BATTLECRUISER MILLENNIUM ANNOUNCED!

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Icebreaker

Oh - another thing. You said in the press release that "you look forward to the rest" regarding questions on Battlecruiser Millenium can we start a thread of Q&A's please.

Thanks.

SC, I'll bet you get like million thank you notes, but I'll write one anyways, because I don't write that many messages here.

Thank you VERY much!

I haven't played the game in a couple of months, because I upgraded my system and gave my Voodoo2 card to a friend. TNT2 won't do too much good! Well anyways I am so happy that I don't have to wait for 7-8 months to play BC again. Christmas demo, here we come!

Something to say about this Forum, even though I haven't played the game for awhile, I still read the forum every week, very HIGH quality and entertaining reading.

Harri, one of your Finnish fans!

Harri,

the game should run on a TNT2 in Software Mode. As for the game play, both modes are virtually the same, so you get all the fun of the 3dfx version as well, missing only some FPS and maybe some graphics, but the game plays the same!

So you don't even have to wait until Christmas, you can play your actual version now! smile.gif

Just be sure to install the latest patch, it improved the game, and thus the fun, a lot...

Back to topic...

It looks, like we will get some nice graphics improvements in BC3K:M(illenium). Derek, those nebulae, that you mentioned - will they be true 3d nebulae, where we can hide within? wink.gif

Cya out there.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Looking very nice, there, SC! but what will the system requirements be (cringe, hoping that somehow he will be able to play on an AMD K6-200) BTW, I saw BC3k being sold in a couple of different games bundle boxes in Argos a couple of days ago. Looked like it was probably v 1.00. I could be wrong, though.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Ben, BC3K v2.0x is not out yet in Europe. All bundles out there are v1.0x.

Icebreaker, another thread? No. Post your questions here. And the first person to pollute this thread with nonsensical wishlist related questions, when I have already detailed the new features in BCM, will get locked out for a week. You have been warned.

Guys, stay on topic please. Thanks.

Millennium specs are on the products page at

3000AD Products Page

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 10-07-1999).]

SC, I'm speechless. I'm sitting at my computer, my mind reeling at the possibilities (and ways to upgrade my processor frown.gif ) and I can think of absolutely nothing to say, except... You rule.

OK, questions:

1 What options will we have in terms of caste when playing both SP and MP?

2 Do we start in the MK1 battlecruiser and work our way up?

3 Will you be using the new models?

4 Can I help?

This is like being a kid in a candy store.

Now all I have to do is budget a new processor and more RAM before Christmas

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Guest Icebreaker

I'll buy it too.

Getting a little nervous as the recommended specs are creeping towards my boundaries .... I better start saving for that PIII/Athlon and hope the UK RAM prices come back down!

Roll on Christmas and that Demo!

Badgerius

1. Dunno yet, but obviously not as many as there are in BC:3020AD (naturally)

2. No. You start with the new MK3 model,

minus the manual docking feature.

3. No. Except for the MK3 Battlecruiser. Just like I said. Strike 1 smile.gif

4. Yes. Buy two copies

Thanks, SC, I've been warned. smile.gif

Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here. If it gets me kicked out for a week, so be it.

You have never spelled my name correctly.

I know it's a handful, so feel free to shorten it to Badger or Badg. It's not a huge deal, but it's been bothering me, and I felt I should mention it.

------------------

Guest William Foster

All I have to say is way too cool SC!!! While my funds are short I'll be purchasing millennium. Multiplayer fun is just a few months away!!!

You had a hard time keeping it a secret didn't you SC?

Bill

Guest ATan0895

At the risk of swinging at a missed pitch, SC, I only have one question:

Will BC3K Millenium feature a Free Flight mode?

In order to assist in expanding the BC3K franchise, I think I'll take your advice and buy 2 copies...there might be some poor unfortunate gamer in the world who's never heard of BC3K...opportunity to earn some good karma smile.gif Thanks!

One of the features mentions 3-D Perscan computer. That isn't the feature that lets you walk around inside your own ship in first person is it?

BTW I'm sorta kinda new here. I've followed the game ever since I read an article about it's nero-net AI back in the mid 90's. I've bought the V1.0 CD the V2.0 CD and the huge manual but have been sorta sitting back waiting to dive into this game until I saw exactly where it was going. Now that I know I think I'll start playing :] Sorry for the clutter, just felt the need to introduce myself.

