To the last stand...

Guest $iLk

First off, this topic is about what to do when your battlecruiser is so badly damaged it cannot function.

SCENARIO 1

Let's say that me, being the dumb@$$ decides to get my Ship all wet... MALFUNCTION.

Is there any way to get my ship out with a shuttle (that was already launched beforehand), drag my battlecruiser to a space station, and then get it repaired?

Instead of having instant kill when coming in contact with water, what about a count down for certain systems? Like launch control so you can get a few people out...

SCENARIO 2

Let's say that I've burned up my resources, or I was hit really bad, to damage my reactor till it goes offline... MALFUNCTION.

Could there be some kind of way to drain some final power from the solar power panels, enough to get a few shuttles out of the docking bay, and continue the game as a roving band of shuttles after the ship is destroyed? Maybe even return to Galcom HQ and get a new ship or get court martialed over the old one?

And finally - Is there any kind of way to replace pilots? (say scorpion got blown up flying into a rock)

anyone see the VOYAGER episode YEAR OF HELL??

That's what me playing battlecruiser is like (Voyager's gradual decline into destruction)

I also tried to play VOYAGER in BC3K by fighting my way into the Gammulan Quadrant(to Gamma 1) Then saying, "I have to go home" and fight my way back to Earth.... Of course I have to stop at every planet along the way and do a few pointless away missions with my marines, atvs and shuttles.

I didn't have Janeway's luck (or diplomatic skills as I tried to use force to get resources... Maybe like the Equinox?) Cause I never made it back...

Must be a male thing... anyhoo I have played BC3k for the LOoongest time and can't wait to get my hands on BCM

(Note to everyone: notice how everyone nowadays ends topics discussing bcm with "can't wait"... I bet once it's out the new fad will be "can't wait to get my hands on GCO " oh well.)

1)tell launched shuttle to tow your BC.

2)if your Solar reactor is working it should produde enough energy for you to limp home or launch a shuttle to drag you there... Provided you are oriented correctly.

3)Yes, goto medibay. you should have the option to clone the pilots.

4) for 1 and 2 you could also send out an SOS.. no guarantee that the will pick you up though.

1: I tried it in the demo ep2- a launched shuttle will indeed tractor you even if you are in the water, but it cannot leave ground level- so you are actually pushed under water by the tractor beam and held there, and all the shuttle seems to do is move sideways, regardless of the orders you give it. I also tried to rescue the battlecruiser myself (in a new game where I had let the ship fall into the water after launching myself away in a shuttle), but the same thing happened- I found that though I could tractor the Battlecruiser, it was pushed under water and my shuttle was stuck at the surface, unable to rise.

I doubt that a shuttle should be able to pull a BC out of the water anyway. Imagine a tug boat trying to tow a few hundred thousand tons worth of aircraft carrier that is under water. The easy part would be rigging a tow line (i.e. tractor beam), but could the tug pull the carrier back up to the surface? Not a chance. In my opinion, neither the tug nor a shuttle acting as a tug would have enough power available to accomplish that mission. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.