Battlecruiser bridge prototype

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background definitely makes a difference in a viewer's perspective. NOW, I like the latest edition more than previous models. smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

I still like the look of the first, with the display in there the second looks a little too much like a flat display instead of a VR Bridge. The first gives you that plugged in electronic feel.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

Could you do a combo of the two? The second one looks more progressive and better and really grows on you, but the first has depth. Could you do the second one, but curved like the first (cringe, not wanting to add too much to the SC's workload)

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Gotta go with the first one, Derek. Looks like something off of the movie, The Matrix. I like it.

------------------

Commander Parker

GCV Exeter

ICQ# 38644032

"Gracy is Pregnant"

Given the fact that I haven't been around a whole lot lately, I hope I'm allowed to toss in a vote here somewhere. The first one definately caught my eye as being the better version, and still does. The second version, as was mentioned, looks too much like a screen interface rather than a VR hookup. The information on the first pic is better placed, in my opinion. It doesn't interfere with any of the other readouts.

Meanwhile, if you look at the second shot, it seems to me that all the info on the left hand side of the screen would end up taking up that entire section of the screen (maybe the larger text size is messing with my head, but smaller is better when you're trying to maximize viewing space).

I vote for the first version.

Just as a curiosity, I noticed the HUD info reflects the border graphic (with the menus and such). Am I correct in assuming that changing the color of the HUD will not affect the border color?

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

Final prototype is up

www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shots/bc3020ad/bcbridge1.jpg

Though resolutions up to 1280x1024 is supported, this proto is 640x480 to show that even those with lowly PII-266 machines, can still play wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 12-01-1999).]

it looks alright though I still like the first, quick question though is this another version to vote on or the one that was chosen?

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

Voting has ended. I tallied the results of you vocal minority, plus those of the vocal majority in the beta testing team and the primary dev team and went with this final design.

Notes

quote:

ICM - Interface Command Menu (was Bridge Command Menu accessed by left-clicking *on* bridge)

MTC - Manual Turret Control (access to all 3 turrets)

VCM - View Command Menu (access to all external views)

Each of the above, when clicked, displays a small pull-right semi-transparent menu with the selections.

I'm going to have 'tool tips' (a CONFIG on/off option) which will pop-up a description of any and all

hot areas on the bridge. So, if you move the mouse over MAP, 'Navigation Map' will be displayed in the area *above* the MFD.

You can also select targets from within the NID and TACSCAN, using the mouse, as well have an on/off toggle for all 3 MFDs.

The other Frontend screens (Logistix, Tactical etc) will adopt this new design scheme.

Final question b4 I shut up for a while and head back to my hole. If we want we can command from the 3d bridge and not use this display? or is this the primary display that is used at all times, wether you are on the bridge or not?

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

ok I'm going back to my hole, looks like I though this was for BC32K and not BCM. sorry. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

• 2 weeks later...

**HIC**SPUTTER**COUGH**BLUB**GASP**

"I get a few days leave and come back all rested and you guys have remodled my battlecruiser, then you yell surprise!!!"

**SIGH**

"Here we go again, I just got settled down after all those neat ship designs now I'll have to find my Prozac."

**UMMMMMMM**

"That's better. Now I can take it all in."

I hope that there is someone out there that will be able to play this new game with the current tec equipment that is available. Bless you SC, the blue halo for the VR is much easier on the eyes. Looks great and if BCM doesn't hit the shelf pretty soon I will be certifiable. smile.gif">....<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 12-09-1999).]