BC3K bombs after intro!

Guest Solo

hi i have 266 dell with 96 megs of ram and all other specifacations for bc3000ad on the box its says if have v2.08 and i have the sound card configured,i donot have vodoo and i am trying to run the normal version, my problem is that when i luanch the game it plays the rather long intro and right after all the names or credits or whater ya want to call them show the game just quits..no main menu no game no nothing whats wrong??

please email [email protected]

please help me!!this game looks awsome!!

thanx

Well I would suggest you read the FAQ. All the usual problems assoicated with running the game can be found there. Before you go digging through it, I suggest you tweek with your memory setting. Make sure you have enough mem in dos, set-up the short-cut according to the FAQ. It's all in there.

writing from the place they

call AOLHELL :P

i tried evrything in the FAQ and i can't get it work.....and what is the thing it tells me about the config.sys in the FAQ?

well thanx

plz help the wait to play is killin me!

Okay, I know how you feel man. In order to get this game to run, you need enough memory in the dos.

Make sure that you config.sys file has something like this:

code:

DEVICE=C:WINDOWSHIMEM.SYS /NUMHANDLES=64 /VERBOSE

DEVICE=C:WINDOWSEMM386.EXE RAM VERBOSE

SHELL=C:WINDOWSCOMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P

DOS=HIGH,UMB

FILES=50

BUFFERS=20

In order to edit config.sys you need an ASCII editor. So open up a dos box and goto the root directory (I don't know what you know about computers, so let's assume that don't know nothin about DOS), type cd and you will get to the C: root directory.

Now type edit config.sys The editor should open now you make sure that you set it up according to the FAQ.

AHHHHHHH the patch didn't work couldn't get the config.sys thing to open in dos....i was where i needed to be but n always said bad command or file name!! i treid evrything!! ahhh :*-(

y me!!!!!! dmanit

~~~~~~someone if u canh ear me help!!!!!~~~~~

Find config.sys, trust me it's there. Heck, forget about DOS, start menu find, files and folder, name: config.sys. After you find it open it up with a plain ASCII text editor(use notepad). Edit according to FAQ. Also make sure your shortcut is properly configed, it's all in the FAQ. I mean if you are having troubles, don't skim it. Read it! Scroll down to the section labled General Questions. The answer to almost every technical question that's ever been asked is in that section. Trust me.

Guest aramike01

Solo, the phish is right, man! Make sure to thoroughly take in the FAQ. I had a problem not too far from yours and believe me, it helped.

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

as i'v been saying i read that damn FAQ like 3 times and did evry possible thing it said to fix it

(i also changed the config.sys)

and i still can't get it to work.... it got a little father though it plays the intr then i hear a second of new music then i get an illegal operation

~~~~~if you can hear me help.....ahhhhhh we've been hit~~~~ahhh help!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opps, I guess I should of asked this long ago, but what's your system spec. Are you doing any over-clocking? How much ram do you have? Post them here please smile.gif I will try to the best of my abilities to help you out. From the bottom of my ole insurgent heart I want to help you get the game running, it's a awsome game.

Try reinstalling from scratch (make sure you install to c:bc3000ad. That's all I can think of. And if you got a vodoo-based accerlator install the drivers from this site. I hope you can get it to work. I mean all you got to do is tweek with it, that's how I got mine to work. Oh yeah, go over that faq again, when I was having problems running the game everytime when I reread it I will find something new to try. Peace and good luck.