This aplication has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
If you get this or a similar error when you try to run the game or you bought the game from Steam and it says that the product is not available, try these steps:
Game crashes are also usually a result of outdated or missing drivers. These include motherboard, audio and video card drivers.
From an Administrator account, install the following Microsoft Updates
- Check and update your motherboard BIOS and drivers to make sure that you have the most recent and updated versions.
- Check and update your audio card drivers
- Check and update your video card drivers
- Install Microsoft DirectX® 9.0c End-User Runtime
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 or x64 depending on your Operating System)
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 or x64 depending on your Operating System)
And if running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, install this as well
Microsoft KB972036 August 2009 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update
Then run Windows Update and reboot if prompted.