Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Melanie650

No Advertisements?

Recommended Posts

Guest Melanie650

I noticed that other than a few boxes in EB Stores, Battlecruiser Millenium has had no kind of advertisement at all. I think there are alot of people out there who would enjoy a game like this but just don't know about it. I know alot of great games that haven't sold due to the fact that no one knows about em. I hope this isn't the case with this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides, I don't think 3000AD Inc. can afford any ads. After all, we first need to fill SC's wallet and send him to Hawaii for a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Melanie650:

I noticed that other than a few boxes in EB Stores, Battlecruiser Millenium has had no kind of advertisement at all. I think there are alot of people out there who would enjoy a game like this but just don't know about it. I know alot of great games that haven't sold due to the fact that no one knows about em. I hope this isn't the case with this game.


You must be drinking. EB has had ads in game mags, oversized BCM boxes and posters in stores etc.

Dunno how you missed them, but thats been going on for over six months. heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SC

I know the 2 local EB stores in my area pulled thier displays back during the summer. They had nice big display boxes back in July. I've been to both stores within the past week and I don't see anything. Maybe it's something you could bring up with them. Then again maybe it's just the 2 stores in my area (Newport News and Hamtpon VA). I thought you might like to know.

Ravonaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Ravonaf:

SC

I know the 2 local EB stores in my area pulled thier displays back during the summer. They had nice big display boxes back in July. I've been to both stores within the past week and I don't see anything. Maybe it's something you could bring up with them. Then again maybe it's just the 2 stores in my area (Newport News and Hamtpon VA). I thought you might like to know.

Ravonaf


Thanks for the headsup, but I don't have any control over it. I'll send my EB contact a message about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My EB also showed an oversized BCM box, but I don't see it anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2 EBs I go to are loded with BCM ads. Box, poster, and some little cd cases (about 15) with BCM picture on them. I like the Big BCM box the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a sec...wait...ok, I'm sure this time. I got an idea...

Remember the EB games billboard in the BCM Ep 2 demo? Advertisers could PAY you to put ads in BCM on bases! Maybe that's not such a good idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a great way to jack up the price of a computer game...oh and while were at it, instead of cutscenes to illustrate the story, why not about 20 minutes of commercials? my god, I hope some ad exec doesn't push for THAT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe th SC put those adds in as a curtousy to EB. Totally on his free will. As a way to thank EB for the way they supported him, or because he appreciated the business relationship they have. I don't believe EB send him any money for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Rico Jansen:

I believe th SC put those adds in as a curtousy to EB. Totally on his free will. As a way to thank EB for the way they supported him, or because he appreciated the business relationship they have. I don't believe EB send him any money for it.


That is correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey you know what, I went to EB world today and they actually did take down the ads and that giant box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×