Welcome to the BC Universe Vorpal! Start getting those Command skills up to their peak buddy... MP will be quite interesting smile.gif.

SC: Somehow I imagined the man from the TV Series "Millenium" sitting in front of his computer, turning it on, then a Galcom Logo spinning pops up with the words "There are 112 Days Remaining" (BC3K music plays in the background... "will blow you away"....).

Gawd I'm rambling again. Need to sleep...

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

Atan0890 - Perfectly valid question.

The answer is Yes. There will be Free Flight and the ACM. Whoever is hosting the game, decides what mode to play. So for instance, you guys could play the ACM scenario in co-op if you'd like. You guys can also play any script that is written (I promise to finish the GBS by the end of the year). Since the game using an interpreted kernel, it will simply transmit the .MIS file (and any other files) to everyone currently logged on and ready to play on the host and thats the mission that gets played. If you guys play Free Flight, then, you will launch from the station of your race/caste and do exactly what you are doing now to the NPCs, to each other.

The server can also determine the saturation of NPCs and can even turn them off completely. Since the game already keeps track of everything, if say, 8 people are playing Free Flight and 4 are GALCOM, starting off in Earth region and the other 4 are Insurgents starting of in Sygan, then, you guys could either take out each other's assets (and each other) and the game will just score based on EPs for each side. You can also choose to stop the game under certain criteria (all part of the script you are running) such as number of gained EPs, kills, destroyed assets etc. You will also be able to capture stations etc. The reason

I'm limiting play to 8 people so that you all have another reason to buy BC:3020AD smile.gif but even with 8 people playing, you guys can play with different castes, just like other team co-op games. So you could have a trader flying a transport and whose sole job is to collect cargo pods and trade in order to provide supplies (thats what the player to player trading/transfer does) to his side. For instance, if you are too far from a station or you can't get to one, one of your buddies flying a transport can just send you all the stuff you need, including repair materials, weapons etc, so that you can survive. Of course, I'm giving traders armed transports or they'll be sitting ducks.

You can't choose your ship in BCM (another reason to get BC:3020AD) so a ship is given to you based on the race/caste that you play. Everything that you can now do in the game, you can do in multiplayer except for probes. You will not be able to use them because it forces the mp engine to send updates for regions you are not in and this will make the game processing suffer. You will also be able to play on planets as you now do.

Also, if anyone has seen the Halo movie, put it out of your mind. BC:3020AD has a driveable buggy (1 driver, 1 gunner and 2 passengers) just like the ATV and you will be able to drive around it. In BCM, you only have the ATV, which I don't think is that much fun and of course, only you can drive it (or you can have it in AI mode). Only BC:3020AD will allow different players to control other entities. So you could have different people in an ATV, shuttle, IC and even the BC's turrets, as well as station's turrets. Thats why it's mp supports 64 people.

Vorpal - read the manual

Tac - go to your room. smile.gif

At the risk of fighting Tac for the top bunk in the brig, I'll take another swing.

Will artifacts be implemented in free flight mode? For example, will I be able to find artifacts in free flight mode, either by checking the various stations and starbases, or by blowing up transports? They could be created like any other actor (LRT-10 containing RANDOM device, for instance), at random, go to a specific destination, and vanish again. Or appear in the inventory of stations or bases at random intervals.

(If this is already happening in the BC3K universe, and I'm not aware of it, I will do the honourable thing and attempt a new free fall record by sky diving from GalcomHQ)

I hope this isn't out of line... *Cringe*

------------------

SC

Having read your latest post in this thread, and since .MIS is all that is passed between gamers, please allow me to ask the following questions:

a) Will the Host be able to save and then resume a game ?

This would be useful for LOTS of reasons, specialy if the host could assing each client to the same entity as before.

B) What would happen to a players vessel if he decides to leave ? Would it become AI ?

If so, would it be possible for either him or another player continue later ?

Once again I would like to state that BC3k M. will be more than wellcome!

Best regards

Pedro Mota

------------------

Pedro Mota

GCV Furia Selvagem, ISS

15th Space Marine Battation