Return To Mars.....

Supreme Cmdr

Hot DAMN! Cripes, and in at least a month or two, that could be me down there, on foot, taking annoying pot-shots that do no damage in a pathetic attempt to divert fire from the base, or something smile.gif Man, nothing to get me worked up at 1 AM like shots like these..thankee SC!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

vwery nice SC, nice thing to wake up to biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

Nice shots!!!

can't take the anticipation much longer though...

------------------

Vice Admiral Andergum

ICV Gummy 1, New America StarStation (Midae)

Fleet Leader - Eversor Fleet

http://www.firstworld.net/~andergum/

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 09-08-2000).]

Thanks guys. We're hard at work making this the best damn BC title, ever.

Parias, you can do all that...and with your multiplayer friends too. Imagine some jackass, perched on a nearby hill - with a BMP-9, taking potshots at folks making a beeline for the weapons, medic or repair station. biggrin.gif

Or fancy being caught behind enemy lines, out of ammo, out of gas and badly hurt. Radio in for support troops and have your friends drop-launch cargo pods with supplies, from airborne vehicles....assuming they make it to the LZ.

btw, in case you were wondering, in one of those shots, I was standing on the nose of my Garid cruiser and looking down at the ATV I just vacated.

And did anyone notice that I have all specialfx turned off (engine contrails, wing vapor trails etc)? You'll see why in about a week, when the Renegade's tour of duty (btw, check GNN for more on this) takes it to Sygan. biggrin.gif

I'm sure that this type of torture is illegal. I'm still trying to clean the lint off my eyes after they popped clean out of my head!

More, we want more smile.gif

Correction: We NEED more!

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-08-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Thanks guys. We're
hard
at work making this the best damn BC title, ever.

Parias, you can do all that...and with your multiplayer friends too. Imagine some jackass, perched on a nearby hill - with a BMP-9, taking potshots at folks making a beeline for the weapons, medic or repair station.
indent]<P>[i][b]You
wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,
Battlecruiser Series

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 09-08-2000).]

&*@!!!%%$$@@ !!!!!

Damn, that **** is tight! Awesome!!

quote:

Imagine some jackass, perched on a nearby hill - with a BMP-9, taking potshots at folks making a beeline for the weapons, medic or repair station.

That jackass could be me... heheheh

Can't wait to show you people just how good my sniping skillz be...arrrrrhhhhhhh

It may be you space, but it will definitely be me up there. Thanx to sniper training and experience gleened from Counter-Strike (a Half-Life mod) I've got a reaction time that is inhuman and accuracy to boot smile.gif No one will be safe!

*feels his UT head-popping instincts take over*

HARR!!! Bring the BC into the atmosphere, all me snipers perched on the wings and nose (outside the ship) sniping all the goggle eyed twinks and panickes babies running to their mommas... muahahahahahah

*thump* *thump*

Parias, what does a mouse have to do with anything? Having a Boomslang (POJ IMHO) doesn't engender skills. Nor does it have anything to do with the sweet shots of Mars or the senario DS proffered...

Check yourself there mate smile.gif

quote:

HARR!!! Bring the BC into the atmosphere, all me snipers perched on the wings and nose (outside the ship) sniping all the goggle eyed twinks and panickes babies running to their mommas... muahahahahahah

Yes Tac, you can do that too, depending on how fast the craft is moving. I wouldn't try that on a fighter thought. Certain crafts/vehicles, are flagged as support platforms, which means you can climb on them and stay put, without falling off. Theoretically, you should be able to perch on top of a shuttle being flown by someone else or an NPC, and take pots shots while in flight. I haven't tried this myself yet though. Certain restrictions are going to be put in though, eg, at certain speeds, you'll fall off (and will most certainly die based on fall altitude), at certain altitudes, you'll die due to lack of air etc. Heck, I can just picture some goons perched on top of an ATV as it goes bulldozing into buildings and throwing everyone off.

And since you have a jetpack (certain classes of personnel), you can fly to the top of buildings, perch on their ledges etc.

Like all BC games, the possibilities are endless. The only feature lacking (and thats just due to lack of time and resources), is the ability to actually enter buildings (as well as stations) in first person - but thats going to be in GCO next year.

Guys, this is going to be beeg biggrin.gif

I like it! I like it! Maybe ill even land on top of some entrenched goons and squuiiish em. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

What are you doing posting in the forum? You should be coding! Every second here means an hour of delay for the release of the game! wink.gif

Kudos SC!!

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

What are you doing posting in the forum? You should be coding! Every second here means an hour of delay for the release of the game!
wink.gif

How do you work that out, Tac? Sounds like too much caffiene to me smile.gif

------------------

Commander Robert Martin

GCV-Dark Knight, GALCOM HQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet

S26 Commander, Beta Wing

quote:

Heck, I can just picture some goons perched on top of an ATV as it goes bulldozing into buildings and throwing everyone off.

And we all know who the driver would be.... wink.gif

Either that or I'd be buzzing my BC around nearby at dangerously low altitudes.. then I'd just pass off navigation to my radioactive garden gnomes, climb into the top, and start lobbing grenades and crap.

I can picture it now.....

*Birds chirping, scene shows a secure Galcom base on some unidentified planet, officers and vehicles minding the peace. One suddenly looks up in concern*

Marine: "What the... INCOMING BATTLECRUISER! All stations to full alert! Take up defensive formations!"

*Turrets power up and aim at the sky, vehicles assemble in formation and prepare to fire. Ground rumbles as Parias' Battlecruiser is seen coming rapidly towards the base, just a few mere meters above the ground*

(Inside BC)

Parias: "MWA HAHAHAH! Radioactive garden gnome #61, you have the helm! I'm heading up there to dish out the pain!"

*Parias crawls out airlock, laughing psychotically. Begins walking dangerously on outer hull, slipping once or twice. Marines see Battlecruiser fly overhead and begin firing, smoke begins to fume out from the damage*

Marine: "Yeah! KEEP FIRING!"

*Parias begins throwing hand grenades, dangerously overcharged weapons, undetonated missiles, and sack-fulls of doorknobs off the hull as ship begins to buckle wildly. Marine looks at where the Battlecruiser is heading and waves for a cease-fire*

Parias: "HAH! They stopped shooting! Truely I am the l33t-est of l33t!"

*Marine watches as smoking Battlecruiser continnues flying at a low altitude and insane speed, zooms directly past the base and impacts against a nearby mountainside, exploding into thousands of tiny pieces*

smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

LOL, Parias.. Maybe you shoud start givingthose garden gnomes a bit of practice b4 BCM smile.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

Guest aramike01

I can see it now: Blades on top of some shuttle, screaming orders at his troops like the fearless leader that he's not. Me sneaking into shuttle, eliminating any resistance on the inside. Me flying shuttle into space, Blades' eyes popping out of head ala Total Recall. biggrin.gif

A beautiful picture. Thank you, SC!!!

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet