposed to be on that platform and "BORROWED" it, since you were kind enough to fuel it, arm it, and leave it in such a nice place. smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Guest Ron Wallin

Since the answer is supposed to be in keeping with Intruders on the bridge, here's my best story to fit the question:

Not wanting you're alter-ego on the bridge to be killed by said Intruders, the gamer has gone to the tactical menu and sent his on ship persona either to crew quarters, medbay, or some place lacking intruders.

In short: Intruders on the bridge = dead BC Cmdr. = New game.

Either that or a,b, and c are sequential shots just after the BC Cmdr. spaced the intruder through the airlock and he's headed back to the bridge smile.gif

Akira

SC, I still have War&Peace waiting for you smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 07-25-99).]

ok here goes sounds a bit far fetched, but he's in some kind of subdeck heading toward the bridge turboshafts "emergency access", I would guess that the circular piece to the right is some kind of elevator that goes to the bridge, in an emergency the floor drops the commander down to this level where he can use the turboshaft to get to a safer location. this is most likely totally wrong but my line of thinking it that section on the floor looks like it would fit together with the ceiling, making a solid deckplate. it obviously can move too far or the safty precautions on it would be a nightmare, first ion storm u hit when the thing is on a different level and Paul just might have an "accident" and fall in. so I don't think it drops too far, and it looks like the commander is heading towad a small room, it just wouldn't seem right for a commander to hide in a closet if u will trying to escape from intruders, so my guess is that is a turboshaft, since it's still labeled deck1 for the pic, I'd guess that this is some kind of subdeck in deck 1. and that my guess. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

GCV-Eclipse